DSCF1689.JPG
DSCF1688.JPG
DSCF16871.JPG
DSCF1686.JPG
DSCF1685.JPG
DSCF16841.JPG
DSCF16831.JPG
DSCF16821.JPG

Hey Rockforce! Good to have you along for the grow. The plants are currently 1 month and 4 days since planting, they took 2 days to germinate. The 8 ball seems to be more suited to a screen of green than the bigbud. Have you got a grow thread for your grow?
:peace:

Hey Dank.... How's things? Thanks dude, any thing you pick up on please let me know. Did you find those clip on hangers in the end?
I'm waiting for my 4 flowering bulbs to arrive so they can go to 12/12 next weekend. I've ordered 4 x 75w 2700k ... and I'm gonna keep the bulbs I have now. So should be about 28000 lumens in a 5 sq ft area. Do you think this should make for a decent flowering period?
I opted for many lower wattage bulbs over 1 high one because of the positioning factor. I am hoping to be able move the bulbs around accordingly to cover all shady areas.
:Namaste:

Yeah, that will be enough, but if they need more, you can always add some side lighting, little 23 watt, or 32 watt cfls. I found the clips, but ended up building something myself, had to have it right then, couldn't wait on the mail. I'm always amazed at what I can design in 20 minutes walking around the hardware store.

Ok here's the update as promised...Just had another tying down/pruning session. This time i went at them rather hard as i'm hoping it should see them through to flower now.
I've taken out all large fan leaves that where under the screen and not getting much light anyway, and any stragglers blocking the light to the new growth. The new growth is seriously dense and it was rather a task to identify what went where and which way to tie stuff!! Anyway, i've got it now so all the main future colas are free from obstruction.
Oh one other thing... I think i've spotted something which looks like a 'Stipule, calyx and pistil' - or a early sign of female flowering!! I'm using kingjohnc's post on page 3 for a reference to this, please can you confirm KingJohn? Here's a pic of it..
DSCF16981.JPG

Here's the grow before tie down and trim:
DSCF16952.JPG
DSCF16962.JPG
DSCF16973.JPG

After:
DSCF16991.JPG

DSCF17001.JPG
DSCF17011.JPG
DSCF17021.JPG
DSCF17031.JPG

8 Ball main cola
DSCF17051.JPG
DSCF17042.JPG
DSCF17062.JPG
DSCF1707.JPG

Big bid seems to be catching up
DSCF17081.JPG

DSCF17091.JPG
DSCF17102.JPG

Evening all, just hung my new lights and wow what a difference! 300w in there now and the plants are bathed in a warm 2700k glow! I will be flipping to 12/12 now, bring on the buds fingers crossed haha. I removed my veg lights as I did not think there was any need for them now, but will keep them to hand as 1 can go in my clip on hanger for light concentration later on maybe.
Black strap Molasses are on their way to :) Enjoy....
DSCF17392.JPG
DSCF1738.JPG

LIGHTS EVERYWHERE!!!
DSCF17362.JPG
DSCF1733.JPG
DSCF1732.JPG
DSCF17311.JPG
DSCF17301.JPG
DSCF17291.JPG
DSCF17271.JPG
DSCF1726.JPG
DSCF17251.JPG
DSCF17241.JPG
DSCF17211.JPG
DSCF1719.JPG
DSCF17181.JPG
DSCF17112.JPG
DSCF1717.JPG

Evening... not much to update really, had to do another prune and tie down session tonight as the greenery was so dense I didn't know what was what haha. Both plants seem to filled the screen nicely around their pots, but I dont think they'l be filling the whole screen.
Anyway, lots of new growth and also found female preflowers on the bigbud aswell.Last water I gave them a dose of the blackstrap molasses, this is non sulfured and organic and cheap of the 'bay. Also got Grotek monster bloom for a few weeks time.
Stay green!
CFL's got a little close one night and did this:
DSCF17613.JPG
DSCF17603.JPG
DSCF17591.JPG
DSCF17582.JPG
DSCF17563.JPG
DSCF17553.JPG
DSCF17542.JPG
DSCF17531.JPG
DSCF17523.JPG
DSCF17512.JPG
DSCF17503.JPG
DSCF17494.JPG
DSCF17462.JPG
DSCF17472.JPG
DSCF17481.JPG
DSCF17452.JPG
DSCF17433.JPG

Hey tokers! Things are going going good (from what I can tell!) in the grow closet. Plants have had a growth spurt since upping the wattage with the flowering bulbs. The plants are roughly 43 days old since germination, and until now the 8 ball kush has been 2 steps ahead of the big bud in terms of growth.
But in the past 3 days i've noticed the bigbud is determined to live up to its name and has alot of new growth, and also it is much easier to train down to the screen. Overall i'd say it looks the healthier plant! Leaves look more lush; theres something about the 8 ball that i cant describe, it just looks a bit dry? The leaves look slightly droopy and crispy to the touch.
I am going to put it down to insufficient ventilation (I have none) as I am definitely giving it enough water. It also is quite hot in my closet cos of the CFL's. Next on my shopping list is gonna be a couple of pc fans wired to a 12v battery. Please chime in with any thoughts on what else it could be :) Pics up later.
:bongrip:

You don't have to wire them to a 12 volt battery, you can get a 12 volt ac adapter, some game consoles use them. I bought mine at walmart, it goes from 3V to 12V, or electronics stores also sell them.
Hey tokers! Things are going going good (from what I can tell!) in the grow closet. Plants have had a growth spurt since upping the wattage with the flowering bulbs. The plants are roughly 43 days old since germination, and until now the 8 ball kush has been 2 steps ahead of the big bud in terms of growth.
But in the past 3 days i've noticed the bigbud is determined to live up to its name and has alot of new growth, and also it is much easier to train down to the screen. Overall i'd say it looks the healthier plant! Leaves look more lush; theres something about the 8 ball that i cant describe, it just looks a bit dry? The leaves look slightly droopy and crispy to the touch.
I am going to put it down to insufficient ventilation (I have none) as I am definitely giving it enough water. It also is quite hot in my closet cos of the CFL's. Next on my shopping list is gonna be a couple of pc fans wired to a 12v battery. Please chime in with any thoughts on what else it could be :) Pics up later.
:bongrip:

Just ordered 2 Arctic cooling pc fans. 120mm for intake and 80mm to exhaust the hot air from the top of the grow room. Also some activated carbon foam pads to rig up a diy filter for the exhaust, and some diamond Mylar sheeting as the tin foil is utter sh*te, reflects more heat than light. :) Should have it set up by the weekend. Gonna post some pics of the grow in a sec..
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom