Multiple stalks?

xcaret

420 Member
My Durban poison clone has 3 stalks . I don't know how it happened , but thinking maybe It will increase the yield . Does anyone know what may cause this ? I may want to experiment on another seedling ,but don't know how it came to be .

IMGP2432.JPG

My Durban poison clone has 3 stalks . I don't know how it happened , but thinking maybe It will increase the yield . Does anyone know what may cause this ? I may want to experiment on another seedling ,but don't know how it came to be .

it self topped.
happens from time to time. they get damaged just the right way. you can top the main branch too if you like and let the smaller two catch up.

I had a plant that got topped by an unknown insect when it was about a week old, it grew like your one but with two stalks.

I grew it outdoors and it got to about 6 foot, needed major support though because it was weak at the base due to the early topping, the high winds and heavy buds broke it at the base anyway despite my best efforts to support it, got it across the finish line though.....just.

IMGP2432.JPG
so cool but very interesting

Just reading more about clones . ( I'm a beginner ) I see clones should be taken in the veg state of the mother plant . I'm going to take a few clones from my 5 stalk plant . It itself is a clone from my Durban Poison plant. If they do good I'll try topping a couple of babys to see if I can get multiple stalks .
This is pretty cool , unlike my tomato plants that I look in on once a week , I'm looking at these 8 times a day Lol.

Just reading more about clones . ( I'm a beginner ) I see clones should be taken in the veg state of the mother plant . I'm going to take a few clones from my 5 stalk plant . It itself is a clone from my Durban Poison plant. If they do good I'll try topping a couple to see if I can get multiple stalks .
This is pretty cool , unlijke my tomato plants that I look in ion once a week , I'm looking at these 8 times a day Lol.

best time to take them is just before flip, or two wks after just as they begin to stretch and show.
it's common among growers do a defol at 2 wks after flip to clean them up for flower, and take clones at that time. the timing works well if you run a perpetual in 2 spaces.

edit : in the meantime, you should train a couple branches out from the stalk you topped.

If you top the new tops, you get another two. You can keep going until the nodes alternate and at that point I've not had luck topping. Fimming can work at that point.
I would just pull all the branches flat for a few weeks and you will get many tops.
Each node will become a new top and produce a top bud.
Should produce plenty tips.
Please post some pics in a few weeks so we can see what you decided to do and the results.
Have a great day

Back
Top Bottom