Mota's First Indoor Grow - White Widow, Northen Lights & Big Blue

The colour of your plants is telling me you have the ferts bang on! Nice job.

Thank you Moose..!

Yeah, the color is very interesting. I only get to see how really pretty she is when I take pictures with the flash. Under the hps it's quite hard to see her true colors.

They are some gorgeous girls. The bud color is amazing for this length of flowering.

Q: How much did the Clone It run you?

Sadly, I only have one girl at this time.. Clones on their way from the other 3 in veg!

Hmm.. Pretty sure it was 14.95$ (canadian)

Very cool. Thanks Mota +rep. One of my favorite qualities is the exotic look of many buds and plants. Color to me is as important as density. I love exotic strains and bizzare mixtures. Lovin' the grow.

Moose (or anyone else) I've been meaning to ask. By the looks of this female, is this what we call an indica? She's 35" tall. But she had many branchs, I have a feeling that she might be a indica/sativa mix? What do you think?
If I compare it to the strains it's suppose to be.. It can't be Big Blue (short stocky plant) or NL (short bushy plant) and it's not looking like a WW, no signs of deep white crystal covering the leafs yet. I have no clue what strain she is..! :laughtwo:

I've seen alot of widow and lights but not the big blue. the coloring of the early buds would lead me to think the blue, regardless of height or lankyness.

It's official. I am in love with this 36" tall, beautiful shade of green, musky and earthy smelling plant. She's looking better everyday.

In other news. 2 of the 3 plants in veg are females. The signs were manifested by pre flowering in 18/6. I'm so happy..!

How long does it take for a clone to go from a cut branch (lol) to a nicely grown ready to flower plant, say 10-12".. I don't plan on flowering the clones until January, so I don't want to take clippings to early. Further more, I don't have much room for a dozen clones to grow until Dec 10-ish when my fine lady will be cropped. I think that if I take the clippings in late November they should be ready in 5 weeks right? How long will it take the clone to get a good rooting system going, etc.

Moose (or anyone else) I've been meaning to ask. By the looks of this female, is this what we call an indica? She's 35" tall. But she had many branchs, I have a feeling that she might be a indica/sativa mix? What do you think?
If I compare it to the strains it's suppose to be.. It can't be Big Blue (short stocky plant) or NL (short bushy plant) and it's not looking like a WW, no signs of deep white crystal covering the leafs yet. I have no clue what strain she is..! :laughtwo:

Most strains are a mix of Sativa and Indica, although some strains are 100% of either as well. Also, different phenotypes will account for different characteristics from plant to plant even if they are the same strain. This plant looks more Sativa to me then anything else. The long skinny fan leaves and taller stature says Sativa to me.

In the newest edition of the canabible JK enplanes there are 4 different species of Cannabis.
1. Cannabis sativa: over 3 meters tall
2. cannabis indica: one and a half to 3 meters tall
3. Cannabis afghanica: under one and a half meters tall
4. Cannabis ruderalis: half a meter tall and autoflowering

Indicas are generallly confused with Afghanicas, indicas orriginated from India while Afghanicas are from Afghanistan. The region in between India and Afghanistan is the Hindu Kush mountain range and the Kushes that most people grow are most likely a hybrid of indicas and afghanicas. True indicas often can be found hiding within Kush genetics, they stretch and they have thin leaves, thin stems, small nuggets, and that brilliant kush flavor. The afghanica-dominant plants are very small and have fat leaves, fat stems, and fat, greasy nuggets. All this information is takenf from Hemp Diseases and Pests By McPartland, Clark, and Watson.

I always gave 4 weeks veg time when I was doing a perpetual grow in the bloombox. 2 weeks for rooting then 2 weeks for growth. They were about 8 inches, so 5 to 6 weeks should get them the proper height.

Thank you!

In the newest edition of the canabible JK enplanes there are 4 different species of Cannabis.
1. Cannabis sativa: over 3 meters tall
2. cannabis indica: one and a half to 3 meters tall
3. Cannabis afghanica: under one and a half meters tall
4. Cannabis ruderalis: half a meter tall and autoflowering

Indicas are generallly confused with Afghanicas, indicas orriginated from India while Afghanicas are from Afghanistan. The region in between India and Afghanistan is the Hindu Kush mountain range and the Kushes that most people grow are most likely a hybrid of indicas and afghanicas. True indicas often can be found hiding within Kush genetics, they stretch and they have thin leaves, thin stems, small nuggets, and that brilliant kush flavor. The afghanica-dominant plants are very small and have fat leaves, fat stems, and fat, greasy nuggets. All this information is takenf from Hemp Diseases and Pests By McPartland, Clark, and Watson.

Wow, great info, thank you Brett!

Most strains are a mix of Sativa and Indica, although some strains are 100% of either as well. Also, different phenotypes will account for different characteristics from plant to plant even if they are the same strain. This plant looks more Sativa to me then anything else. The long skinny fan leaves and taller stature says Sativa to me.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking more and more.. The ironic thing is that the seeds I bought were all suppose to be indica strains. I did not want to get stuck with a tall bitch. Oh well. Quote of the night "Shit happens"..!

Mota,

Big rep for this grow dude! Looks great. I am at week 3 of flowering in my first grow (bagseed). But I just started 2 little Northern lights x Blueberry seedlings. So I am tracking along with your grow to hopefully gain some info on how this strain holds up. Even though you don't know which it is. Maybe we can at least identify your big blue by comparing old pics of yours to my babies. I just put some sea tea on order thanks to your recommendations, and Moose of course!

Great job again!!

Yeah, that's what I am thinking more and more.. The ironic thing is that the seeds I bought were all suppose to be indica strains. I did not want to get stuck with a tall bitch. Oh well. Quote of the night "Shit happens"..!

Could be a more Sativa phenotype of an Indica dom. strain. Hows that for confusing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I wanna see some new pics if they are starting to smell!!
Oh! The plants in veg have been reeking up the place for the past 2-3 weeks..! The flowering plant is better, she doesn't seem to stink up much.. She has more of a earthy smell, kinda nice. I'm guessing the bigger space and air flow helps in the flowering room ;)

Pics were taken this morning, I'm waiting for them to get approved..!

Mota,
Big rep for this grow dude! Looks great. I am at week 3 of flowering in my first grow (bagseed). But I just started 2 little Northern lights x Blueberry seedlings. So I am tracking along with your grow to hopefully gain some info on how this strain holds up. Even though you don't know which it is. Maybe we can at least identify your big blue by comparing old pics of yours to my babies. I just put some sea tea on order thanks to your recommendations, and Moose of course!

Great job again!!
Thank you brothergrimm!

You are just a week behind me, sounds like a bunch of us will be enjoying the holiDAZE..!:laughtwo:

Yes! SeaTea, it's the new hype, if you don't have some, get some..! :laughtwo:

Could be a more Sativa phenotype of an Indica dom. strain. Hows that for confusing. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:laughtwo: Gee thanks
But it's not all too confusing to be honest since Moose grew a WW sativa pheno ;) But, I understand what you are saying.. What are the chances of that happening right, Moose seemed to say it was a rare thing..

You know what, the more I look at her, the more I think she's a WW. But on the other hand, out of the 3 plants I have in veg, 2 smell sweet and berry like, it's a very nice distinguished odor. I asked a friend that was over to smell them and to tell me what it reminded him of and he said berries. So it's not just me wishing it's BB, it might actually be..! :cheesygrinsmiley: But I won't know for a while because I'll be taking clones of them very soon..

Mota,

Do you have an early pic of the plants that smell like berry? Maybe one week old or so. They aren't the ones being held by the forks in the beginning of your journal are they? I can't remember which ones turned out to be males. Mine look very similar to two of your photos. The seedlings I have don't have very distinct vein imprints on the outermost half of the leaves. The veins are very distinct at the base but the leaf just looks flat at the tip. I hope this isn't pointless, I know it may not be possible to compare even the same strains for identification purposes.
Also, have you started supercropping yet? I am planning on doing this for sure. I just don't recall reading many specifics. How far into veg? How far up do you start? Above first node? Every node? Do you work from top down or bottom up? Anybody have a good link to detailed info?

Lookin' great bro!!

Merry Xmas to us all

Mota,

Do you have an early pic of the plants that smell like berry? Maybe one week old or so. They aren't the ones being held by the forks in the beginning of your journal are they? I can't remember which ones turned out to be males. Mine look very similar to two of your photos. The seedlings I have don't have very distinct vein imprints on the outermost half of the leaves. The veins are very distinct at the base but the leaf just looks flat at the tip. I hope this isn't pointless, I know it may not be possible to compare even the same strains for identification purposes.
Also, have you started supercropping yet? I am planning on doing this for sure. I just don't recall reading many specifics. How far into veg? How far up do you start? Above first node? Every node? Do you work from top down or bottom up? Anybody have a good link to detailed info?

Lookin' great bro!!

Merry Xmas to us all

I have many pictures, I haven't uploaded all of them to the Gallery. I'll see if I can track one down of the current veg plants for you ;)

I'm thinking it's possible to compare the plants, but it might be a hard task..

No, I haven't super cropped yet. I think you should talk to Moose or Urdedpal about that because I am not familiar with it.

Thanks bro. If it's easier I can PM you a pic of one of my seedlings to compare. Or , I guess I could post one, I haven't posted a pic yet though. I'll get some good identifying pics tonight and post one up. Later

Here you go

Veg batch on day 12
day12a1.JPG

Veg batch on day 13 right after transplant
day131.JPG

Veg batch on day 19
day192.JPG

Day 46 - Sorry for the floo shot, I guessed I moved..
vegday46.JPG

Flowering Day 30
flday30_70.JPG

Check out the crystals..!
flday30b.JPG

Top cola
flday30_70b.JPG

This is a lower branch, great potencial!
flday30c.JPG

Great shot - I dig the frosty look
flday30i.JPG

An other great shot - the colors and crystals really show up nicely
flday30h.JPG

Here is a quick recap, the veg plants are on day 46. They are getting 3ml of Terra Vega and 1ml of Rhizo per liter.

This is day 30 of 12/12 for the flowering lady. Today marks the start of week 4. She's getting 5ml of Terra Flores, 0.5ml of Rhizo, 2.5ml of Canna, 1.5ml of PK 13/14 and 3ml of Liquid Bud per liter. And she's getting 2.5ml/L of seaweed foliar feed every 5 days.

That's about it for now, stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom