My First Journal: GG#4 In DWC & Soil

I stop at dollar tree about once a week.
My first grow ever before I actually started buying proper equipment, I used Dollar Tree soil, light bulbs, and so on. Let's just say the grow didnt go that well lol. I did get some flower out of it though. I buy trimmers buy the handfuls from there too.

I have been following the Fox Farm Hydro schedule to the T. I have GH Flora series nutes but I did not want to switch midway through the grow and cause problems. I have had my PPM up in the 1400's this past week. She is drinking around a gallon of water a day too. My PPM level has been over 1000 now for about 3 weeks and now I am where the schedule decreases in PPM but the nutes dont change at all. If anything I may keep her where she is for the next 3 weeks and once I hit that final stretch of flower....I can then let that PPM level drop a little and let her leach a little if needed. I just dont want to starve her this early in as I am only about 3 and a half weeks into flowering.
My lights just came on and of coarse I was looking...lol..I'm using the GH flora series/cal/mag/kool bloom. I'm actually thinking mine could use a bit more nutes. My GG plant is getting pale, while the others are just fine but I'm gunna bump it up a touch and see. I have 4 plants in a recirculating system so it's tough when one plant wants more. Next run will be all the same. I'm thinkin..Blood Orange Sorbet. DNA Genetics.

My lights just came on and of coarse I was looking...lol..I'm using the GH flora series/cal/mag/kool bloom. I'm actually thinking mine could use a bit more nutes. My GG plant is getting pale, while the others are just fine but I'm gunna bump it up a touch and see. I have 4 plants in a recirculating system so it's tough when one plant wants more. Next run will be all the same. I'm thinkin..Blood Orange Sorbet. DNA Genetics.
My next run I am doing a same strain run. 4 soil and 4 DWC. I was going to do the same res as I am building a 4 site seperate system for the grow. My GG is eating pretty normal besides a little extra cal-mag. Other then that she's doing great. Fills my entire 3x3 tent easily. It's actually too small for her. This is her today. She is the only plant in there.
95773608_231435554856579_1146702490746486784_n.jpg

My next run I am doing a same strain run. 4 soil and 4 DWC. I was going to do the same res as I am building a 4 site seperate system for the grow. My GG is eating pretty normal besides a little extra cal-mag. Other then that she's doing great. Fills my entire 3x3 tent easily. It's actually too small for her. This is her today. She is the only plant in there.
95773608_231435554856579_1146702490746486784_n.jpg
Very nice, good job.

Very nice, good job.
Thank you. I have always been able to grow in soil. This is my first hydroponic grow and honestly I owe it to the members following along to help. if not for them, I would more then likely would have killed the plant by now. She is looking to be my personal record for heaviest 1 plant harvest.

I recalibrated my Ph pen this morning. I was running about .3 high. Got my Ph now at 6.0 Curious if the lower Ph caused the plant to lockout calcium?....still no visible progression of def.

Yes it’s very possible to lock out calcium if ph is too low.
That's what I am thinking. Looking at the chart I use...I was right around 5.5ish after calibration, it shows that calcium starts to lock out in that area. Now that I am in flower, I am trying to keep the PH on the higher side though in the 6.1 area. According to the hydro bible, I am in a perfect situation too. She's eating and drinking like a horse lol.

5.8-6.2 is a good range for hydro. Good idea to calibrate ph pens often.
I have read, not sure if it's " bro science or proven fact " but I read that it's better to keep the PH in the 5.8-5.9 area in veg but then in 6.0-6.2 range for flower?

Usually my PH starts at 5.8 and rises a bit as the nutes get taking. I've read it's good to let your plants feed as the PH rises, they take different nutes at different PH levels. I try to keep it between 5.7 and 6.3 before I do anything about it. Not sure if this is correct, but the girls dont seem to mind... I think its the same through flower. If Ya find out different, please let me know.

Usually my PH starts at 5.8 and rises a bit as the nutes get taking. I've read it's good to let your plants feed as the PH rises, they take different nutes at different PH levels. I try to keep it between 5.7 and 6.3 before I do anything about it. Not sure if this is correct, but the girls dont seem to mind... I think its the same through flower. If Ya find out different, please let me know.
That’s an excellent way to cover all your bases

Back
Top Bottom