My Big Girls - Outdoor 2015 - Central WA - Blue Hash & Power Kush

Almost 2 weeks after starting, I am still not done trimming. My personal life does not allow much time for harvesting, so I have only been able to work on it for a couple hours a day. I am getting my buds bone dry before jarring them because I will probably end up with around 80 jars, and I don't have time to burp them every day. I know that this will affect the smoke a bit, but I really don't have any better options at the moment. Thinking about investing in a vacuum sealed of some sort. The uncured bud is very potent and already tastes pretty good, although the flavor is not as full as the well cured stuff you get at the store. Pics coming.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Late Update:

I did not get a total dry weight because the buds are all jarred up and I really don't have the time to weigh it all. Somewhere between 4 and 5 lbs dry is what I estimated based on the number of jars! The hardest part of the grow turned out to be the harvesting/trimming/drying/curing process. I am glad I began harvesting on the early side because the whole process (minus the cure) took over a month.

I ended up with a mixed bag quality-wise because of the staggered nature of the harvest. Some buds were taken a bit early, while some were taken at the end of the harvest window; some buds were dried a bit more than others before being jarred; some jars got burped more often. The best of it is comparable to what you will find at the Dispensaries. I haven't had it tested yet, but I would estimate the THC of both strains to be around 15%.

So there it is. 6 months of near-perfect weather, a good nute schedule and some patience can go a long way. My goal is to get a producer/processor license. With the new MMJ laws in WA, all dispensaries statewide will be required to operate under I-502 licenses.

Back
Top Bottom