Mr Teddy Grows Indoors & Out In 2015

:ciao:No, I'm not dead. Not even resting. Quite the opposite.

For the last 10 days I've been racing against rot and pinching out 'pillars, harvesting and washing for 2-3 hours a day. Full photographic story will be posted soon. All the big Californian strains are down with the exception of AU Confidential, which is today's job. The filthy, wet, endless September has meant that I've lost maybe a quarter of these dense-budded girls to that depressing, grey-black mold, but I'm delighted with what I have hanging. That'll leave the Afghani in the veg plot - about half size now because of rot - and the big Desfran sativa in the border; I've already cut about a wet pound off her because of rot, but there's plenty more there to enjoy. Every available cupboard and shed space has lines of hanging buds. I'm buying more jars every day. The freezer is full of trim. Butter is bubbling on the stove. Oh, Lordy, it's busy.

This was a typical day's bug search a week or so ago:
DSC_064110.JPG
DSC_06435.JPG
DSC_06448.JPG
DSC_06455.JPG
DSC_06466.JPG

DSC_06487.JPG

DSC_06497.JPG
DSC_06503.JPG

Full harvest report coming soon...
:circle-of-love: Pip Pip! Mr Teddy x

Thank you for including those heart-wrenching pictures of the dastardly 'pillars. Those were some of the best yet and will do much to assist others in their search. Reps for that Mr. Teddy.

Congratulations on so much harvest that the glamorous Mrs. Teddy has likely been slaving over the hot stove busily making butter as fast as she can. What a glorious vision. :bravo:

Om nom nom chompa chompa chompa :yummy:

Whut's good fer dem liddle critters is good fer U2 :goof:
Who are you and what have you done with OMeWan? He is usually so eloquent in Latin. I shall instigate a Moderators' Investigation immediately. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Of course you were not dead! :thumb:

All that rain and cloud took its pound of flesh, but sounds like you still have plenty to be pleased about :party: I'm sure you are enjoying the cannabis harvest party at Casa Edwards.

Enjoy :high-five:
:thanks: Bapple. ;)
Teddy losing 25% of his harvest is akin to Warren Buffet losing 25% of his fortune... I will not shed a tear for Mr. Teddy.
O, PeeJay. You're all heart. :circle-of-love:

Thank you for including those heart-wrenching pictures of the dastardly 'pillars. Those were some of the best yet and will do much to assist others in their search. Reps for that Mr. Teddy.

Congratulations on so much harvest that the glamorous Mrs. Teddy has likely been slaving over the hot stove busily making butter as fast as she can. What a glorious vision. :bravo:
:thanks: SS. Unfortunately, Mrs Teddy came off her scooter on the wet road on Saturday. Now she rests with a plastered fractured collar-bone whilst I administer relaxation medication. I may end up losing more bud to her than to rot. :laughtwo:

After a couple of days of warmish sunshine (even got what's probably The Last Swim of the Year yesterday), the rains have returned. Last night's storm was absolutely spectacular. The light show was almost as good as Pink Floyd's at Wembley, 1972.

I dug up the big Afghani in the veg plot yesterday - fabulous roots and some pretty purple buds, one or two even free of mould. Going to try and get all the rest down today. This rain is forecast for another week, so I don't think they'll be maturing much more. Off to buy some more lemons and baking soda...

Pip Pip! :love: Mr Teddy

I'm so sorry to hear that. Comfrey root compresses as soon as the skin is not broken. They call it knitbone because that's exactly what it does. There is no comparable substitute.

The gentlest of hugs to the injured Mrs. Teddy. :hug: More gentle than that now!

Who are you and what have you done with OMeWan? He is usually so eloquent in Latin. I shall instigate a Moderators' Investigation immediately. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Et quid vos videtis illuc amicus Sancho tricena aut quadragena erucae esurienti? Et facere bellum cum interficeret.

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote (sort of :) )

SS. Unfortunately, Mrs Teddy came off her scooter on the wet road on Saturday. Now she rests with a plastered fractured collar-bone whilst I administer relaxation medication. I may end up losing more bud to her than to rot. :laughtwo:

Umm, wasn't loosing bud to her part of the reason for embarking on this adventure in the first place? :hmmmm: :biglaugh: :love:
I'm sure she will heal fabulously under your caring ministrations, give her my best wishes :circle-of-love:

I have been remiss. In this maelstrom of rain and cutting and trimming and washing and hanging and jarring and smoking and smoking, I did not welcome HealthyToker to the journal.
:welcome: HealthyToker.
Nor did I offer my English amigo, Mr jaga, a nice cup of tea. Or at least :passitleft:
:ciao: jaga:circle-of-love:

There are 420 other things I should be doing right now, but I had to share these snaps. Aurora Ultra Confidential, the last of my Cali beasts, this evening. The low sun briefly broke through the cloud shrouding the mountain, and she put on her best and last Autumn show.

Earth hath not anything to show more fair:
DSC_07329.JPG

Dull would he be of soul who could pass by
DSC_073414.JPG

A sight so touching in its majesty:
DSC_073515.JPG

Back to work...:love: Mr Teddy x

If Rico weren't in the universe you'd surely be my favorite diety Mr. Teddy. Thank you so much for caring enough about us to share. They were spectacular shots. Such a blessed man. You have a wonderful day. :circle-of-love:

:thanks: Everyone.
There are two kinds of Bikers, ones that have been down, and ones that are going down.
And our doctor back in London called them "Donors".

AUC chopped, washed and hung. 18 wet ozs, lost about 7 to rot and caterpillars. Looks beautiful. A superb plant. Full harvest photo round-up over the weekend. ;)

Take care, Playmates. :circle-of-love:

Thats a wonderful result Mr Teddy :goodjob:
I have been seeing a fair few folks on 420 being hit by bud rot:smokin:and keep thinking of my old friend would find ways to turn it into like hash :smokin: the rot he would say didnt harm the Oils and when it was all dried up he would eat or even smoke it:cheesygrinsmiley:I honestly dont know how safe it is to use but I do remember a video some one had taken of me after eating some :rofl::rofl:I was speaking a different language for 3 days :rofl:Ms P kept accusing me of having some thing a lil harder but it was a lot of Hash:high-five:
Happy days Mr T give him a pat from us and a hug to you and yours :bravo::bravo::bravo::circle-of-love::love::420::love::circle-of-love:

:cheer: Jaga. (You seem to have acquired a capital letter. :bravo: Did I miss a meeting?)

By mistake, I smoked a little Afghani with rot that I'd missed, yesterday. Disgusting. Made me feel quite Tom 'n' Dick.
I was speaking a different language for 3 days
I could barely speak English afterwards. And not in a good way.

There will now be a short pause whilst I upload my harvest round-up snaps. :surf:

And Summer's Lease Hath All Too Short A Date

Over the last two weeks all but two plants have been harvested. The weather, punctual as ever, turned from a filthy, torrentially wet September to a damp and cold October with sunny moments. Dodging the rain, I have harvested one or two plants every day. Vasso, the local chemist, wanted to know what I wanted all the Hydrogen Peroxide for after the sixth tiny bottle. I said that I enjoyed a clean toothbrush. Fortunately there are no questions when you buy lemons and baking powder. They respect a man who makes a lemon sponge here.

I snapped the end of some of my favourites. Here we go...

There was quite a lot of this:
DSC_06567.JPG
DSC_06579.JPG

Gardener's Note: Although it's almost impossible to spot without pulling the buds open (unless it's well set-in), bud rot can be seen by its external effect. A wilted, brown fan leaf protruding from what otherwise looks like a dense and healthy cola is a (pun intended) dead give-away. Steal yourself for bad news and get those shears and plastic bag.

Guess what? I couldn't of course resist some final photos of my lovely Grape Ape.
DSC_06586.JPG
DSC_06595.JPG

The result:
DSC_06886.JPG

DSC_06863.JPG

(That's Lady Teddy's hand. Don't want you to think I wear pale pink nail varnish. Not when I'm trimming.)

35oz wet, lost around 9ozs.

Sour Diesel #1:
DSC_06609.JPG
DSC_06614.JPG

Watch for the rot:
DSC_06624.JPG

22oz wet. Lost about 5.

Sour Diesel #2
DSC_06656.JPG
DSC_06647.JPG

Washing a few buds:
DSC_06667.JPG
DSC_06679.JPG

15ozs wet. Lost 6.

Aurora Ultra:
DSC_06757.JPG
DSC_067610.JPG
DSC_06779.JPG
DSC_06788.JPG
DSC_06806.JPG

21ozs. Usual acceptable losses.

The biggest of the 3 KC45s. Super plant. Like the GA, she responded really well to training. Already a favourite smoke. Thanks to Lester for growing and recommending last year.
DSC_06825.JPG

It's just not going to fit:
DSC_06834.JPG
DSC_06846.JPG

28ozs. Lost just a tiny bit to rot, perhaps because of her smaller buds - but they were numerous. :cheesygrinsmiley:

One of the Afghanis, cloaked in Papal purple:
DSC_06897.JPG
DSC_06909.JPG
DSC_069110.JPG

3ozs. Next year, fewer plants and more training. Or maybe more plants and much, much more training.

And, this must be one of the SAGES:
DSC_06968.JPG
DSC_069710.JPG
DSC_06987.JPG

The Afghani from the Veg Plot. Nice roots. Ravaged by rot. Got 5ozs, lost 12.
DSC_07055.JPG
DSC_07065.JPG
DSC_07087.JPG
DSC_07094.JPG

Another day, another girl. It was frankly with some relief that I cut the 12ft Desfran from the back bed. Too tall and smelly for comfort, even in the middle of green no-where, and even though she is well guarded:
DSC_07289.JPG

She gave up 27ozs. Can't begin to say how much I threw away, including the whole of the top. But she scrubs up nicely:
DSC_072911.JPG
DSC_07306.JPG
DSC_07319.JPG
DSC_073712.JPG
DSC_07385.JPG

DSC_07406.JPG

It's everywhere.
DSC_07008.JPG
DSC_07017.JPG
DSC_07025.JPG
DSC_07437.JPG
DSC_07457.JPG
DSC_07468.JPG

Apres le deluge. Encore.
DSC_07489.JPG

Still hanging on, the Desfran, potted in the pergola, and the re-vegged MasterKush.
DSC_074710.JPG
DSC_07497.JPG

It's been a trip. I adore growing outside. I'd go as far to say that, for me, when I grow indoors it's a means to an end. When I grow outdoors, it's an end in itself. I shall post my notes on what I've learnt this year. That's enough for now. ;)

I hope you're all good, Playmates. Peace be with you.

Pip Pip! :love: Mr Teddy x

Back
Top Bottom