My First Grow - Both Feet In

Toker Magee

It's finally legal in my state so I decided I'm out of excuses. I'm going to start my own grow. I've been saving seeds for 5 plus years. I have little idea what they are other than most of them came from a few bags I was getting years back of some almost all purple stuff that was great but one had went hermaphodite. It was full of seeds but stoney.

4x8x6'6" Hydro Planet tent

(1) 450W LED veg (1) 900W LED bloom

HTG bubble brothers 6 bucket DWC setup with 951gpm air pump and airstones

orchid potting pellets General Hydroponics Grow, Micro, and Bloom

TurboKlone 24 I just have my first cutting in for a day. I'm going to look at the roots tomorrow.

I planted 16 seeds in rockwool with a plastic tray and top May 1st. After a week I put the 6 strongest straight in the bubble buckets with a light solution of 1/4tsp gallon of GH grow and 1/4 of micro. I planted the remaining sprouts in soil. They all started under the 450 on veg up about 4 feet from the plants. It was a little much when they were in the middle so I moved them off to the sides at first.

My 900 arrived about week2 and I put it along side the 450. No matter what I did I got light burn. I had the light all the way at the top. The 900 burned 2 of my plants bad enough they got root rot. Those are the two stunted ones I cut down to try out the turbo klone. I got along using the 900 putting the plants off to the sides of it.

That 900 is a crazy powerful light. I can't get it closer than 26-28" I'm going with 3 feet for now.

3 of my bubble bucket plants look like steroid monsters compared to the soil versions. I've never seen a bushier plant. The stems are over 1/2" thick.

This is a little over 30 days from seed. I have a feeling 3 of these are going to be monsters. I'll be separating the room in the next day and putting the 4 buckets into 12/12 on the 900. 2 of them are a little droopy and sad in the pics. It's their first day under the 900 with the bloom switch on to hopefully help them get used to it and they were a little upset except my cheery princess in the back.
IMG_93713.jpg

IMG_93702.jpg

IMG_93694.jpg

IMG_93683.jpg

This is Mrs. Healthy. I've been doing a blend of all three nutrients but the bloom only small amounts a couple of times.

What a difference a day makes. They all got about a quart of water with 1/2tsp GH grow and 1/2tsp gh micro about an hour before the previous pictures. After a good nights rest the girls look so good this morning.

I started the sprouts in the buckets May 9th so this isn't even 30 days of veg. I don't know if I'm new but these things look so robust I cannot wait to see them bud.

This is the same droopy one from last night. It has so much foliage already I usually can't see the stem. It's my shortest plant with the broadest leaves and the thickest stem.
IMG_93742.jpg

IMG_93752.jpg

IMG_93762.jpg

IMG_93771.jpg

45%-30 humidity. A typical day the room is 77-82F Forgot to mention 3.5gallon buckets.

They look so good. They swell up every couple of hours. They drank a lot of water today. It was a little hot. Put about a quart of water in the 3 big plants buckets and 3/4tsp of GH flora grow. I top the buckets off to a inch or so below the bottom of the baskets.

The two I had problems with I noticed that the airstone had gotten off to the side. Anyone else noticing the airstone is a problem when it isn't fairly centralized. It causes a spiral in the bucket and twists the roots around each other like one big knot. The plants I have doing well all have fairly centralized airstones with the roots spreading on all sides of it. I'm going to be more careful about it next time. I was thinking of suspending the airstone with a wire tie just above the bottom of the bucket to keep it central. A few of my buckets did this accidentally and it seemed to work out.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom