Moving from recreational personal to micro-commercial in Michigan?

I give away a lot of what I grow, mostly as RSO for a few older patients in the palliative stages of care for various terminal ailments. Word is sort of spreading I do this and yeah. I only get 12 plants I can grow legally at a time and I'd like to stay legal. I'm also getting a little grumpy about a new wave of people looking for freebies and not offering at most a day of trimming in return. I've never bought weed (collective gasp) so I really don't know what it costs.

Well I'VE JUST GOOGLED LOCAL PRICES

I'd uh...like to go legal now plz to sell :D

Really what I'm looking for with this post is anyone in Michigan that's gone through the three? permits we need to get our 100-plant micro grow op license. It looks like all told I need $10k to be able to grow and sell to local dispensaries?

But a liquor license is only $1500-3000? This is stupid, right? That blows my f*cking mind and I think I might be totally not understanding which permits and licenses I want. I can do science and data and nerd out all day on plants....show me a paragraph of legalese and my brain shuts down.

Any help is appreciated <3

The reason those prices are so high is because the cost to do business is so high. I suggest you look into the regulatory requirements you need to follow until death do you part and add astronomical cost to operate to your business model. Market is getting flooded also, weed wars between dispensaries where I am. Black market is flooded also, we're still working through last summer. My research is limited and much information is hearsay, but I'd say multiply your startup cost by 4x easily.

The reason those prices are so high is because the cost to do business is so high. I suggest you look into the regulatory requirements you need to follow until death do you part and add astronomical cost to operate to your business model. Market is getting flooded also, weed wars between dispensaries where I am. Black market is flooded also, we're still working through last summer. My research is limited and much information is hearsay, but I'd say multiply your startup cost by 4x easily.
Ok, so can you point me in the right direction? I'm looking for hard information.

Nope. Government is not my bag. I got a migrane in about 20 minutes when I started researching. You pretty much need a weed lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom