My First Grow Box & First Crop Ever

So finally after messing with things and running experiments on how to keep tempuratures where in needed. I have finally deicided to move the entire box inside where it is a controlled 75degrees. Pete: to answer your question. I have a 6" fan at the top of the grow box taking air out. I also have a 4" x10" vent at the bottom to allow air in. I also have a 6" fan inside for circulation. I've been monitoring the temp inside so far.

With the lights off:

Door open:77°
Door closed:82°

Lights on:

Door open: 86°
Doors closed:91°

So still trying to see what I can do about temps. Might have to go to my frozen water bottles if temps continue to stay above 90°

So finally after messing with things and running experiments on how to keep tempuratures where in needed. I have finally deicided to move the entire box inside where it is a controlled 75degrees. Pete: to answer your question. I have a 6" fan at the top of the grow box taking air out. I also have a 4" x10" vent at the bottom to allow air in. I also have a 6" fan inside for circulation. I've been monitoring the temp inside so far.

With the lights off:

Door open:77°
Door closed:82°

Lights on:

Door open: 86°
Doors closed:91°
So still trying to see what I can do about temps. Might have to go to my frozen water bottles if temps continue to stay above 90°

Yea I guess I didn't see it when I was looking at your set-up. Sorry.
I think you made a good decision bringing it inside. I'm certain that will help in controlling the temp.
Good Luck keep us up to date:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks for the advice. The mistake I was making was thinking I could put a grow box in 95° plus temp and think for some reason I was gonna keep the box between 75-85. Well after pulling my head outta my butt, I have moved the box in a discreet corner of my walk in closet. I will get a lock for the door to the closet to keep in private. blocking lights from the exhaust fan required a filter/screen to block light that restricted my air flow and kept the temps higher. I have been able to remove the screen from the exhaust fan and it has reduced my temps by 5 °. So the last two hours I've been running all lights on and have maintained the temps at 85° . hopefully it stays there.

Sure, that works, too :)

KIMG0246.jpg

Here is the updated photo of hunter(thanks to glimmerglass) without her shell

KIMG0245.jpg

Here is Affie.

And a pic of their set up

KIMG02472.jpg

Any suggestions and help is appreciated.

What strain is it: Strain Hunters Money maker feminine seed
Is it Indica, Satisfied or Hybrid? What percentages:70% indica/30 sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage: Seedling
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor
Soil
If soil... what is in your mix: Happy Frog for seedling : Foxfarm for veg/flower
If soil... What size pot: 3 gallon fabric
Size of light: 6- 24 watt-5000k clf
Is it aircooled: 75° room temp
Temp of Room/cab : 78° low- 88°high
RH of Room/cab:30-40
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?
Genetics: original master kush, Hindu kush and skunk

I generally use coco cups for my seedlings and clones. When I see a good number of roots starting out through the sides, I put them into clear quart pots. Some will say that light will hurt the roots but I have had no problems with clear pots and light on the roots.

When the roots start circling the bottom of the clear pots is when I move them to their final fabric pots.

Because you are using styro cups and can't see the roots, it makes the timing harder, but if you have good holes in the bottoms, you could watch for roots coming out of the bottom.

Go check out UncleCannabis journal, he uses cups and has more experience in when to transplant than I, he might be able to give you a better idea.

I generally use coco cups for my seedlings and clones. When I see a good number of roots starting out through the sides, I put them into clear quart pots. Some will say that light will hurt the roots but I have had no problems with clear pots and light on the roots.

When the roots start circling the bottom of the clear pots is when I move them to their final fabric pots.

Because you are using styro cups and can't see the roots, it makes the timing harder, but if you have good holes in the bottoms, you could watch for roots coming out of the bottom.

Go check out UncleCannabis journal, he uses cups and has more experience in when to transplant than I, he might be able to give you a better idea.

Thanks I will do. I have holes poked in the bottom but I think im just going to cut the entire bottom off. And when I see roots then transplant....but I will look up unclecannibis

Back
Top Bottom