Mono's 2014 Experiment

:thumb:

Apologies for the lack of updates in getting this journal going, work and life commitments got in the way a little bit ;). The little ladies have been coming along well over the last week. Some transplanting has been done, with some super strong healthy roots to be seen. Later on today I will do the first round of topping, and start a little bit of Low Stress Training. First light feed of canna terra vega has been given at 1/4 strength, don't want these ladies getting any chance of a deficiency. I intend to monitor them with a close eye :)

The first little change to be made is I have decided I want to have a permanent grow area within the house, which can run 24/7 even if we are on holiday and people are looking after the house. For this, I have purchased a Air cooled 400 watt HPS, (Will run MH or HPS for veg and flower) A twin speed rhino fan, and a rhino filter. All this will be housed in a wardrobe the size of the veg tent. With hopefully 100% stealth.... The long term goal of this area is a two plant veg and two plant flowering cabinet which can run 24/7, with the possibility of it becoming a hydro system.

Loads of pics to come as we go through the day. I might also talk a little about the strains too :high-five:

:Namaste:

Some more pics for you guys. Had the ladies out in the poly tunnel for a little bit today, even though there was not much sun to be seen, but it kept the electricians prying eyes off them. Hope to have received all the kit for the stealth set up by the end of next week, so I will be looking to move most of the plants outdoors by then.

:high-five:

P1040048.JPG
P1040049.JPG
P1040051.JPG

Pineapple chunk from barneys farm. Has been FIM'd super early. Will be interesting to see how much it stalls her.

P1040054.JPG
P1040055.JPG

A couple of others left over from the previous grow, White Widow x Skunk #1 which turned out to be a massive yielding plant for a heavy sativa. And a Sage n Sour ;)

P1040053.JPG
P1040050.JPG

Kerala x Skunk #1 - I think this plant is a male, by watching how it grows, since the growth is much faster and spindly than that of the others.

P1040052.JPG

Yeah, as I understand it, the top has to be removed to shift growth from the main cola to side branches, it is a survival strategy should the plant lose its main cola stem. Topping, where you cut just above the node, splits the main cola into 2 shoots. FIMing, where you cut a little higher on the stem can produce 3-4 new shoots rather than just two.

Yeah, as I understand it, the top has to be removed to shift growth from the main cola to side branches, it is a survival strategy should the plant lose its main cola stem. Topping, where you cut just above the node, splits the main cola into 2 shoots. FIMing, where you cut a little higher on the stem can produce 3-4 new shoots rather than just two.

Agreed, however, I find when FIMing taking a little less than normal. Ie, no stem just leaf, you are left with the typical 4 colas found, but without any stunting. So when FIM'ing the removal of stem isn't necessary.

It's not the removal of the top that is required to shift growth, more a damage to the main growth tip. Topping removes the main tip allowing the lower two (or more in case of a trained plant) nodes to grow upwards at the same rate, producing two main tops. FIM'ing (without stem removal, so not FIM in the traditional sense) slows the growing tip, allowing the other nodes to grow up around, whilst stressing the main top into producing more in case of further damage. Much the same as a human muscle does after exercise or the healing of bone after a break.

Still a little bit slow on the updates. The sage n sour which has been outside is still alive and putting on a small amount of growth. It has still been getting down to around 6 degrees C during the night so Im sure its the cooler temps causing slower growth. That said, she is still alive, fingers crossed for some better growth once the temps get a little bit warmer. Hopefully it cant be too long. Aha! The indoor girls are doing great, some pics to come soon. Low stress training is under way, and the topping/fim doesn't seem to have stunted them too much.

Your plants appear to have an evaporation problem or the start of a magnesium deficiency. What are your temperature and humidity in your grow area?

Thanks KJC.

Temps on the indoor plants are a constant 25 degrees Celsius, humidity is between 40 and 70 percent. On the outdoor plants the temps are anywhere between 8 and 30 degrees C.

Why would you suggest a deficiency?

Hiya mono, nice to see you about again matey...

Nice selection of strains.... That pineapple stuff is potent shite... Enjoy !!!

Ive just harvested my 2nd girl..... You know you always reckoned i would hit an ounce dry ????.... Well fella this girl smashed that figure out of the park !!!!!.... I couldnt believe what the scales said.... Had to tare em again....

65 grams !!!!... And common wisdom states not to LST autos... Happy as an auto in chicken crap. :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Looking good Mono my friend :) always enjoy watching your work!
As for not training autos, I think that old overview is being disproven more and more! I always trained my auto girls when I was running them. :) :)
Anyway keep it green buddy, as I know you will :)

Hiya LA good to know that you LST'd your autos too... It seems that as the hybridisation and breeding improves, so does the tolerance.. They are far removed from early autos, more of a photo plant with the genetics present enough just to maintain the benefit of auto flowering.

Thats my thinking anyways

:Namaste:

Hello there neighbor Mono, your garden, as always, looks fantastic. I'm back at journal stalking and yours was the first one my list. Glad to see that your move to a new house was successful and new grow season is on the way. Best of luck to you friend, I will be watching your outdoor experiment closely.
:peace:

Thanks KJC.

Temps on the indoor plants are a constant 25 degrees Celsius, humidity is between 40 and 70 percent. On the outdoor plants the temps are anywhere between 8 and 30 degrees C.

Why would you suggest a deficiency?

I am referring to the curled up edges on the leaves on the plant in your 5th photographs in your last update with photographs.

I am referring to the curled up edges on the leaves on the plant in your 5th photographs in your last update with photographs.

Ahh, she was given tap water at a pH of 4.2. As a bit of an experiment. I believe it did cause, like you said, evaporation issues resulting from dry and brittle leaves. However, once pH of the water was rectified she resumed normal, healthy growth. :)

I know it has been a number of weeks and you guys are probably all un-subbed by now. However, the grow has gone on, just real life has got in the way of all and any updates.

That said, by tomorrow evening I will have a full show of the indoor and outdoor girls in all their glory. Oh, we also have some flowering plants ;)

Stay safe everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom