Mota's First Indoor Grow - White Widow, Northen Lights & Big Blue

The hollowing should fill out if you let the buds fully ripen. This trait tends to come when the sativa influence in the breeding expresses itself.
Great to see you practising the supercropping. Once you have the "feel" for the 'pop', it comes easy and has dramatic results in yield. I would suggest all who grow in a confined area use the supercropping technique.
Thank you for the reassurrance Moose, greatly appreciated.. I was just starting to wonder... Hahaha..

I'm sure that this plant does have a bit of sativa in her, apart your insanely beautiful WW sativa, I've never really seen a tall indica like this one, unless this is what they mean by "medium in height"..!

sweet buds mota, your just a couple days ahead of me
Yes! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks great! It's great to see all of the first time growers doing so well. I hope to follow suit.
Thank for the kind words, I'm sure that you'll do great too!

Excellent idea using your male plants to practice super cropping! I'll remember and do that in the future. Your plants look wonderful.
Lol, I figured that I would give the supercropping a go since they were going to be cut down anyways. Now that I'm more comfortable with this method and I started using it on the 3 plants in veg.

Hey Mota nice grow!! im new aswell and i found this site and thread while searching through google for the b'cuzz hydromix. I went to the hydro shop to buy some pro-mix to make a mix from a recipe given to me and the owner told me to give the b'cuzz stuff a try so i am but mixed in with perlite.

can u give me a run down on the feeding and nuts u give it time wise? i currently have b'cuzz root and b'cuzz grow

Hey Mota nice grow!! im new aswell and i found this site and thread while searching through google for the b'cuzz hydromix. I went to the hydro shop to buy some pro-mix to make a mix from a recipe given to me and the owner told me to give the b'cuzz stuff a try so i am but mixed in with perlite.

can u give me a run down on the feeding and nuts u give it time wise? i currently have b'cuzz root and b'cuzz grow

Hi Asher, funny how you came to 420Magazine.com, I'm glad you are enjoying my grow. I hope you have success with yours..!

I have pretty much given every bit of info regarding nutrients in my posts, you can check it out. But I'll give you the run down..!

Soil mix
Here is the run down on my soil mix
70% - B'Cuzz Mixx Hydro Mix
20% - Peal and Shrimp bio compost
10% - Perlite

The b'cuzz is great, but I was highly recommended to add some fishy compost to it. You can pick some up pretty much anyways, like your local harware store for less then 5$.. Just make sure you get BIO, that's they key, you want good stuff in your soil, not a bunch of wacked out crap.

Nutrients
The nutrients I got are from Canna. Growing in soil, I got the Canna Terra line of course.

I also got a bottle of Sea Weed Extract. I HIGHly recommend this product, it's just an add on for you plants, they'll love you for giving them this.
When you get your nutrients, you'll get a chart, you just have to follow it. I explained how to follow it in post #77 in the thread.

By the way, in case you were wondering, the nutrients will run you close to 120$. That includes Terra Vega, Terra Flores, Rhizotonic, Cannazym and Pk 13/14 and the Sea Weed. You don't need to buy them all at once. To start with, get some Rhizo and the Sea Weed, once everything is rockin and you made it through the germination and sprouting phase and that they are ready to transplant into larger pots, get the Terra Vega and Cannazym. The Terra Flores and Pk 13/14 can wait until you are ready to flower. If you are going from regualr seeds, maybe wait and see if you have females before getting the remaining flowering stage nutrients.

Watering
I set myself a watering sched, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, always at night about an hour before the lights go off. The plants get used to that and I was told it's better to keep a sched then to water here and there.

Once your plants have a couple leafs, say after 2 weeks, Sea Weed is given to them by foliar feed, meaning you spray the leafs with the mix. You make sure you get the top and under parts of the leafs since they absorb more stuff under. I foliar fed at half strength every watering for the first 2 weeks. Then from that point on it was full strength once a week and now it's every 5 days during flowering.

I put the seeds in water for 24 hours, then put them in a moist papertowl that I put in a ziplock. I put that in a dark area and in about 24-36 hours I was seeing sprouts. I waited for the sprouts to be about 1/4 inch and then put the directly into soil in 16oz plastic beer glasses. Once you put those sprouts in the soil, I just gave them water the first couple days. Then I hit them up with a half strenght of seaweed, just watered them with that. Once they showed a couple leafs, like 2 or 3 sets, I transplanted them in 4.5" pots, always using the same quantities for the soil mix.

Once in the 4.5" pots, they started to get half doses of Rhizo, 1ml/l, 2ml/l and 3ml/l for a week. I started foliar feeding that week too.

The following week, I started giving them Rhizo and Terra Vega according to the chart in post #77. At this point the roots were nice and strong, they got transplanted in 9" pots. And I just continued giving them nutes according to the chart. Still always foliar feeding with Sea Weed of course!

That's a quick run down, more details are posted in the thread. If you are interested, you can read through it and check out the pictures to really see the progress. I actually have 2 batchs going in this grow.. The details I gave here was according to the 2nd batch of seeds I have going. I didn't have all the nutrients for the 1st batch so they got off to a slower start. But the idea remains the same.

Keep in mind that this is my first grow. I've given alot of time to my plants and they're well being, that's all they need, attention, that's the key. Also, I HIGHly recommend you check out other threads, such as Smokin Moose's, Urdedpal's and Matunaska Valley's, they have alot of experience in this field and you can learn alot from them.

Mota i actually went out and bought some root stimulator and some grow stimulator after reading through your thread...i tried getting the same exact products but none of the local shops had the canna line in stocck so i went with b'cuzz..i will keep an eye on this thread and you bet im looking through the other ones :bongrip:

thanks for that run down having everything in one post makes life so much easier, cant be lookin through so many pages with closed eyes! haha :smokin:

Asher, good stuff..!
thatboydean, thank you..!

I've got a question.
For some odd reason one of the 4 plants in veg showed sex while it was in 18/6. I chopped it down and now I have more room for the other 3. Now, out of those I think the other 3 are showing sex, looks like 2 females and 1 male. But how can they be showing sex in 18/6? I don't want them to flower, I need them to continue in veg for a while, I need clones..! Hahaha! Should I put the lights to 20/4?

I'll post pictures later this evening.

Alright, thank you Moose, I needed the reassurance..!

I think I will go out this week and get some powedered Big Bud from Advanced Nutrients to add to what they currently are getting as nutes. The dude at the hydroshop has been giving me good advice so far and he suggested hitting them up with some Big Bud around week 3 of flowering for 3 to 4 weeks. I have to go by the hydropshop anyways because I also want to get some cloning gel. I'd like to get some clones later this week. I'll have to read up on this before, I am not very familiar with cloning.

Lights go off at 8pm, I got home later then that, so the pictures will have to wait until tomorrow!

This is one of the most comprehensive first grows I have ever seen. You covered everything on your first try, good growing! :clap:

Thank you roorman..! There is so much info on this site and so many good growers that you just have to read up, use your judgement and voila, you are set.

But unfortunantly every grow encounters problems, here is what I saw this morning when I got up

Day 38
These plants are still in veg

day38_7.JPG

day38_6.JPG

day38_5.JPG

#5 is alright, #6 had been strapped in so she stands straight. #7 looks pathetic.. The stem is all sloopy. I'll strap the plant to try and make it straight and I'll have the fan blow on them to make the stem stronger, the top is to heavy and the bitch is falling over.

On a side note, here is my lady, day 60 from seed, day 21 of flowering

day60_a.JPG

day60_b.JPG

day60top.JPG

Her stem is strong, but I can see her starting to lean a bit.. The branchs are strong and holding up while the leafs are just blah, hanging there looking all sad and down.

I have a feeling they just need their water pronto. I watered them all on Friday and I usually give them one big watering on Monday. I usually give my lady one liter, I guess she's thirsty and wants some more, I'll give her 1.5L right away and hopefully she'll be all pretty again. Same goes with the veg plants. I'll give them some water now and later this evening a seaweed foliar feed. In the mean time I'll fix #7's look.. That should set her straight..!

That happend to me once all the leaves were droopy and all they needed was water or it might be because of the heat no air circulating around leaves.

Yup, all they needed was water, they are looking alot better now..! They were looking good an hour after I fed them.

It's not very hot, about 74 in the flowering room with the door slightly opened, around 78 if the door is completly closed. Andin the veg closet it's about 74 with the door closed. The temps drop to about 69 in both rooms at night, I'm not sure, I don't disturb the lady when the lights go off..!

A little extra water and potassium (K) will help those droopy plants. Potassium helps create strong cell walls and will help them stand nice and strong.

Great thank you Roorman..!

It was just a lack of water, they are doing way better now. ;)

I fed them yesterday and man oh man, they loved their nutes and SeaWeed! The buds already look thicker then yesterday, many more white hairs are appearing every day, I'm stoked! Here are a few bud shots..!

A lower branch's bud
day62b.JPG

A view from the top
day62c.JPG

The top bud itself
day62g.JPG

A sideshot of the top of the main cola - I can't wait for the buds to grow and cover that stem completly..!
day62f.JPG

I went to the hydro shop today and I got a couple more things.

I wanted a flowering boost, so that's what I got. I wanted to stick to the same line of products that I already have but my dude said he's trying Boost by Canna out and that's it's a great product, a great addition to the existing line but mone the less, it's pricey.. And a bit more then I wanted to pay. He said something about the Canna Boost help the plant absorb it's nute more and this other product "Liquid Bud" does that AND also give more nutes.. Je recommended I go with this second flowering boosting nute, he's used many times in the past and it's suppose to work wonders. So I got "Liquid Bud", it's a made by a regional company, the same that makes the Sea Weed I bought. I mentionned I wanted to get Bug Bud by Advanced Nutrients, it came in a powder form and since all my other nutes are liquid it's simpler to just add an other liquid. The only powdered substance I would use would be sea weed because that is mixed in seperatly.

Here is the latest rundown of their feedings
Terra Flores 5ml/l
Rhizo 0.5ml/l
Cannazym 2.5ml/l
PK 13/14 1.5ml/l
Starting tomorrow 3ml/l of Liquid Bud will be added.

liquidbud1.JPG

liquidbud2.JPG

So that new product was added to the "closet of nutrients", :laughtwo:
supplies.JPG

What's that on the bottom you ask?.. "Clone It" by Advanced Nutrients cloning gel. The long white thing is a Jiffy cloning dome. I picked it up at Home Depot for 7$(!) This one is 20" long and will fit perfectly in my veg closet. ;) I just hope the dome height will be ok.

gel.JPG

dome1.JPG

I think I'll gather some clones next week. Anything specific I should do before? Urdedpal mentions to give them plain water a couple days before. I'll do that, anything else?

They are some gorgeous girls. The bud color is amazing for this length of flowering.

Q: How much did the Clone It run you?

Also, quick funny story. This afternoon at the hydro shop, I walk in, look around, head to the nute section but I don't see my usual sales associate! The girl there asked if I needed help and I was like sure, but is ***** there? She said, no, you need some info on growing? I said yeah and she said the best thing in that case was for me to talk to him, so she called the dude and passed me the phone. How wicked is that, props for customer service..!

Back
Top Bottom