My 1st Indoor Grow Using Mars 300 LED

Then again, not really sure what's going on with it .It got very compact on top almost bud looking territory(I thought anyway) . And now I give them a reading time it's opened out into 2 maybe 3 main shoots coming out the top, it's hard to tell

Hey got the same led. Check my journal. Got a bruce banner in there u can compare to. Ill get a good pic for u later. Leds have grown exceptionally tight dense vegitive plants for me....its noticably more compact when compaired to mh, t5, and cfl, which i have all employed at times.

I see what you mean. I made a mistake by only putting one of the panels on the the other day for 4 hours then upto the the 2 after that and the Anne yesterday and dunno if it's just me but they seem to love it, so might just do that for a week see how it goes, I know it's less light and more light is better but hey if it works. This is the fourth day of 20/4 might bring it down to 18 tomorrow

I see what you mean. I made a mistake by only putting one of the panels on the the other day for 4 hours then upto the the 2 after that and the Anne yesterday and dunno if it's just me but they seem to love it, so might just do that for a week see how it goes, I know it's less light and more light is better but hey if it works. This is the fourth day of 20/4 might bring it down to 18 tomorrow. When do you usually put them into flower or at what hight? Thanks

Im thinking of trying the gas lamp affect out see how good it is. Dont know whether to do it on this grow or my next...

IMAG079914.jpg
IMAG08036.jpg
IMAG084311.jpg
IMAG084410.jpg

I ended up topping one of the top 2 shoots because it had taken over as the main shoot but now the other is just taking over. Should I top that too, or would that be too much stress? Thanks

I super cropped a few branches off the biggun last night and took well, so went to do the rest today and i think the reason it had 3 sets of leaves is it was that its a Siamese twin, the main stem looks normal until side view and the stem looks like 2 welded together lol, hence it topping itself I think, anyways i I super cropped the main stem and the 2 came apart, so Ive taped it up and hope for the best. Probably being a bit too eager for my first grow :/. Pictures will follow...

Although the main stem broke apart when super cropping, I had to tie it down today, it just bounced right back up over night. Just a lil question, Ive read for and against pruning leaves, but with my amnesia the leaves are huge now, bigger than my hands and I aint got small hands lol. So question is, what your thoughts on trimming them, or just leave them to do they're job and hope the shoots get there light in later on? Thanks Weaviem

trimming lower/smaller or leaves that are blocking bud sites, will help get a more quality yield. if you want quantity the popcorn grown on the lower branches will be exactly that, popcorn. by trimming all those small areas, that will turn the energy to the tops and more important areas giving you bigger more quality bud :thumb: :passitleft:

note: you don't want to go too crazy.. the leaves do help produce/use energy for the plant, but thicker more dense buds sounds better to me than fluffy/airy popcorn buds. I would say do 1 major defol or 2 smaller ones before going flower. you don't wanna defol too late into flower cause you'd harm yield more than help...that's what the plants use durring your flushes/dry cycles to feed themselves, so you don't want them eating up the leaves for bud sites cause the buds [flowers] will need that energy

Thanks for comments and thanks Frenchy, I totally agree. Quality wins every time . I will have a go at lolly popping. When would you recommend I do this?

Back
Top Bottom