My First Indoor Grow Please Follow Along

I apologize for the photo quality as I can only take the photos directly with my computer at the moment and it is quite difficult to get good focus and i can't real close to put forth a photo for you guys to evaluate the sex. I don't really have any experience sexing a plant so anything i know is purely theoretical How is the plant looking? what do you guys think? Watering? (was watered very little on 3rd day then again 1.5L on 10th day) Trying to force a bit of stretch early on? any other ideas or questions or thought you guys may have...

Two Weeks Green House Seeds NL Auto
2_weeks_31.jpg
2_weeks_21.jpg
2_weeks8.jpg

6 inches height, 8 inches at widest point. this is two weeks from first sprout. has been watered on day 3(Very Little), day 10(1.5L), day 12 (.5L) 10 liter pot. there is a second plant that is 3 or days from sprout that was watered once in small amount.

IMG_20170627_110256325_HDR.jpg
So you guys can see more or less how the lighting is set-up. As previously stated its 95 watt real wattage LED + 60 watt real wattage CFL. The led is 9 inches to plant at the plants highest point and the CFL is 3 inches away from plant closest point

The plant at 16 days, I think its safe to say we have a GIRL. What do you guys think about the plant? How is it looking? No water or Nutrients in 6 days, plan on doing both tomorrow. its about 8.5 inches tall and appears to have 5 bud sites, although only the main shoot/cola is showing this white hairs you can see in the following photos. is that normal that the main shoot shows sex first? I would like to perform some light LST but the other budgets/?nodes?/shoots are to short to actually be able to tie down to open up underbrush and expose light to this places, this is why i was trying to induce some stretching. For the 21 hours Lights on yesterday I lowered power of LED, turned supplemental CFL off, not sure if it had much affect outside of the normal growth it has had and decided to not continue with that, as I imagine it would take a couple days in row of that to produce an appreciable effect and since i have only 2 plants i do not want to risk stunting growth or something by trying this out.
IMG_20170629_172614940_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170629_1724494731.jpg
IMG_20170629_172500098.jpg
IMG_20170629_172514522.jpg

Today i added a third light to set-up, a 23w watt real wattage CFL. i think in this photo the leaf discolouration is due to a burn, and nothing else. you can see it more severely on 1 leaf and some on another. I believe it is this and not something else for the following: 1. I added the light to this side of plant. 2. The burn/discoloration are on the same facet/side of the 2 affected leaves. 3. there is no other dislocations anywhere to be found on plant. What do you guys say?
IMG_20170629_172735620_HDR.jpg

My 2nd plant at 6-7 days from sprouting. the last 2 days have been completely sunny so I have put it in direct sunlight for several hours a day, then back to LED/CFL Combo. What do you guys opine about that? I think i should maybe switch it up if this sun continues and put larger plant out in sun and take advantage of its superior penetration to all areas of plant, maybe.... we'll see how long the good weather continues.
IMG_20170629_1722359371.jpg

So tonight, upon finishing the 3 hours of darkness for the plants I watered the large plant. Two litres of water with Bio-Bizz Grow at a concentration of 2ml/Liter, Bio-Bizz Bloom 1ml/Liter and Bio-Bizz Top Max 1.2ml/Liter. It had been just over 6 days since last watering. Honestly the Top inch of soil was dry but below that was still lightly moist, definitely not wet but a little moist. I decided to water anyways because pot felt light and because I wanted to get some fresh nutrients in here as I imagine we may be seeing some more explosive growth coming forth in next week or two, at least I hope so. I have the large plant directly under the LED and the 65 watt and 23 watt CFLs off to opposing sides of plant. The small plant/seedling is off to the side currently as it only has 6-7 days and 2 sets of real leaves. Forecast for weather looks like completely clear skies and sunny so I will get 1 of or both plants into direct sun light tomorrow when I wake up.

Welcome back friends. So on friday night i started asome light LST, you can see on the pictures. i also defoliated a little bit to see how plant would react. on all places i defoliated i put real honey on wounds to help with healing. assuming that the LST and Defoliation went well i will cut some more leaves out to open up canopy. plant is now 9.5 inches tall. today about 5 hours before dark time i bent the main cola around again to start curling around the edge of my 10 litre pot. i will water the smaller plant and feed nutrients tonight after dark period. It now has 3 nodes

IMG_20170701_214750903_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170701_214742853_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170701_214733590_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170701_214710606_HDR.jpg

Just quick photo without moving anything so you can see the set up. Led 95 real watts, CFL both day light. one is 65 real watts and the other is 23 real watts.
IMG_20170702_152308179.jpg

Yes, i would like some stretch, but how do I accomplish that? I understand from reading that normally the plant should a growth spurt at some point between the pre-flowers and the early flowering stage. should i do something to encourage or allow conditions for a greater stretch at this point? The larger plant is 3 weeks from sprouting today.

Last night i rearranged slightly the LST and cut off another two leaves then applied honey as I had done previously. I do not plan on taking off any more foliage this week.

Yes, i would like some stretch, but how do I accomplish that? I understand from reading that normally the plant should a growth spurt at some point between the pre-flowers and the early flowering stage. should i do something to encourage or allow conditions for a greater stretch at this point? The larger plant is 3 weeks from sprouting today.

Last night i rearranged slightly the LST and cut off another two leaves then applied honey as I had done previously. I do not plan on taking off any more foliage this week.

I would lift the height of the light-source. That should encourage a little stretch as the leaves would try and get more light from it being distant. And yeah. Once you 12/12 it has a growth spurt after about wk1 or 2. Doubles the size just about.

you think i should switch to 12/12, even though they are Auto Flowers? The recommendation from the seed supplier, Green House Seeds, is 18/6 all the way thru. I am currently on 21/3 to maintain the temperatures high enough without having to add much supplemental heat. and even with that my temps range between 71-75f.

Here are photos from Day 26. the plants were left alone for 2.5 days and since I only have 1 timer they were under only the LED with no CFL on. They were both watered and fertilised on wed the 5th before I had left. After the photos I adjusted the LST ties to open up canopy for more direct light to reach the inferior bud sites. Upon returning i also sprayed them with water and seaweed based fertiliser at a lower than indicated concentration. I am shooting to have harvested the larger plant at then end of August. I hope that timeframe works out, it would allow 6-7 weeks for the flowering to progress and finish.
420 Magazine
420 Magazine

Back
Top Bottom