My first DWC bucket grow

My last grow I used Botanicare.and I had good results. Additives of Liquid Karma and Sweet. But I have also Used Florabloom and karma and sweet. Always also a silicate.. I have heard especially here that Fox farms are good. I hope to go Dutchmaster with my next grow or Tecniflora recipe for success since I have a box special from "hydro for hunger" special and will give those a try maybe first. FF will be there down the line most likely since I am trying many new things to see what works best for me and my grows.
I have not been disappointed with any of the above I have used yet!

My last grow I used Botanicare.and I had good results. Additives of Liquid Karma and Sweet. But I have also Used Florabloom and karma and sweet. Always also a silicate.. I have heard especially here that Fox farms are good. I hope to go Dutchmaster with my next grow or Tecniflora recipe for success since I have a box special from "hydro for hunger" special and will give those a try maybe first. FF will be there down the line most likely since I am trying many new things to see what works best for me and my grows.
I have not been disappointed with any of the above I have used yet!

I have heard good things about Botanicare and Florabloom too. When are you planning your next project ?

Oh...this afternoon, I was alarmed to see a cop car sitting in my driveway with the lights flashing ! I almost shit right there. But they were here about some bullshit with my sister in law. My nerves are not quite the same.

Let me know more about that "hydro for hunger" deal.

Later...peace...:peace:

if you go with nothing else LSL, cha ching is the only additive that i waould say you would regret not using.

makes the thc laden trichomes pop everywhere. noticeable difference for sure.

other than that, stay strong and stay safe bro. i wouldn't grow if i was living with someone who draws drama around, but if it was an isolated incident, i'd just shake it off.

stay safe bro.

if you go with nothing else LSL, cha ching is the only additive that i waould say you would regret not using.

makes the thc laden trichomes pop everywhere. noticeable difference for sure.

other than that, stay strong and stay safe bro. i wouldn't grow if i was living with someone who draws drama around, but if it was an isolated incident, i'd just shake it off.

stay safe bro.

Sound advice to say the least ! I am planning on moving back to the west coast anyway...can't take the drama. A single "isolated incident" was enough to shorten my life-span by a couple of years. Damn that !

And where can I find "LSL" ? Check this site out and let me know your opinion. It's called "Rick's Monster Grow" and it's some sort of nute . Here's the link...Rick's Monster Grow Mycorrhizal Plant Mix

Stay safe...and have a great week. :peace:

I am using AN nutes, they have a similar product called piranha.

The word "mycorrhizae" literally means "fungus-roots" and defines the close mutually beneficial relationship between specialized soil fungi (mycorrhizal fungi) and plant roots. About 95% of the world’s land plants form the mycorrhizal relationship in their native habitats

in a healthy root zone there are beneficial mycorrhizal fungi that envelope roots, bind with them, increase their ability to absorb nutrients, and fight off disease. If beneficial mycorrhizal fungi are absent from your root zone harmful fungi, bacteria, nematodes, root rot, Fusarium, and other nasty stuff that hurt your plants and yield can get a foothold. Then they strangle your roots and interfere with nutrient absorption.

your water wont have these bene's if you don't add them.

its a good idea to add them early in flower. first week or two, then they will survive in the root zone from nute change to nute change for the rest of the time.

60 bucks is kinda sttep, for that much i'd buy piranha.

I am using AN nutes, they have a similar product called piranha.

The word "mycorrhizae" literally means "fungus-roots" and defines the close mutually beneficial relationship between specialized soil fungi (mycorrhizal fungi) and plant roots. About 95% of the world's land plants form the mycorrhizal relationship in their native habitats

in a healthy root zone there are beneficial mycorrhizal fungi that envelope roots, bind with them, increase their ability to absorb nutrients, and fight off disease. If beneficial mycorrhizal fungi are absent from your root zone harmful fungi, bacteria, nematodes, root rot, Fusarium, and other nasty stuff that hurt your plants and yield can get a foothold. Then they strangle your roots and interfere with nutrient absorption.

your water wont have these bene's if you don't add them.

its a good idea to add them early in flower. first week or two, then they will survive in the root zone from nute change to nute change for the rest of the time.

60 bucks is kinda sttep, for that much i'd buy piranha.

Oops...didn't mean to show my ignorance. I will look into that "Piranaha". Thanks my friend...:peace:

thats what were here for right? to share and learn from each other!

when I first started growing a long time ago, i started out in dirt and didn't have anyone to teach me. back then the internet was still an infant, and the only good information i could find about marijuana was this huge book written by Ed Rosenthal and Mel Frank. it was a couple hundred pages long and was very old school. it was painful to read it, but it was all the info i could find.

today there is so much easy access to info on forums and magazines and books and youtube videos. . . i wish i had that when i started.

advanced nutrients is probably considered the best set of nutrients and bene's and additives on the market, but is also the most expensive.

i would suggest just going to their website and looking over all of the products they sell and seeing what they all do. that would pretty much cover anything you can feed or spray on your plants for any occasion. then even if you decide to go with something cheaper, you'll know what type of stuff to get.

as always, don't be afraid to ask dumb questions, there are none, and its a lot easier than figuring it out on your own.

good luck bro, hope you get a camera soon. (i got one at walmart for 30 bucks that worked well if you had good light and steady hands.)

WOW ! $30.00 at Walmart ? Now there's something along my price range limits. Gotta check that out.

At this moment, I am looking at the AN site and I am very impresssed with thier line of hydroponic products. But there's so much I don't underrstand, one part nutes...three part nutes...yada yada. To be honest, I am looking for something simple that I can measure and add...and watch it do what it was meant to.

I even went to the AN Nutrient Calculator and that REALLY messed my head up ! If I wasn't confused before, that did it. When I began this, I knew there was a lot I had to learn, but to be honest, I had no idea there was litterally SO MUCH to learn to be proficient at this. :thedoubletake:

I have always believed that anything can be over complicated. And by nature or perhaps thru years of Martial Art practice, I am a simple man and look for the simplistic ways...trying to weed out the over complicated BS that so often bombards us in everyday life.

Do I really need to know all the formulas to be successful ? I don't need to know that at a 45 degree angle 70 lbs of pressure will break a knee in order for it to be an effective technique...I only need to know how to perform it correctly and when to do so. Shouldn't the same apply to growing bud ?

Let me know what you think my friend...:peace:

ok, ill write it again, although the first one was really good.

i know what your saying about over complicated. you don't start out by teaching your students the dim mak right? first you have to learn how to stand and how to fall. so lets stat at the beginning.

to use a similar example, a knockout punch is less about how hard you hit, and more about accurately landing in the sweet spot or right on the button. the same goes for your weed.

shit i can't believe i lost that. lol. now im gonna post it in multiple replys so i wont lose it all.

nutes, im sure there are better guides out there, bu i'll give you a nice head start.

the first thing you'll want to feed your plants are the macro nutrients P-N-K. these are the main food source for your plant to build itself up. they come in 1 part, 2 part, 3 part, etc. multiple parts are used because if you keep them seperate, then the nutes wont react together untill you use them to feed and are less likely to seperate. as always shake well before use.

then there are micro nutes, also a necessary food source. this is like calcium, magnesium, zinc, etc. if you are using tap water, it will already contain some of these plus nasties like chlorine that will kill bene's and fluoride to harden your teeth. you might not need to add the micros if you use tap (let it sit open for a day to let the chlorine eveporate out) If you use distilled water or filtered water, you will def need to add these to your nutes or you will see deficiencies.

then you have proteins, vitamins and complex chain acids - like B vitamins and fulvic acid and humic acid. Just like when you were a kid your mom fed you good meals but she still had you take vitamins too. B vitamins help plants handle stress, heat, and recovery time. B vitamins help plants repair and reproduce DNA. It helps their cells use nutrients, produce energy, and replicate. It helps plants produce faster growth and larger flowers. amoungst other functions, the acids stimulate roots, making it easier for plants to absorb key elements, they also stimulate root branching, plant enzyme function, and plant immune systems.

i don't think these are as necessary for learning process. I use superthrive which is a b-complex. its cheap, so you might want to get a tiny bottle. you use almost none at a time.

then you have bene's which are beneficial bacteria and fungus like we talked about earlier.
you know what piranha does, but then there is beneficial bacteria that minimizes hydroponics nutrient leaching, aids in nutrient cycling and absorption, improves soil structure, dissolves minerals (including phosphorus) for better bioavailability, fights pathogens, stimulates root growth and produces natural growth hormones. if you are using dirt and manure, they probably already contain these good guys but you can't have too much. if you are using an inert medium like a soiless mix, you should add these guys early to get them living in there and helping out your plant. I use voodoo juice fore the first two weeks of flower.

then there are bloom boosters and enhancers. plants have a life cycle that’s pretty much determined by genetics and environmental conditions. once they are in bloom phase, they’re programmed to live a given number of weeks making flowers- then they inevitably start to decline. boosters usually have a mix of vitamins, hormones, acids and stuff that reinvigorates flowering and creates a renewed burst of resins, scents, terpenoids, size and other very desirable traits after the plant would normally want to stop making them. thats why i said if you only use one supplement, use cha ching, because it will make it taste better, smell better, and get frosty with trichs, and hence more powerful smoke.

one last thing, if you decide to use some bene's i would add some carbohydrates for them to eat and make into good stuff for your plant. the cheapest way (and still very good) is to just add molasses. just the stuff from the supermarket is good.

so now that you know basically what everything does- for my simple suggestion
if you want to go the easy route, do what i did and start with fox farms.

here is a link to the feeding schedule:
https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/hydrofeed.pdf

if i chose 3, i would use tiger bloom, big bloom, and cha ching.
then if you wanted to add bene's i'd add voodoo juice early in flower for one week, an enzyme like hygrozyme to protect the benes and some molasses for them to eat.

that would be a good basic start. if you start to see deficiencies you might want to add some micros.

everything is looking good for you so far though. so you must be doing something right!

good luck, i hope that helped a bit.

ok, ill write it again, although the first one was really good.

i know what your saying about over complicated. you don't start out by teaching your students the dim mak right? first you have to learn how to stand and how to fall. so lets stat at the beginning.

to use a similar example, a knockout punch is less about how hard you hit, and more about accurately landing in the sweet spot or right on the button. the same goes for your weed.

shit i can't believe i lost that. lol. now im gonna post it in multiple replys so i wont lose it all.

That's messed up dude...and I am laughing my ass off because I have done that same thing so many times. :laughtwo:

I agree with what you are saying, however I am not the most tech person to walk the planet. There's so much of what I read that somehow escapes me. I think of it as a plant that has grown wild in nature for hundreds of thousands of years with no help whatsoever. And then man, in his ever growing omnipotent wisdom, saw fit to overcomplicate with an intensified effort on improving what already is great. Now while the improvements may indeed be great, along with these comes man's ever present desire to complicate what was once so simple. I believe it is man's basic desire to feel important. An offshoot feeling of pride. What was once a very simple thing, is now big business and there seems to be a different nute for every day of the month...and so many "experts" out there each with a different opinion of what is "the way" to do things.

In my humble opinion, man is the greatest hindrance to his own growth. Some deep seated yearning to feel essential to what is going on around him...like somehow things would stop without his great knowledge and expertise. And the fact is, if every single person on the face of the planet dropped dead today...everything in nature would continue to thrive without help.

When I began my studies as a child, I felt like an outsider. I was the little white boy in a sea of Asians. And I strived to excel so I could be important in their eyes. Now some 40 + years later, I see that my thinking was that of a immature person. My acquisition of skill and knowledge had nothing to do with how I felt about myself. In fact, many of the techniques that I learned I discarded as being useless because the were just someone's over complication of what is. Bruce Lee once said, "Maturity does not mean to become captive of conceptualization." Man has a long track record of taking a simple, beautiful thing...and fucking it up with concepts and ideas of how he is going to make it better.

So while there are countless growing techniques and methods...and an endless variety of nutes and so forth, I only want to learn what works. It seems that in growing, much like Martial Art, I just want to know what works. Not so much why it works, just that it does and I can apply it when I want.

I am more than willing to learn from anyone as long as they have validity to thier statements. It is one of the reasons I listen to you and Pit. I have respect for what you both know and have done. And I know I can learn so much from both of you.

So you teach...and I will learn my friend....:peace:

my first post was better, lol.

i just wanted to say that it seems complicated at first, its like trying to do a form and having trouble concentrating on footwork and hand movements at the same time, but once you get one part, then the next part gets easier.

once you get familiar with some products, then learn about more, etc, it will seem simple later, and you can knock people on their ass with some dim mak buddha.

hmm, good point. i know what you mean.

the one thing you have to keep in perspective is that nature IS complicated, and there are many symbiotic relationships in nature that we may not fully understand or appreciate.

like the symbiotic relationship between bacteria and healthy roots.

when we take a plant out of its natural environment and bend it to our desires, we may be depriving it of some of these beneficial relationships it has with the surrounding nature.

I get your point about them being a company that is out to make money so they prob over do it a bit or exaggerate the importance of some things.

every plant is different just like every person. not everyone learns the same way, so as a teacher you have to learn how to adapt your teaching style to get the best results out of your students. ultimatelty, you will have to find out what works best for YOUR plants as well. understanding is the beginning of wisdom, and will help you dial in your setup for your environment, and for your plants.

one last thing, if you decide to use some bene's i would add some carbohydrates for them to eat and make into good stuff for your plant. the cheapest way (and still very good) is to just add molasses. just the stuff from the supermarket is good.

so now that you know basically what everything does- for my simple suggestion
if you want to go the easy route, do what i did and start with fox farms.

here is a link to the feeding schedule:
https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/hydrofeed.pdf

if i chose 3, i would use tiger bloom, big bloom, and cha ching.
then if you wanted to add bene's i'd add voodoo juice early in flower for one week, an enzyme like hygrozyme to protect the benes and some molasses for them to eat.

that would be a good basic start. if you start to see deficiencies you might want to add some micros.

everything is looking good for you so far though. so you must be doing something right!

good luck, i hope that helped a bit.

My friend...this is by far some of the most helpful info I have gotten since coming onto this site or even beginning my growing education. REPS TO YOU !!!! :thanks:

I can't begin to thank you enough for taking the time to write all this down...twice, and helping me learn the basics of nute knowledge. I have read every word of what you have written, and I will re-read it again and again.

I can honestly say that I now have a working knowledge of what it is that I need to know and the purpose of each nute. I feel invigorated as a student of this subject. I feel enlightened...thank you ! I am copying all of it and pasting it in my grower's wisdom journal for future reference.

Again...thank you very much for your time and concern that I know these things.

Peace and harmony...:peace:

my first post was better, lol.

i just wanted to say that it seems complicated at first, its like trying to do a form and having trouble concentrating on footwork and hand movements at the same time, but once you get one part, then the next part gets easier.

once you get familiar with some products, then learn about more, etc, it will seem simple later, and you can knock people on their ass with some dim mak buddha.

I love your analogies. Again, thank you so much ! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom