My 1st Indoor Grow Using Mars 300 LED

tds is also EC [electrical connectivity] it what measures the PPM [parts per million] of your nutes. I also remember telling you to get a soil pH meter...soil pH meter and water pH meter are different. one goes in dirt the other you use in water [like your strips]. ppm/tds/EC will help you feed your plant so you don't over/under feed...you making sure you're leaving your tap out for at least 24 to 48 hours before use? I always let it sit that long for 1 [the most important] evaporate the chlorine. 2 to help pH get stable. I add pH up or down shake the bottle once and leave the top off for at least a day

Yeah, if I use tap water I let it sit in a bottle with loud off and with spring water. I didn't realise there where different ones, I just took it as any digital would do. I'll have to check. And the ph up n down was next on my list with a bag of pearlite

looking good. your light might be a bit too close to your plants. follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

It's around 34", I hired it last week to try get a bit of a stretch going, but still looking pretty compact, maybe try upto the 36"?

I think that's enough distance. my plants were looking a little sad under my led grow light but they perked up after I foliar fed them. if you decide to foliar feed use a very mild mix. to see what I mean check out my grow journal: LED Closet Case Grow

also make sure you're letting your soil dry out before watering or feeding. an easy way to be sure of this is to pick up your container every day and water or feed when it feels light.

IMAG068317.jpg
IMAG068612.jpg
IMAG068415.jpg
IMAG068813.jpg
IMAG069013.jpg
IMAG069212.jpg
IMAG06949.jpg
Sorry about the lights all the time, I'll get round to taking some in real light soon :smokin:

Ive not started them on nutes yet, probably start on 1ml per ltr, recommended is 2 then up to 5ml. Ive had them on 24/7, just until I get a timer. I was thinking of when its time to flip gradually bringing it down 2 hours every day possibly 2 until the 12/12

First day fed on nutes with the cheese/haze, decided not to with the amnesia. I got some perlite earlier so just gonna re pot it later tonight, I'm gonna flush the compo first, but do I water it with nutes once potted or will the compo be enough?

and if you're going to up pot, water only once you have up potted. you don't need nutes. she'll be under stress from transplant so play it easy for a week to 2 after [depends on how quick she rebounds] I also ran my lights 24/7 for the first few weeks of my grow when I started out with CFLs. All I can say about 24/7 is you need sleep too eventually, and so do your plants. they love being able to sleep sometimes too. when I turned my lights to 20/4 I seemed to wake up and see better growth just from the 4 hours of dark. I've ran 18/6 ever since and it's slightly nicer on the power bill too! :thumb:

So would it be ok to just jump fr 24 too 18 or do it gradual? Thanks for the tip with the sativa's, tends to be more my thing, but I am gonna find a nice indica to grow, for the evening to help sleep

And would you recommend trimming the plant? It seems a bit compact at the min and with it having 3 sets of leaves each has 3 sets of shoots and not getting much light that I can see or maybe a lil bit of bending to open her up a lil(hope its female lol)?

>> probably start on 1ml per ltr

i would double and triple check those amounts...

i know that some nutes advise 1ml per GALLON of water.
i have no idea why they cross imperial and metric like that,
but i can tell you on my box of GH, it's 1ml to a gallon.

and since a gallon is almost 4 litres, that could be seriously bad news for your plants.

i am sure you are ok, but i wanted to give a little heads up, just in case!!

I'd do like prolly 3 4 days of 20 then take another 2 or 3 to get down to 18. really it shouldn't hurt much of anything being they are in veg...all you need to do is keep nights short for the plant to remain in veg. so light leaks on a pheno in veg doesn't really matter, [autos are another story] but if they can be avoided then do so obviously lol. That's why you can get away with a 3 part schedule in veg [12/7/16 or something (completely made up)] as long as the nights are short. but if you have a regular timer [non digital] 18/6 or 17/7 is the nicest on the wallet for power.

I re potted both of them in the end. Let them have a sleep woke them up to find the oldest has split into 2 on top and still has the 3 leaves/shoots on each, so that's answered my own question on whether or not to top them lol. I've also changed over to the znet 6, it's a lot redder in color, but the light seems stronger so upto now I'm happy. Hope all's good on 420 today. The sun's been out here all day, bin loving it :allgood:
IMAG077312.jpg
IMAG077411.jpg
IMAG077510.jpg

Back
Top Bottom