Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

I got home later than normal today because I swung through Target on my way and picked up a selection of canning jars for curing.

image20452.jpg

I could smell the change in the Bomb when I came through the door. For some inexplicable reason I can smell when my plants are ripe. Buddha defied that and surprised me, but it's happened with all three other plants I took to harvest. What a weird talent, no? I checked her and her trichomes are beginning to change rapidly. No time to get it done tomorrow, but I'm planning on harvesting her on Sunday morning, before sunrise.

It was nice of her to wait this long. I'll have the smaller pieces of Buddha jarred up and there'll be room on the rack for her.

That monster main cola from Buddha - how long should I let it hang to dry? That's a seriously thick stem that will take time to get slightly brittle. Would I be advised to cut it up into buds or just leave it hang?

CO, I agree with you. Those first two photos from today's post should accompany my nomination for her run at POTM. She deserves the showcase and the chance at the title. I think she's going to give me some beautiful buds too, so when they dry I'll pick a nice one and let it have a run at NOTM.

Guys, this grow has been so much fun. I look forward to many, many more in our future.

I've been so busy this week I've neglected many of the journals I'm subscribed to. When this harvest gets done I'll have a small window of opportunity to get caught up. Thankfully many of you stop here and I at least get to keep in touch. :love:

Now for some time to enjoy the fruits of my harvest.

:Namaste:

I live for the day when cannabis is completely legal and all this madness passes. If PA ever gets up to snuff on this issue I will be one of the first people in my area to set up a small co-op. I see a real market for the artisanal grower, both for medicinal and recreational. I could do that. What a gift to offer the community.:love:

Not sure if you will be first Sweetsue. I already told my local State Rep I wanted to hold the first license in the state, lol

However, I read the proposed medical bill and it calls for only 63 license in the state. We need that in my town alone, rofl

BUT the bad news is they are going to want 50,000 for a license to grow and 5,000 a year renewal.

And I saw no provision for growing our own.

its in here somewhere Pennsylvania SB3 | 2015-2016 | Regular Session

Then they force us to remain underground.

We'll spend our money building stealthy garden spaces. It's ridiculous to admit that there's medicinal benefit to cannabis and then disallow the freedom to grow your own, which would help you conserve money and guarantee quality and purity of the meds!

It's only a matter of time. I'll stick to my indomitable optimistic streak and keep expecting it. I simply can't accept that all this suffering will go on forever. I will always believe there's hope.

you don't want to blow directly on the buds when you dry just have air circulating in the area without directly blowing on it

as always i'm late to the party, i hope you forgive me for the inconvenience Sue :love:

everything lookin great, i should have my time with this journal and work my way up to the last page.

very entertaining stuff :thumb:

Then they force us to remain underground.

We'll spend our money building stealthy garden spaces. It's ridiculous to admit that there's medicinal benefit to cannabis and then disallow the freedom to grow your own, which would help you conserve money and guarantee quality and purity of the meds!

It's only a matter of time. I'll stick to my indomitable optimistic streak and keep expecting it. I simply can't accept that all this suffering will go on forever. I will always believe there's hope.

ALL drugs should be legalised, including the production, and then regulated like alcohol and tobacco. It is insane that adults can not do what they bloody well want to do with their own lives. It would even pay for rehab that way, through taxes. Get it away from organised crime.

Learning Buddha

This was the fourth time I'd smoked from those tiny popcorn buds I snipped during Buddha's harvest. The high is consistently potent and becoming more so as the days pass. At the third hit my tongue has gone numb. I kid you not. It's happened every single time at the third hit. We're talking hits this size.

image20467.jpg

I don't know about you, but a good bud is one you're still smoking from three days later, you're totally stoned and you still have some left.

image20468.jpg

I've noticed that with Buddha I begin to arrange the hits in an artistic fashion. You get that beautiful view as you bring in the flame.

image20469.jpg

I feel it's expressing my appreciation for her sacrifice. I find I think of her with every hit, and give a small "thank you" every time.

The high is spiritual, loving, creative, joyful. Almost immediately an internal conversation begins. Small details begin to jump out at me. There are sweet body rushes every now and then. Seriously. As though Buddha wrapped me up in her loving arms and gently laughed in my ear "Here. Try this!"

It's been an hour and a half, an hour of that spent standing in the freezing cold waiting for a bus that didn't show. Buddha helped remind me periodically, with a smile and a whisper in my ear, to stay loose and turn the internal furnace up.
She also had me noticing pink tones and sparkly blacks in the granite foundation stones of the abandoned bank I was standing next to. Thirty-three years here and I never saw that.

I'm warm and safe on the bus now. Riding downtown to get our favorite coffee beans. It's time to start bringing a thermos of good coffee every morning. I'm buzzing right along. It's a 45 minute trip through some great neighborhoods coming into the city. Fabulous architecture. Buddha and I are going to enjoy it together, morning sun warm through the protective glass.

Yeah. She's a high seemingly made for me. Wait until she's cured! Wow!

There are always so many things to take along. Today I'm beginning to bring ice made from filtered water. Their ice sucks! Also flannel sheets I picked up yesterday and washed last night. If he's going to be there for more than a month we need to make the room acceptably home-like. It's tough in a nursing home but I'm damned creative. Air fresheners to kill the smells from the hallway, a super soft bath towel, his own pillow with pillow cases from home... anything within reason that can counteract the creeping tendency to let the situation overwhelm. If they would only let me burn his favorite patchouli incense. I compromised with patchouli goat's milk soap.

Tomorrow I harvest the Bomb. A song of joy to carry me through the day.

Edit: Five hours later. Still slightly buzzed.

Sent from my iPhone

Lungcooking and 420brother, :welcome: . You're just in time for the last dance. Harvest is in the wee hours of the morning.

You are kidding right ?? Those are cannabis fragments compared to what I stuff in a joint :eek: I wish I could get high on bits that small :(

(Joints contain 0.2g on average here)

if there was a post of the month i would nominate your last one sue, that was great. i was there with you,, too much fun. you enjoy that , you deserve it.

i always say to my wife while we are smoking home grown,, remember, only one ever plant, crap plant to boot, but i always say to the wife to (you gotta think this with a french accent,, stretch it out) "saveur the flaveur' ,, to try to appreciate the taste and smell,, too funny. and of course,, 'respect'' we must respect the plant,, no one else does

happy for you

if there was a post of the month i would nominate your last one sue, that was great. i was there with you,, too much fun. you enjoy that , you deserve it...

happy for you

I want to second that. I absolutely loved that post. I was also listening to the beatles and having a flash back to the 70's there...

Learning Buddha

This was the fourth time I'd smoked from those tiny popcorn buds I snipped during Buddha's harvest. The high is consistently potent and becoming more so as the days pass. At the third hit my tongue has gone numb. I kid you not. It's happened every single time at the third hit. We're talking hits this size.

image20467.jpg

I don't know about you, but a good bud is one you're still smoking from three days later, you're totally stoned and you still have some left.

image20468.jpg

I've noticed that with Buddha I begin to arrange the hits in an artistic fashion. You get that beautiful view as you bring in the flame.

image20469.jpg

I feel it's expressing my appreciation for her sacrifice. I find I think of her with every hit, and give a small "thank you" every time.

The high is spiritual, loving, creative, joyful. Almost immediately an internal conversation begins. Small details begin to jump out at me. There are sweet body rushes every now and then. Seriously. As though Buddha wrapped me up in her loving arms and gently laughed in my ear "Here. Try this!"

It's been an hour and a half, an hour of that spent standing in the freezing cold waiting for a bus that didn't show. Buddha helped remind me periodically, with a smile and a whisper in my ear, to stay loose and turn the internal furnace up.
She also had me noticing pink tones and sparkly blacks in the granite foundation stones of the abandoned bank I was standing next to. Thirty-three years here and I never saw that.

I'm warm and safe on the bus now. Riding downtown to get our favorite coffee beans. It's time to start bringing a thermos of good coffee every morning. I'm buzzing right along. It's a 45 minute trip through some great neighborhoods coming into the city. Fabulous architecture. Buddha and I are honing to enjoy it together, morning sun warm through the protective glass.

Yeah. She's a high seemingly made for me. Wait until she's cured! Wow!

There are always so many things to take along. Today I'm beginning to bring ice made from filtered water. Their ice sucks! Also flannel sheets I picked up yesterday and washed last night. If he's going to be there for more than a month we need to make the room acceptably home-like. It's tough in a nursing home but I'm damned creative. Air fresheners to kill the smells from the hallway, a super soft bath towel, his own pillow with pillow cases from home... anything within reason that can counteract the creeping tendency to let the situation overwhelm. If they would only let me burn his favorite patchouli incense. I compromised with patchouli goat's milk soap.

Tomorrow I harvest the Bomb. A song of joy to carry me through the day.

Edit: Five hours later. Still slightly buzzed.

Sent from my iPhone

I had to smile at this. Its funny on one hand in a stoner way, but on the other hand most people live their lives unaware of the small details around them. Or if they are aware, unimpressed at the complexity of it all. More people need to take time out to just people satisfied by the simple things. I used to hike and backpack alot and spend a considerable time in the outdoors and that all stopped when I moved to this city. Its one of my greatest disappointments in my life...but I'll remedy it soon enough. Glad to see you aren't so caught up in the hustle and bustle that you have time for your loved ones and time to take the scenic route through life. :)

Daily Update: THC Bomb Auto, Day 85

After looking closely I'm certain this is the best time to harvest her, so let me load in the last photos and you all can just enjoy. She got another 1/4 turn and 6 cups of water to fill the reservoir. Then I pulled the lights out of the way and took her last shots in daylight. Mother Nature gifted us with bright and sunny skies and she showed off her best on this, her last day.

I started by removing the straps holding her in place. She deserves to live her last day unfettered.

image20473.jpg

On to the final shots.

image20475.jpg

image20476.jpg

image20477.jpg

image20478.jpg

image20479.jpg

image20480.jpg

image20482.jpg

image20483.jpg

image20484.jpg

image20485.jpg

image20486.jpg

image20487.jpg

image20488.jpg

image20489.jpg

image20490.jpg

image20492.jpg

image20493.jpg

image20494.jpg

image20495.jpg

image20496.jpg

image20497.jpg

image20498.jpg

image20499.jpg

image20500.jpg

image20501.jpg

image20502.jpg

image20503.jpg

image20504.jpg

image20505.jpg

image20506.jpg

image20507.jpg

image20508.jpg

image20509.jpg

image20510.jpg

image20511.jpg

image20512.jpg

image20513.jpg

image20514.jpg

image20515.jpg

image20516.jpg

And there she goes. Thanks for indulging me. It was my last opportunity to photograph her whole. What a delight she's been for us all. My only regret is that I won't be able to spend her last day with her. There's so much to do in preparation. After the practice run with Buddha I'm better prepared for the Bomb. I'll do my best to share the excitement with you.

I hope you all enjoyed her swan song.

Awesome flowers, Sweetsue!

And despite the notoriety you're earning for producing such fine results under CFLs, yes, the truth is that it's your soil.

Simply amazing! :circle-of-love::bravo:

I don't know if I've ever seen such perfection for an indoor cfl grow. If you try to adjust your soil for gnats are you growing for gnats or growing for perfection? I guess I'm sayin' is "If the plant ain't broke, don't fix it." :) But, we all want to try to improve on our last don't we?

-Fellow Dragon Chaser
:peace:

You are kidding right ?? Those are cannabis fragments compared to what I stuff in a joint :eek: I wish I could get high on bits that small :(

(Joints contain 0.2g on average here)

Seriously. I've been smoking one or two tiny pieces with the addition of some tiny sugar leaves. Actually, the second shot of the pipe is a good example of the size of mine. Dale tends to fill it a bit more. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom