My First Grow Ever! Excited!

Pre flowers are just a sign of the plants maturity and not an indicator the plants is flowering, pre flowers simply mean she's ready to flower.

Thank you KushGod! That was just the kind of clarification from a more experienced grower that I was hoping for!

On an auto, of course, preflowers=flowering, but it looks like on a "normal," photoperiod plant, preflowers are simply a sign of maturity and NOT that flowering has started.

It seemed crazy to me that Domina got autoflower clones. Now I understand that that wasn't the case and that she can just continue her clones at 18/6 until she's ready for her clones to flower. Yes?

If they are autos she can continue under any light cycle and they will flower bang on time. Most autos have a shelf life, say 90 days from seed to harvest under ANY light schedule. Obviously the stronger the light the bigger the buds but an auto will flower on her own under any light schedule, no flip needed. Hope this helps

Auto clones do seem odd to me but I'm not an auto grower myself so can't be sure, seems odd to clone autos for sale/purchase, most autos are seed I think but I could be wrong.

Auto clones do seem odd to me but I'm not an auto grower myself so can't be sure, seems odd to clone autos for sale/purchase, most autos are seed I think but I could be wrong.

My understanding is that if you clone an auto, its flowing "clock" is still running, so if you clone it at four weeks, the clone will start to flower immediately, which is why people never clone autos. ("Unless you have nothing better to do," as one guy put it. :))

Thanks again for sharing you experience. I was really perplexed and was hoping someone else would jump in and help. :thanks:

I don't know why else it would be flowering as their light schedule has not changed. And it's only the gsc that's doing it

Did you see what KushGod said in post #100? "Any mature cannabis plant shows pre flowers whether auto or photo."

Based on that, I think your clones are just telling you that they're mature and ready to switch to 12/12 whenever you are; i.e. it looks like they're just mature "regular" (non-autoflower) cannabis, so you can choose when to make them flower. Right KushGod? Good news! :)

(Me, I'm right in the middle of harvesting my plant on its 78th day from seed. My fingertips are sticking to the keyboard. ;))

The GSC aren't doing great (everything else is doing wonderfully). Any idea what could cause this?
pic96_June92017_.jpg

I'm a little late to your thread, but preflowers on a clone doesn't necessarily mean they're actively flowering. As i understand it, the age of your clone is the same age as the mother, so if the mother plant was already mature then your clone came already mature. My clone showed preflowers for most of her life & didn't actually flower until I flipped her~ looks like you're enjoying your new hobby! You'll see the love you give them reciprocated~ good luck on your grow journey!

Deficiencies in a small plant in fresh soil seem unlikely, don't you think?
No idea, scientific... I just compared the pictures~ ~ could possibly be an old deficiency (I think it's from a clone? Without reading back, I don't know which plant it is) from before she got it? As long as the new growth looks good & it doesn't spread, I wouldn't fret too much. I've learned that panicking with my garden does zero to help.

So I've been told Phosphorus deficiency by 5 different people and that's what I was thinking myself. This leaves me with 2 possible solutions.
1. Do a complete soil transplant and stick with pH neutral water for a week (while it uses what's already in the new soil)
2. Flush the hell out of it and re-feed.

Now here's the problem....
The only place I could get pH Up or pH Down is closed all weekend. I could use basic home ingredients however without a buffer it will quickly revert back. Also, I have no idea how to properly flush a plant.
Told my husband I'm doing nothing but working on my plants today hahah.

Ps: What the hell is up with this Oregon weather? It got too cold :( Thankfully the grow room is fine. Hurray for being underground.

Back
Top Bottom