My First Grow Journal

I am new too but over watering seedlings and young clones is about the worst thing us new growers can do. In those bigger pots they shouldn't need watering for a bit. I have two small plants that are past the seedling stage and the last time I watered them was 15 days ago on the 3erd and they can still go another day or two, Stop by my journal and check them out. The link is in my sig, Also you may want to follow those who have shown up and those I tagged journals, Lots to learn from all of them and Great folks, ask questions I am sure you have plenty as a new grower
When I put them in the pots I still watered them like they where in the cups I just watered the cup size didn't soak the hole pot so we'll see. All I worry about is overwatering. I lost 3 of my big girls I cut the clones from by overwatering I almost cried.

When I put them in the pots I still watered them like they where in the cups I just watered the cup size didn't soak the hole pot so we'll see. All I worry about is overwatering. I lost 3 of my big girls I cut the clones from by overwatering I almost cried.
Slow and steady. Just watch the plants they will tell you when they are thirsty.

At this stage, just water the very outside of the fabric pot. Make the roots search for water.
Your soil looks great and should only need pH'd water for the whole grow and possibly some cal/mag.
You mentioned a new light but did not say what it was... If it is a QB you will need to add cal/mag.

The start of a new grow is always the most difficult as you want to LOVE your babies at every opportunity.
This usually involves watering them because the top of the soil "looks a bit dry" or the leaves are a bit droopy so lets give them some more water. A very common mistake.
If your fabric pot is wet now, pick it up and feel the weight. Leave it alone for 2 days and pick it up again and feel the weight. It should be lighter but sometimes seedlings do not drink that much water and the pot may still be a bit heavy.
Only water light pots and leave the heavier ones alone for a few more days.

What you can do daily or twice daily is foliar feed them with a kelp spray! This will give you a bit of interaction with your plants and you get a chance to inspect them and really give them a good once over.
Mix your foliar feed as directed and fill into a spray bottle and set the spray to the finest mist possible.
Drench the plants and make sure you spray underneath the leaves so they absorb more of the nutrients.
A kelp spray is like a tonic for plants and is extremely beneficial!

For a unique way of growing, check out my additions to a thread! Link in my sig.

Will be following along and trying to help as you grow!
:woohoo: :ganjamon:

At this stage, just water the very outside of the fabric pot. Make the roots search for water.
Your soil looks great and should only need pH'd water for the whole grow and possibly some cal/mag.
You mentioned a new light but did not say what it was... If it is a QB you will need to add cal/mag.

The start of a new grow is always the most difficult as you want to LOVE your babies at every opportunity.
This usually involves watering them because the top of the soil "looks a bit dry" or the leaves are a bit droopy so lets give them some more water. A very common mistake.
If your fabric pot is wet now, pick it up and feel the weight. Leave it alone for 2 days and pick it up again and feel the weight. It should be lighter but sometimes seedlings do not drink that much water and the pot may still be a bit heavy.
Only water light pots and leave the heavier ones alone for a few more days.

What you can do daily or twice daily is foliar feed them with a kelp spray! This will give you a bit of interaction with your plants and you get a chance to inspect them and really give them a good once over.
Mix your foliar feed as directed and fill into a spray bottle and set the spray to the finest mist possible.
Drench the plants and make sure you spray underneath the leaves so they absorb more of the nutrients.
A kelp spray is like a tonic for plants and is extremely beneficial!

For a unique way of growing, check out my additions to a thread! Link in my sig.

Will be following along and trying to help as you grow!
:woohoo: :ganjamon:
Will this work 20200118_125704.jpg

He also told me to use this everytime I water when they are in veg. Should i
20200113_191931.jpg

no I would leave it out. What I would look into is a mychorrizal innoculant I use great white. This will help add on to the colony that’s present in your soil now. Colony being your herd of microbes living inside your Soil.

@Fastass419 . If that's coast of Maine soil I would chill a bit. That soil is pretty hot. Just go with watering her on when she needs it.
I wouldn't worry about foliage spray at this stage. Keep it simple bro.
Plants will get big in that soil alone.
I will chill they have already grown in the last 2 days they have been in the new pots I'll just sit back and watch. Wait to see what the plants tell me

Nice exhaust system you have there. If you are looking at lights check out @Budget LED they have some Great lights for a reasonable price and Great Costumer service. I just got one and I am super happy with it.

Nice exhaust system you have there. If you are looking at lights check out @Budget LED they have some Great lights for a reasonable price and Great Costumer service. I just got one and I am super happy with it.
Thanks I will I already got one coming but going to need another one when my seeds get here and coming out the dirt

Thanks I will I already got one coming but going to need another one when my seeds get here and coming out the dirt

Fastass is going all in. I love it.
I love the grow fever feeling.

What size is the fan? Do the sides suck in on all three tents? How are you maintaining the temps in all three? If tent A is 80F and tent B is 70F who wins?
Lots of things to consider and it may work, but long term my feeling is separate sytems.
It is a 6" fan and I have dampers to control each room and yes sides suck in on all three. I work on this idea for awhile but this so far is working great

Fastass is going all in. I love it.
I love the grow fever feeling.
No I'm going to have 3 4×4 going I got 1 that live flowering right now my clones in this journey and got girl scout cookies feminized seeds coming for the 3rd room. I have a dirt room ready

Back
Top Bottom