Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

How was the meet up?
It was a lot smaller than originally planned, but we had an excellent time. We got to sit and talk growing, which I never get to do, face to face. And sampling everyone's bud, is pretty cool.

The setting was so peaceful and relaxing, it was very nice. I got to watch the sun rise across the lake every morning, while I was sitting and chilling with a cup of coffee on the dock. This was my view every morning.

Great, I only discuss growing to one person really and it’s not like it’s a deep technical discussion. We have a serious lack of growers’ comminity where I live, but there’s nothing I can do about it. At least I have 420 :)

Great, I only discuss growing to one person really and it’s not like it’s a deep technical discussion. We have a serious lack of growers’ comminity where I live, but there’s nothing I can do about it. At least I have 420 :)
That's the way I am. Two guys I play music with grow as well, but we get together sporadically, so it's not often we talk. The talk is also a bit more music oriented as well, so not a lot.

It's nice to be able to talk shop, especially with other kit users.
:thumb:

That’s a nice sunrise spot Morgs :rollit:
It was amazing. I was in the dock every morning with my coffee in the wonderful fall air.

It was funny to see how a group of stoners were in bed before midnight and up at 6-7 every day. Bunch of lazy stoners. ;P

I sure appreciate all you folks, I also only have one other local grower to interact with. Thanks
This is me too, just the one person and he has not grown in years. A superficial discussion at best. But he understands my obsession.
And he sure likes my sample packs to take home. :ganjamon:
In the states where it's legal, are there growers clubs, or something of the sort? There are clubs for all kinds of other things. Why not cannabis cultivation?

Good thinkin. I never really saw/looked for a enthusiast club.
Most of the info you see have some sort of money making scheme behind it. Like learn 'how to grow in hydro' or join the club we come set your tent up.
And the younger people with attitude you find in the head shops, geezsh. I was doing gorilla grows getting chased thru the trees long before these peeps were born.
It is Kool, I am not really complaining I was young once to I just dont remember very well.

Now that I think, the kids in the local hydro store are super nice, there is just very little I need there and I feel bad if I dont buy something. It is so very good to meet a twenty something who is into growing, I should visit my hydro store peeps.
Gonna go do a search, hmm.:nomo:

Good thinkin. I never really saw/looked for a enthusiast club.
Most of the info you see have some sort of money making scheme behind it. Like learn 'how to grow in hydro' or join the club we come set your tent up.
And the younger people with attitude you find in the head shops, geezsh. I was doing gorilla grows getting chased thru the trees long before these peeps were born.
It is Kool, I am not really complaining I was young once to I just dont remember very well.

Now that I think, the kids in the local hydro store are super nice, there is just very little I need there and I feel bad if I dont buy something. It is so very good to meet a twenty something who is into growing, I should visit my hydro store peeps.
Gonna go do a search, hmm.:nomo:
Something my wife and I have talked about possibly doing, once things line up, is a bed and breakfast, where the guests get workshops on growing.

'Come and learn how to cultivate cannabis, while you stay in a relaxing setting out in the country'
:ganjamon:

Some of these cuts grow quickly enough, I can get two of them in flower at once. This leads to some interesting observations.

These are both the same cut of ThaiPan. The one on the left went into 11/13 lighting on 9/10. The one on the right went in on 8/11 and was very close to the same size and trim job as the left one. It's been done stretching for a week+ at this point.

For those of you that are thinking about dipping into pure sativas, this is one of the stretchier plants I've grown. I didn't do any root restriction on them, and I didn't try to keep it low. I just bent it over to get it to bush up. Then I trimmed the tops down to a level canopy, when I trimmed all the lowers off and threw it into flower. It could have been kept to half that height with a bit of work. I have the height though, so I don't bother. I just raised my lights if they go for the ceiling.

They can be managed with a bit of work. Just make sure you're ready for an explosion of growth.

It's that Thai Chang Mai. My Male 3rd gen golden tiger was a stretcher too, so was the thai chi. All those have the same thai parent.
I think they're breeding the Golden Tiger towards the Thai side now. Dubi really likes the crosses with it. He said they may release the Thai Chi Mai as a landrace as well. That would kick ass.

There is a growers club that meets monthly in Portland. I have never gone myself but have heard that it is a lot of fun. I think they charge a small fee for membership, but you can always walk away with free seeds.

There is also another monthly meeting where all they do is smoke and share buds.... I have been meaning to make it to that one, too.

I’d love to have sth like that here, but it’s a pipe dream :smokin:

There is a growers club that meets monthly in Portland. I have never gone myself but have heard that it is a lot of fun. I think they charge a small fee for membership, but you can always walk away with free seeds.

There is also another monthly meeting where all they do is smoke and share buds.... I have been meaning to make it to that one, too.
That's pretty cool. There needs to be groups like that to help cannabis travel into the mainstream consciousness and discard the stigma that many have in their minds about it. It's a hobby akin to bee keeping, or gardening and eventually growing will be looked at in that manner. It's going to take a while to get there though. Hopefully I'll get to see it become that in my lifetime.

It's a hobby akin to bee keeping, or gardening and eventually growing will be looked at in that manner.
You are hitting the nail on the head! It's as simple as that. I hope it becomes legal federally soon and all the other states will follow soon after. Sounds great but it will probably happen at an agonizing pace. Hopefully within out lifetimes, though. What a crazy fn world, huh?

You are hitting the nail on the head! It's as simple as that. I hope it becomes legal federally soon and all the other states will follow soon after. Sounds great but it will probably happen at an agonizing pace. Hopefully within out lifetimes, though. What a crazy fn world, huh?
It's crazy indeed. I saw an article just today about a private prison company, that contributes millions towards keeping cannabis illegal because legalization would damage their profits. It's all about the corporate profits.

Ya I believe it. There are some terrible documentaries out there. I have heard personal stories, and you can't deny those. I have a teen age nephew that keeps getting in trouble. IDK all the details, but this last time he got sent you whatever kid jail, he was smoking pot in Wisconsin. Shipped him back to ORegon to be in whatever prison they are keeping him in. Poor kid. He's in the system and I can see the gov working against him and not with him and there is nothing I can do about it. Maybe his mom can, but were not too close.

Anyways,,, ranting,

It's really worrysome. There are a pile of senators and lobbyists that seem to be trying to help. People like John Legend and that dude from System of a Down have been highlighting the prisons' detriment for years. And nothing seems to be getting better.

Bleh,

Back
Top Bottom