My First grow and liking it

iminadaze

This is my first grow so I have been taking lots of pic's. My girl pales in comparison to many others on here but I am learning a lot here and have been enjoying the grow so far.

Picture_002101.jpg

Growing is very addictive.. it's a great hobby!
:yummy:

What strain are you growing?

This grow is from bagseed I collected. I only kept the seeds that I got out of the buds and only from good stuff. I wasn't sure I would be successful and I didn't want to use high grade seeds in case I failed them. I read the journals and other grow advice here on 420 and I believe that now I would be able to grow a high grade indica strain to harvest and look forward to when I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor. :)

Nothing to be ashamed of here! That flower top looks great! :thumb:

Looks like you are somewhere around Week 2?

I've found over time that the strains that have a denser number of pistle hairs at this stage, tend to produce denser buds down the road. My Blueberry Kush flower tops looked very similar to yours as did my Blue Cheese, which is in the same family genetically. So... You may have a Blueberry something or other on your hands, which is GREAT! Blueberry is one of the best strains! Right up there with the Purps when it comes to potency, flavor and aroma!

If you want to see what your plant may look like in another few weeks, have a look at the last few pages of my grow journal, linked in my sig! :)

Looking forward to seeing more photos! Growing this stuff is definitely a lot of work, but it is addictive and the rewards are...well... priceless! ;)

Cheers. :)

@Goldengoose7' 2 weeks 2 days at the time of the pic, good call on that.
You could very well be right about the strain as the seed did come from a dense nugget
that had sort of a sweet taste, but I don't know strain flavors at all. I look forward to the time when I have a few choice strains going, and knowing which strains they are.

Thanks for letting me know my girl is growing like she should be as I have no experience to compare against, you put to rest a question I asked myself everyday since I noticed her flowering. :thanks:

I am tossing this pic up to show the whole plant. Today she is 18 days at 12/12. She has had some bad days, mostly PH related and the lack of lime in the soil mix, but I got her through it with some diligent reading here at 420.

7-29-11.jpg

I'm sure you guru's already know that us novice growers are grateful that you take the time to help us, but I'll say it anyway...

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Welcome to 420. Make sure to take thorough notes through out the grow. You will learn a lot more form your mistakes than your successes and they will make you a better grower. I notice an improvement in every subsequent grow. Also, the community here is very helpful and you'll learn much from your fellow growers.

:goodjob:

Yo daze my man this set up looks amazing!!!! Nice work!!!! She looking very nice !!! I just harvested my first batch and it left me speechless!!!! Its just something every dude wants to do is grow thier own stash!!!! Like playing guitar!!!

Damn! I had typed out a lengthly explanation of what happened and oops! wrong button.

She hermie'd and I hate seeds so I harvested early and started flowering her clone to see if the same is going to continue.

I did practice my after harvest 101 technique on her/him. She is drying now.
The bud's are small and airey and will probably taste blah! but I guess it could be worse.

Here she is now...

Picture_02622.jpg

Picture_03120.jpg

bummer on the hermie. The clone will have the same trait as the mom, unless you can pin point the cause of the hermie last round, you'll see it reoccur this one.

If it's an option, I would get rid of the hermie's demon spawn and put a different clone or start some fresh seeds in the next round.

bummer on the hermie. The clone will have the same trait as the mom, unless you can pin point the cause of the hermie last round, you'll see it reoccur this one.

If it's an option, I would get rid of the hermie's demon spawn and put a different clone or start some fresh seeds in the next round.

I know deep down you are right. Bagseed w/ very few seeds. The signs are there, but I still have to prove it to myself because I am a new grower and to say that I didn't stress her is like saying I didn't inhale :bongrip:

Besides I have 2 clones from her (one of which I was planing on being mom), and 7 clones from her clone. I can honestly say I hope I stressed her.

I do have three more from seed going. They are 27 days from seed. Check em out. I also have two females in the backyard from seed, so if this clone ends up being a hermie then I will be trashing all of the clones. In the end I need to just get some high grade stable seed of some stank dank and move on.

Back
Top Bottom