Mono's Perpetual Soil

Some pics of the clones :)

SAM_07193.JPG
SAM_07181.JPG
SAM_07171.JPG
SAM_07153.JPG

It is always better to have one 400W lamp rather than 4x100W, because of light intensity. If you will add one more 90W lamp I don't think that your ladies will notice it.
That's why I can't wait for your bloom cycle with 600W sun :D And the buds will be covered with the Ice Ice baby :D

It is always better to have one 400W lamp rather than 4x100W, because of light intensity. If you will add one more 90W lamp I don't think that your ladies will notice it.
That's why I can't wait for your bloom cycle with 600W sun :D And the buds will be covered with the Ice Ice baby :D

I am considering a 400 watt MH for veg, but I like the lack of heat and stretch I get with the Cfls. The flowering cycle is always fun under 600 watt hps. Seems to be the perfect size for my tent too which is great :)

The clones definitely lack the vigour and growth rate that I have experienced with growing from seed, but they finally seem to be putting on visible new growth day by day. I am going to keep a close eye on the temps and humidity for the next couple of days and see if that makes any difference even though there has been no large fluctuations.

On a brighter note, there is no sign of those pesky fungus gnats that plagued me on previous grows, so I would certainly recommend using perlite to top-dress as a preventative measure for anyone who has had fungus gnat problems in the past.

So as you can see from the pics there has been a slight change over the past three or four days. I'm pleased with that since they lost about 85% of their leaves and then went through a transplant, so I dare say rather stressful.

They appear to be rooting out their pots, so hope to see some better growth over the following couple of days. We shall see :)

Been looking into floro tubes to replace the current CFL's in the veg tent. Has anyone got any experience with these? Trying to figure out if they would give more light for the same amount of wattage (400).

Or would I be better going for a 400 watt hps or MH? Although, these mean I will have even more heat to deal with...
I'm not sure these tubes can be really efficient as main light source. If you would ask about mine experience I could say that HPS is more productive in the meaning of light emission flow, it more "dense", so it can transport more energy to the cells. I tried to run veg stage using 2 FCLs per 120W each for 2 12l pots with autos, veg was without issues, but nothing impressive tho, 200 HPS is far more than 200W FCL. I think FCLs advantages are more connected to economical and the lack-of-space problems.
P.S. Man, plz check out my monster seedling, did u seen such deviations before?
2 x BlackJack Auto & 1 x Unknown Strain 400W HPS Organic Grow

I believe you will be better served by a 400 watt Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium light as they provide more lumens and efficiency than Fluorescent light bulbs. if you are looking at LED grow lights i would email SmokeSara at her company Topledgrowlight and let her know you are a 420 Magazine member and enquire about the best price she can offer on whichever light you are interested in.

@Mars Hydro

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

https://www.topledgrowlight.com

sales@topledgrowlight.com

I'm not sure these tubes can be really efficient as main light source. If you would ask about mine experience I could say that HPS is more productive in the meaning of light emission flow, it more "dense", so it can transport more energy to the cells. I tried to run veg stage using 2 FCLs per 120W each for 2 12l pots with autos, veg was without issues, but nothing impressive tho, 200 HPS is far more than 200W FCL. I think FCLs advantages are more connected to economical and the lack-of-space problems.
P.S. Man, plz check out my monster seedling, did u seen such deviations before?

I believe you will be better served by a 400 watt Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium light as they provide more lumens and efficiency then Fluorescent light bulbs. if you are looking at LED grow lights i would email SmokeSara at her company Topledgrowlight and let her know you are a 420 Magazine member and enquire about the best price she can offer on whichever light you are interested in.

@Mars Hydro

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

https://www.topledgrowlight.com

sales@topledgrowlight.com

Thanks guys, was my thoughts also on the tubes. Have never thought about LED's king, seem quite expensive for me at the moment, but is something I would love to do in the future.

Back
Top Bottom