Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

I trimmed the Thai x Panama and the latest Purple Malawi tonight. This ThaiPan is very nice. I need to figure out how to keep this in seed form. It needs to be tamed, as it's a wild kraken of a cut.

It is lightly seeded. The only thing that could have pollinated it, was stray pollen from my Mulanje reproduction, or more likely the squat wide leaved pheno of Mulanje that hermied on me. I may be a gluten for punishment, but it could be a great combination. The stature on the Mulanje could really tame this beast. It grew like an indica. I threw a handful of them into water tonight.

They both sound like a thrilling buzz!
I may end up with a bunch of hermied plants, but if it works out, it could really tame this beast and the stringent lime smell would only add to the lime/dank smell that the ThaiPan has. I can't place what exactly the dankness is, but even carried over in the bud I dried in the dehydrator.

When I was triming last night I smoked about half a bowl and was flying. Then I cleaned the scissors and added that to the bowl..... o_O
Weeee

Weeee, love me some scissor hash. Lime sounds nice i haven't had that.
I've had lots of lime plants this year, to the point that my wife doesn't even mention it when I ask her about the smell and flavor. It is the tastiest lime one I've had though. It's the dankness underneath that makes the zest from the lime really shine.

NepJam is getting cut this morning. She could probably go another week as there are still some white pistols and she's praying hard. The pistols have really started to darken up this week though and I found about a dozen nanners on her. No pollen from any of them, but it's a sign that it's time to cut her.

This is a very well behaved plant. I can see the same structure in the Orient Express x NepJam that I have in veg as well. They've really worked this line towards a squat uniform shape. I almost broke one of the tops off when I was bending them downwards to open things up in veg. She didn't seem to notice.

Lots of housekeeping around the grow to get ready for our trip soon. It looks like quite a few aren't able to make it, but we're meeting up with Ween, Yeti, and Buck, along with hopefully a couple of others. I have someone that is watching my grow, but they are simply keeping things watered and alive while I'm gone. I really need to find someone to mentor in this system for when I go out of town.

I should have a soil order to pick up Monday. Pro-mix x3, EWC x4. The last time I picked up an order like this was almost two years exactly. Not to bad for the amount of plants I run. This really is an efficient system that Doc's designed for us. Tomorrow I'll be mixing up a batch once I get home.

I used up the very last of the 1st run soil I've been using for seedlings to up-pot the sativa beasts last night when I pulled the NepJam out of flower. I need to have these thing easy to manage while I'm out of town soon, and the Tangie Dawg x Kerala is past her stretching point, so she's ready. I hope I don't regret putting the Old-timers in a big pot before she's done stretching. She could end up being huge. Once my new soil gets done cooking, I'll be topping off the pots. It's all I had to work with unfortunately, after the 4 in veg got up potted as well last night.

And a couple other random pics while I'm here.

And now it's time to head out and commence with the harvesting.

Looking forward to it! Will be fun! Too bad so many had to bail.

That plant looks very nice! Congrats on the impending harvest!

:passitleft:
Thanks. It's got a funk to the smell I noticed, when I pulled it out into my work room last night. It's not overly pungent, but it should still be pretty tasty. Mostly, it has a sweet, sightly fruity smell.
Have fun chopping, I'm looking forward to the smoke report on the Nepjam, it should be a very happy uplifting strain. I think @eggsman recently finished one.
I'm pretty bummed I couldn't make the trip. I committed thinking I wouldn't have any problem finding a house/dog/plant sitter but both my options fell through.
The smell isn't really strong, but once I got it isolated, it was coming through pretty well. It has about a week to hang, to test it properly. I'll probably throw a nug in the dehydrator later today to get an early smoke test.

It's hard to swap to something else right now though. This ThaiPan is excellent stuff. I keep reaching for it, even right before bed when I shouldn't be puffing on a sativa. It's got this dreamlike state that it puts you in, kind of like my last Zamadelica, but it's got a lot more punch to it. It doesn't seem weak or flat, even after smoking on the Killer A5 the week prior. This one is definitely sticking around in my garden.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

A5 x Kali China. It's an Ace tester, which I believe isn't going to get released, due to them being limited on what they can release using the A5. Huge foxtail buds. She reaks of astringent lime.
13 weeks since pistols showed. I'm planning on cutting her tomorrow. The tops still have white pistols, but they have been turning the last week. Everything below the top buds have had completely brown pistols now for about three weeks, so I figured it's time. I'm worried about possible bud rot if I let her go much longer, as my rh spikes when they lights go out and I'm not certain how long it stays that way. I really crisped her up. Way to hot of 3rd run soil and I adjusted by feeding heavier, not realizing the problem. The next run should be better.

Orient Express x NepJam got trimmed up and put into flower a couple of days ago. I forgot to get pictures after the trim. About the bottom third got trimmed off. She's dense. Look at how close together the nodes near the tips are. This should have some seriously fat buds by the time she's done.

And my Purple Satellite via @tropics, just started to show color on the tips. This is a beautiful cut. I wish I hadn't lost the clone. I have 4 more seeds to pop. Hopefully I find it again.

That's it for tonight. Time to smoke one and chill. :ganjamon:

Looking good! Just over a week.....,

:slide:
Thank you, and yes indeed.

I should have some of both A5 crosses, along with a few others to sample.

This ThaiPan is my current favorite though....

Nice looking foxtail, and the ErdPert x NepJam is one happy looking plant. :yummy:
Thank you.

That it is. It's Orient Express though, instead of Erdpurt. It's supposed to be Ace's highest yielding cross. I've seen some pics of it and it's supposed to get some giant pyramids of flower clusters.

I hope the flavor of the Orient Express carries over. When I was triming up the NepJam I cut the other week, I got a good wiff of it and in not so sure I care for the smell. It's sweet and fruity with some dankness, but there's this underlaying sweet fermentation smell that I don't care for. The Bangi Congo x Malawi had it as well. My wife refers to it as the 'poop' smell.

We'll have to see. The plant is a beast though.
That A5 kali China looks like fire.
Thank you. She's a sensitive thing that I've abused with way to much organic matter and drenches. She's kept on sending out more and more foxtails and swelling though, so she's a trooper.

I should snap a pic for comparison. These are some chunky buds.

Thank you, and yes indeed.

I should have some of both A5 crosses, along with a few others to sample.

This ThaiPan is my current favorite though....

Thank you.

That it is. It's Orient Express though, instead of Erdpurt. It's supposed to be Ace's highest yielding cross. I've seen some pics of it and it's supposed to get some giant pyramids of flower clusters.

I hope the flavor of the Orient Express carries over. When I was triming up the NepJam I cut the other week, I got a good wiff of it and in not so sure I care for the smell. It's sweet and fruity with some dankness, but there's this underlaying sweet fermentation smell that I don't care for. The Bangi Congo x Malawi had it as well. My wife refers to it as the 'poop' smell.

We'll have to see. The plant is a beast though.

Thank you. She's a sensitive thing that I've abused with way to much organic matter and drenches. She's kept on sending out more and more foxtails and swelling though, so she's a trooper.

I should snap a pic for comparison. These are some chunky buds.
Sure enough Orient Express, I should not use my phone to respond its to hard for me to proof read. Anyway it does look healthy and on its way to some nice clusters, I know I will be watching for sure. Your garden variety is both interesting and impressive and I enjoy the education of all them different strains. The Nepal Jam I grew does leave a nice sweet smell in the room after smoking it but does have some dankness in the taste, but I am still learning how to describe the taste and smells. My Bangi Congo x Pan also has that same dankness in the taste as well, but its a taste I don't mind.
Happy Sunday to you,:passitleft:

Sure enough Orient Express, I should not use my phone to respond its to hard for me to proof read. Anyway it does look healthy and on its way to some nice clusters, I know I will be watching for sure. Your garden variety is both interesting and impressive and I enjoy the education of all them different strains. The Nepal Jam I grew does leave a nice sweet smell in the room after smoking it but does have some dankness in the taste, but I am still learning how to describe the taste and smells. My Bangi Congo x Pan also has that same dankness in the taste as well, but its a taste I don't mind.
Happy Sunday to you,:passitleft:
Yes, phones can be a pain at times. I'm constantly scrolling my screen back up as I type.

I love having the variety. There's always something different to smoke. And I can dip back into something good when I want to. Some weeks I'll smoke something different every day.

This ThaiPan though. I keep finding myself pulling it back out.

I forgot to mention that earlier this week I found balls all over my Old-timers, so he's in the compost now.

I've got 3 of the ThaiPan x Mulanje seeds up above dirt and a 4th one that should be up today or tomorrow. Hopefully at least 1 is a female that doesn't hermie. Gotta keep the perpetual, perpetual.
:yummy:

I was disappointed I lost the clone of this Purple Satellite, but now I see that it's for the best. She's close to 4 weeks since she started flowering and she's sprung up nanners. Beautiful, vigorous plant. Smells of sweet cherry.

I put the other one into flower and have a cutting of that one rooted. She's not as hearty looking, but she has a nice velvety purple smell, if that makes sense.

I have a few more seeds to pop. Time to put them in the queue.

Morglie since you had nanners I was wondering if you are aware of Purple Satellite's touchy nature. I have one just started and Amy informed me of it's finicky nature, here is tropics quote to her.

tropics said:

Sure no problem!
The Nepali in the cross allows P.S. to be finished very early in the northern latitudes where the light hours during peak solstice is about 16 hours and even at that the Nepali has been grow and adapted over many generations even further north in Denmark I believe, where they probably peak out at 20 hours of daylight so lesser daylight hours triggers flower faster because they sense winter is coming. Bringing them to finish by early to late September outdoors in the northern latitude here 42 degrees N
So being so adapted to such long hours of light to much of a cut acts as a stresser to the plant and she will react in self preservation by throwing out male flowers or hermaphrodites. Now keep in mind I have grown hundreds of PS under correct conditions and never have seen them sport a single male lower on a female.
But I have seen male flowers on every plant put right into a 12/12 day light cycle.
So if you grow PS indoors it can be done but you need to mimmic the slower graduation of declining daylight to do her correctly.

:thumb:
I have a Purple Sat growing now started late that will have to be brought indoors when the weather turns

Back
Top Bottom