My First Journal: GG#4 In DWC & Soil

if it helps -- i am pretty sure you can run the drivers remote on the mars fixtures.

it gains the head room the drivers would occupy -- and lowers the in tent temps. mars kinda run hot for a led, so it could help a bit. i see you've already moved them.

it's just a matter of a longer cord. i've seen some that use simple ac cords - like a computer cord. i'm sure mars has a kit if it's different.
I am actually getting ready to drop this tent after this run and moving into a larger one.
forgot to say it looks great .. :p

:bongrip:
Thanks for stopping in. I am actually getting ready to move into a larger tent after this grow. I grow in 4 different areas at the moment so I am just trying to wing it through this one. Big changes are coming very soon.

Tomorrow is a res change for me. According to the schedule...this is where it slowly starts decreasing in PPM levels per week. I am about 2 weeks in since the flip. I have to look back for the exact date. I am going to try to open her up a little more while still being able to remove the top for bucket changes and level checks. I am adding just about a gallon of water with nutrients per day. I still believe she is going to be my personal best and it's not even going to be close. I can imagine when I get 4 DWC plants going. And I flipped her early because of room size. Grow is going great. Looks like she slowed vertical growth down some but I have been pinching her main stems. Like stated above....filling in just nicely. Very pleased so far.

I am not too big on using the pinching method....is it normal for them to be standing back up next morning or am I not breaking the inside wall enough?

Itz working just fine and doing exactly what you want. Your plant did what it was supposed to and bushed out with the pinching, a lot of the lowers are now level with the canopy. That's the best part of pinching is it doesnt stunt the plant, it's very low stress. You could probably stop pinching now though unless you get a runaway stem. Once they get close to the end of stretch it's time to stop pinching.

Honestly, from the pic you posted on sunday it looks like your buds are mostly set and stretching is pretty much done. You shouldn't need much more training as now they will bulk up the buds but if you see a stem going for it, dont be afraid to pinch.

Any training will work though, so many option. I just like to do as low stress as possible because the plant can really slow down and I like a quick veg. Training styles like mainline, etc. Have severely delayed my plants growth and the most I'll ever do is a topping but pinching and bending has worked well for me.

Honestly, from the pic you posted on sunday it looks like your buds are mostly set and stretching is pretty much done. You shouldn't need much more training as now they will bulk up the buds
Yea she is starting to slow down a little. I am still seeing some vertical growth still but it's from the smaller stuff hitting the tops. She filled the tent in perfectly. To be honest....I am happy I flipped her when I did. Her fan leaves are literally twice the size of any leaf I ever had on any plant before. Hard to get good pictures also.

Yeah man, she is a happy camper. Definitely got a gorgeous canopy and structure with that one. Lower stems making it to the canopy is exactly what you want. Once they stop you can cut off anything that didnt make it to the top if you like. Anything below will most likely end up as popcorn.

Hydro is really great and a lot of fun. I dont really notice much difference between megacrop and when I ran high brix. Like the smoke was pretty much the same, no difference. So now I just do synthetic.

Yeah man, she is a happy camper. Definitely got a gorgeous canopy and structure with that one. Lower stems making it to the canopy is exactly what you want. Once they stop you can cut off anything that didnt make it to the top if you like. Anything below will most likely end up as popcorn.

Hydro is really great and a lot of fun. I dont really notice much difference between megacrop and when I ran high brix. Like the smoke was pretty much the same, no difference. So now I just do synthetic.
This will be my first time smoking flower from my own grown hydroponics. Excited about that too. Curious of how much of a difference there will be between the 2. How far along in flower would you suggest being able to remove the sucker branches? I removed alot prior to flipping her but we all know how that works a few days later when it looks like she wasnt even touched. I use the lower stuff on soil plants for butter but I do plan on trying to make my own oils for pens. Just got to work on the alcohol first though.

I'm willing to bet if you put the same strain in a side by side test after a proper dry and cure you wouldn't notice much aside from maybe smell and taste but the difference is most likely not much. Potency may lean towards hydro but that's just a guess and probably depends on a lot of factors like soil recipe. With megacrop though the smell and taste was there.

Some people go by days but I dont count. I think @Pennywise Knows better but once stretching stops a few weeks into flower I'll give them a strip.

Sounds like fun, you plan on Etoh wash? Are you distilling your own?

I'm willing to bet if you put the same strain in a side by side test after a proper dry and cure you wouldn't notice much aside from maybe smell and taste but the difference is most likely not much. Potency may lean towards hydro but that's just a guess and probably depends on a lot of factors like soil recipe. With megacrop though the smell and taste was there.

Some people go by days but I dont count. I think @Pennywise Knows better but once stretching stops a few weeks into flower I'll give them a strip.

Sounds like fun, you plan on Etoh wash? Are you distilling your own?
Yea I am only about 2 weeks in since flipping the light. Give or take a few days. I am sure she should be more then fine. She also has bounced back really fast from anything I have done to her also.

Cleaned her up a little before lights out. Went s little overboard on her but might not even look it. Snapped before lights going out soon. Her main trunk in the pebbles has to be at least a half dollar in size. I'll try to show it tomorrow better.
20200428_131138.jpg
20200428_130845.jpg

Define synthetic nutrients? LOL I mean NPK you're dealing with elements in their basic form. Most liquid nutrients are also chelated for enhanced absorption. You will never convince the die hard soil/organic people of that though.

Whether it's RDWC, DWC, Flood and drain or coco all hydro will hang with or in most cases exceed the yeild from soil. Not only do you get great potency and yeild but you turn plants faster.

The taste issue may or may not get better with soil. I know with flushing they couldn't prove a difference in blind studies. Without having clones going side by side in the same environment that will always be debatable. Potency showed almost no difference in the side by side grows done by Green House seed company.

Cleaned her up a little before lights out. Went s little overboard on her but might not even look it. Snapped before lights going out soon. Her main trunk in the pebbles has to be at least a half dollar in size. I'll try to show it tomorrow better.

She is looking awesome. All I can tell you at this point is try to come up with a way to support those branches when the buds start putting on weight. Yo-Yo's are the easiest when you have one plant in a tent like that. Other than that a net or some PVC structure to tie them up are other methods.

You did great your first go at DWC. I was surprized how easy it was when I grew my first plant using the method. Best thing is no nutrient build up in the medium and no mess from coco or soil. :)

She is looking awesome. All I can tell you at this point is try to come up with a way to support those branches when the buds start putting on weight. Yo-Yo's are the easiest when you have one plant in a tent like that. Other than that a net or some PVC structure to tie them up are other methods.

You did great your first go at DWC. I was surprized how easy it was when I grew my first plant using the method. Best thing is no nutrient build up in the medium and no mess from coco or soil. :)
I have what I guess can be called yo-yo's. The cord gets longer with more weight? I am trying those and my old brown woolish material I use for training too. I have had to tie a few plants up before. Durban Poison being my last.

Define synthetic nutrients? LOL I mean NPK you're dealing with elements in their basic form. Most liquid nutrients are also chelated for enhanced absorption. You will never convince the die hard soil/organic people of that though.

Whether it's RDWC, DWC, Flood and drain or coco all hydro will hang with or in most cases exceed the yeild from soil. Not only do you get great potency and yeild but you turn plants faster.

The taste issue may or may not get better with soil. I know with flushing they couldn't prove a difference in blind studies. Without having clones going side by side in the same environment that will always be debatable. Potency showed almost no difference in the side by side grows done by Green House seed company.

Synthetic would be nutrients that are not of organic origin or may have organics in it but also contain man made chemical formulas. I would say there is a difference, lab created elements are in the basic form and readily available and organics need to be broken down by microbes for the plant to access the nutrients.

But either way, bottled vs organic my personal experience is pretty much what you posted. No big difference in terms of smoke quality. if I had the space or was outdoors, I would prefer organic as I think some of these "bottled nutrients" can be bad for the environment I'm terms of runoff.

Synthetic would be nutrients that are not of organic origin or may have organics in it but also contain man made chemical formulas. I would say there is a difference, lab created elements are in the basic form and readily available and organics need to be broken down by microbes for the plant to access the nutrients.

But either way, bottled vs organic my personal experience is pretty much what you posted. No big difference in terms of smoke quality. if I had the space or was outdoors, I would prefer organic as I think some of these "bottled nutrients" can be bad for the environment I'm terms of runoff.
I remember seeing a report somewhere about something used in fertz a while back. Something like the entire town was using it but each rain the runoff would poison their drinking water. Somewhere in Canada I believe it was.

Looks like for once she didn't grow any taller in a 24 hours period. I was able to get my light lifted another 6 inches at least as well. I removed about a grocery plastic bag full of sucker branches and leaves blocking the middle up.

This is this morning when lights come on...
95042768_248164476561401_6983897224530886656_n.jpg

95204128_2530132970582651_406773509335810048_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom