My First Grow - Is This Normal?

Awesome m8 answer so sorry for for the confusion please forgive lol, Newbies for you i suppose Sorry and thanx for the info as it was really helpful. Especially where plants are drinking more water than nutrients as of dehydration is it?.

Yeah, that happens when the humidity drops below a certain point (Don't know what that point is exactly). But it's a combination of low RH and High Temps over 80. The higher the temp, the more the plants lose through transpiration, so the more the drink for the roots.

Question. Are you leaving the tent open throughout the photo-period? That will help a lot. Also, if your ballast has a dimmer, turn it down to 400, even 250 for that little space will work wonders. I just saw that your temps are OVER 90?! Yeah, leave it open until you can get your heat problem worked out. That will kill the plants, not to mention the little seedlings in there.

I see what you mean as I've confused mused and receiving emails of posts but when I follow I can not find them so will NOT being doing so again and thanx for the heads up m8. And sorry for confusing things:thanks:

Heheh, see how confusing it gets when a conversation spans threads? It's okay. You should be able to see the thread now... I had the same problem earlier, but when I switched thread views it was there. Now it's the first post on this page.

Yeah my tent doors are open in the day as i can get temps down to 82-85 but was told on here ages ago that they should be fine @92. otherwise i'd have sorted it all out straight away as the money side i'm not bothered as i understand if you want quality bud then you must pay for quality gear/tools or toys haha. So with this in mind i purchased an Exhaust fan with temp/speed control first and then i'll buy the filter and the cool shade to try to get temps back to what is noraml as they say, All i hapo is that they flourish and go bigger buds as the oldest is not looking to big but she just started to swell since the light cycle so i'll continue to drop the light's as i'm only on 10hrs on at the moment( After the last advice that the temps where fine and would cause stunted growth it's made ma a bit un trusting, but as long as i read up what i'm being told then i cant go wrong) So once again thanx for all your advice/help as i'd have left the temps high So Luck in it lol :thanks: :goodjob: :adore: :peace:

How well my new extracted fan came yesterday and first thoughts were that its the wrong one as its huge compare to the little thing i have and once i plugged it in it came on full power i was like no was like impressed but i can now get the Temp dwn to 85 lower leaving the tent open so i suppose ill be having to buy a cool tube to distributing the heat from the lights straight out over the tent.
Set up Carbon filter tent then Exhaust fan then 3.5m of ducting and the temp probe i have next to my thermometer to get a reading

How well my new extracted fan came yesterday and first thoughts were that its the wrong one as its huge compare to the little thing i have and once i plugged it in it came on full power i was like no was like impressed but i can now get the Temp dwn to 85 lower leaving the tent open so i suppose ill be having to buy a cool tube to distributing the heat from the lights straight out over the tent.
Set up Carbon filter tent then Exhaust fan then 3.5m of ducting and the temp probe i have next to my thermometer to get a reading

okay, you were saying it is 85 closed? Lower if unzipped? Very nice. Once you get the cool tube in there for the light it will be just about perfect! 70-80f is optimal for the home grower. I shoot for 74-78 on all my grows, and I have had very little problems.

Cool tubes are ok for small limited spaces but their light foot print is some what crap.

A half decent reflector can make a difference have a look around - 3CH have a Icarus air cooled reflector its on special offer at the moment, i also like Progrow they have some top end reflectors for big bucks also they normally have specifacations and techincal details aviable for each reflector even Basement Lighting got a fair range of em to at a reasonable price.

Thanks Jandre m8, so i have another prob now as i have 2mmj nearly ready @3wks one in soil and other in hydro but the hydro is a 4 pot so how can i do a flush without stressing them to much and without the need for changing the res because of the late bloomers? Would a simple 1-3gallon of normal tap or would Ph be better and just basically pour without the need for moving the pot besides end of next week begining of next ill clean res/tank out. As I can't find nothing about flushing soil/hydro on here as i'd like to now what are the typical signs there is to look out for as it's unkown strain but nice weed tho. Also the swell what size is a typical increase of the calyxes i mean do thye increase x2 or x50% as i'm just curious and getting really excited as the end is near (nearly 3mths on and going) but the late bloomers are now begging to look like they'll be bigger than the others. So is there a main spot from the light spectrum that makes them grow differently as the middle and 2sides where reflectors hang outseem to be growing quicker but not bigger? thanx for all the help m8 happy growing:thanks::adore::peace: can't give no more reps to you lol but thanx all the same tho m8 :thanks::thumb:

Thanks Jandre m8, so i have another prob now as i have 2mmj nearly ready @3wks one in soil and other in hydro but the hydro is a 4 pot so how can i do a flush without stressing them to much and without the need for changing the res because of the late bloomers? Would a simple 1-3gallon of normal tap or would Ph be better and just basically pour without the need for moving the pot besides end of next week begining of next ill clean res/tank out. As I can't find nothing about flushing soil/hydro on here as i'd like to now what are the typical signs there is to look out for as it's unkown strain but nice weed tho. Also the swell what size is a typical increase of the calyxes i mean do thye increase x2 or x50% as i'm just curious and getting really excited as the end is near (nearly 3mths on and going) but the late bloomers are now begging to look like they'll be bigger than the others. So is there a main spot from the light spectrum that makes them grow differently as the middle and 2sides where reflectors hang outseem to be growing quicker but not bigger? thanx for all the help m8 happy growing:thanks::adore::peace: can't give no more reps to you lol but thanx all the same tho m8 :thanks::thumb:

Your normal tap water is too impure to flush with, if I remember correctly you said it was around 500? First get a good PPM meter, calibrate it in the solution provided, using the manufacturer's directions. EC is fine for measuring high amounts of impurities in your water (mainly salts as these are the electrolytes that cause conductivity). When trying to see how pure water is, 0.0EC is completely pure, because water (for this purpose) is not conductive, but the impurities in it are, and you said your EC meter doesn't go that low....I think.... I would go to the store and get bottled water. What you're looking for is DISTILLED, not Mineral, or Spring water as these often have a high amount of minerals present, and that's what you're trying to flush from the plants. You want to give them water that is below about 100 PPM, 40 to 0 PPM is best, but unless you have a Reverse Osmosis system, you'll never get there. I would say, get a bottle of distilled water, test it, if it's below 100, which it normally is, then that's the water to use.

I'm with Fuzzy on the air cooled reflector, you will have much more direct light using a reflector than just a bare cool tube. but if price is an issue, 1x1x1.6 is still pretty small, and if mylar is even on the ceiling, you would still be okay. Not as good as the reflector, but still okay, I mean you're running 600w in that tiny space. That's a massive amount for just two plants.

Cool tubes are ok for small limited spaces but their light foot print is some what crap.

A half decent reflector can make a difference have a look around - 3CH have a Icarus air cooled reflector its on special offer at the moment, i also like Progrow they have some top end reflectors for big bucks also they normally have specifacations and techincal details aviable for each reflector even Basement Lighting got a fair range of em to at a reasonable price.

Thanx Fuzzy i'll the first 2 but I'm not a big fan ov Basement Lighting as it's because of them i'm getting these probs as the plan was to buy 1 whole complete kit and all work fine. But very unlikely and what i have since learned is that
1. they should never have sold me that powerful light in a 1x1x1.6(So glad they sold out ov the 80x80x1.40 as imagine that high 100's). Maybe a 250HPS
2. The carbon filter and exhaust fan are also sufficent and are impractical for this set-up.
But to get the temps i desire i'll have to get a good cool tube thanx:thumb: :thumb:

Your normal tap water is too impure to flush with, if I remember correctly you said it was around 500? First get a good PPM meter, calibrate it in the solution provided, using the manufacturer's directions. EC is fine for measuring high amounts of impurities in your water (mainly salts as these are the electrolytes that cause conductivity). When trying to see how pure water is, 0.0EC is completely pure, because water (for this purpose) is not conductive, but the impurities in it are, and you said your EC meter doesn't go that low....I think.... I would go to the store and get bottled water. What you're looking for is DISTILLED, not Mineral, or Spring water as these often have a high amount of minerals present, and that's what you're trying to flush from the plants. You want to give them water that is below about 100 PPM, 40 to 0 PPM is best, but unless you have a Reverse Osmosis system, you'll never get there. I would say, get a bottle of distilled water, test it, if it's below 100, which it normally is, then that's the water to use.

I'm with Fuzzy on the air cooled reflector, you will have much more direct light using a reflector than just a bare cool tube. but if price is an issue, 1x1x1.6 is still pretty small, and if mylar is even on the ceiling, you would still be okay. Not as good as the reflector, but still okay, I mean you're running 600w in that tiny space. That's a massive amount for just two plants.

Lol sorry Jandre for confusing you i meant in total i have 12 in flower and 4 are in hydro but only 2 plants are near ready and then the rest are behind by like 3wks(but all started at the same time) 4 were started of in soil and i put them into hydro but are now bigger than all the soil grow(i now know this was wrong, but done correctly they would still survive) So am i able to flush(hydro 1plant on it own but still leaving the nutrients in the reservoir or would i have to move it??)
Do you no of any good but cheap bottle water as i do not want to speand more money unless i really have to pmsl :thanks:

I know what ya mean with Basement lighting, i've used em once & only once - lol

Mmm grow kit can be quite big, height of wilma and filters 'n' lights hanging from the top gives ya a small area to grow in plus space between plants & lights to prevent burn etc.

What i done to save a little more space is i placed the fan on the top of tent, on the out side of it. The filter was tucked tight up against the inside of tent with ducting exiting the tent & joining fan on top... it still extracts, i just placed it differently.

This saved me about 20cm to 30cm in head room height depending on dimension of reflector etc allows me to move light higher with out other obsticles blocking the way.

Lol sorry Jandre for confusing you i meant in total i have 12 in flower and 4 are in hydro but only 2 plants are near ready and then the rest are behind by like 3wks(but all started at the same time) 4 were started of in soil and i put them into hydro but are now bigger than all the soil grow(i now know this was wrong, but done correctly they would still survive) So am i able to flush(hydro 1plant on it own but still leaving the nutrients in the reservoir or would i have to move it??)
Do you no of any good but cheap bottle water as i do not want to speand more money unless i really have to pmsl :thanks:

Ah. Yes, and no. Are you looking at triches or just going by box as for when finishing time is? How are your triches looking on the two that are 2wk away? How are the pistils looking?

I know what ya mean with Basement lighting, i've used em once & only once - lol

Mmm grow kit can be quite big, height of wilma and filters 'n' lights hanging from the top gives ya a small area to grow in plus space between plants & lights to prevent burn etc.

What i done to save a little more space is i placed the fan on the top of tent, on the out side of it. The filter was tucked tight up against the inside of tent with ducting exiting the tent & joining fan on top... it still extracts, i just placed it differently.

This saved me about 20cm to 30cm in head room height depending on dimension of reflector etc allows me to move light higher with out other obsticles blocking the way.

Yeah i see what you mean but then i still got just under a meter to play with, I did have my old fan inside but once new fan came i did try to do the same but was to heavy/awkward on my own and i had visions of dropping it and braking the fan/plants or wilma system. So in the end i just slotted it ontop of tent and attached the ducting which took like 5minns just wish i never spent 1.5 hrs trying to get it up inside of the tent all on my own as my arms were aching pmsfl.

jandre2k3 said:
Ah. Yes, and no. Are you looking at triches or just going by box as for when finishing time is? How are your triches looking on the two that are 2wk away? How are the pistils looking?

Yes I'm looking at both as the triches are still clear but the pistols have gone from the usual whitish looking colour that one sees on a young bud, to a creamy/baigey colour and then the much thinner hairs are already orange/Amber or what Eva lol. Also there bagseed as I thought I try/test that way before spending good money on one ov my Favoured strains Cheese and Deisel but loving the sound of Cheisel but that will be started at a different location as of space so I can have a constant flow of weed every 4-6weeks and be happy with 8-12 Oz's every turn or am I dreaming/wishing and hoping lol

Here are some Nug/bud shots of my fone not bad a lol dark but room for improvement I reckon lol
2012-01-23_12_53_27.jpg
2012-01-23_12_55_08.jpg
SAM_1955.JPG
SAM_1794.JPG
SAM_1792.JPG
female-flowers-maturation.jpeg
The first 2 are of my fone and the test is using Tungsten setting on my digit camera so I still needs to learn and keep messing until I get the hang of it pms.
Ps. The other photo was what I found on the net//google so feel free to pass it on thank you.:thumb: :peace:

Judging from your pics, it is time to flush, now, use distilled water, no real reason to pH because distilled has no nutrients to deliver, it's just water. remove the stakes and stop the flow, or place them in the other two. Remove those two from the setup so you can flush them and then replace, as flushing them in your setup will dilute your nutes for the other two in the same setup. Unless they're starting to look like this one. How far behind are they?

I reckon about 3wks on the other maybe 4wks. Ok I'll start tomorrow the flush on hydro going to be a piano tho having to feed 3 times like the drop system is doing. Maybe I could spread the feeds to twice a day as my light cycle is at 9:15hr and 2nite will be 9hrs as I also got to think ov the others thanx:peace::thanks:

I reckon about 3wks on the other maybe 4wks. Ok I'll start tomorrow the flush on hydro going to be a piano tho having to feed 3 times like the drop system is doing. Maybe I could spread the feeds to twice a day as my light cycle is at 9:15hr and 2nite will be 9hrs as I also got to think ov the others thanx:peace::thanks:

yep, gonna have to do it the hard way. This is why I try like hell the get ones that finish the same time in one system.

yep, gonna have to do it the hard way. This is why I try like hell the get ones that finish the same time in one system.

Week it was the stressing of being transplanted from soil to hydro which I no was not the best move to take, to lazy to wait for more seedlings to be done but in reality the seedlings would ov vegged for 2-3wks by the time they had came around.
Also what can you please tell me about fan leaves(as on these 2mj's I had removed had removed all around the 4th week which I think was wrong) so any help/advice on this would be great thanx, Because on the others (late developers) there now getting bushy and tall so that's all good thanx:peace:

Back
Top Bottom