My First Journal: GG#4 In DWC & Soil

Plant has officially touched all sides off the 3x3 tent. Never once had a plant this big and to think she still has a good 1-2 weeks left easily to stretch even more. So that brings me to my current situation....I am running out of room fast and looking for options. I have about 2 inches left of vertical space. I hang my light from the side frame as I get about 3 more inches higher then if I hanged it from the cross bar. I am about 12 inches from the top of the canopy.
93959444_227705741655114_2640616631692165120_n.jpg
94353933_221839245936264_5627792632605310976_n.jpg
93916358_241548690374373_8293654605321994240_n.jpg

In the picture above, the 3rd set of nodes, there's the one stem that has no growth as I removed it because it wasn't hitting the tops. Not even close anyways.....should I leave as is or should I remove it?

Looking great bubs, definitely switch to bloom nutes.

There should be a bar in the middle of the tent, can you zip tie light to the top for more space?
20200325_110715.jpg

Other stuff I do is pinch the stems like crazy. You don't have to bend the branch as pinching alone will slow growth in that stem. I use pinching to slow a big plant, also helps get the lowers up to the canopy.

Also back building helps too but buds are mostly set by then. Still keeps the bud from growing any taller and just gets fat

Looking great bubs, definitely switch to bloom nutes.

There should be a bar in the middle of the tent, can you zip tie light to the top for more space?
20200325_110715.jpg

Other stuff I do is pinch the stems like crazy. You don't have to bend the branch as pinching alone will slow growth in that stem. I use pinching to slow a big plant, also helps get the lowers up to the canopy.

Also back building helps too but buds are mostly set by then. Still keeps the bud from growing any taller and just gets fat
Yea I can probably do that with the light. I dont think it would burn the tent as I have the drivers on the top of the end. I can always add a fan blowing in that direction. I just wanted to see what options I really had. I would rather let her grow without pinching her at all.

*Edit* Now that you say it...I can always use the zip ties to make it shorter and just connect it to the ratchet hangers.

I did a little pinching last night prior to lights out. This morning she was standing straight up again. Pinched her again and bend the stem downwards. Also zip tie the light later today. Going to start uploading some pics of my new setup soon. I got a nice little surprise for you all.

I have bent her down a few times now. Letting her catch up to herself. Bud sites forming. Still growing vertically as well. Almost a gallon a day at this point. Doing great overall. Really starting to fill in the tent.
20200426_123457.jpg
20200426_123433.jpg
20200426_123158.jpg

Your garden is rockin BB
Thanks Penny!!! I am excited to see the DWC plant getting ready to create some fat sticky buds. I never had one plant full an entire 3x3 tent by herself. She should def be my personal best.

I have the drivers on the top of the end.

if it helps -- i am pretty sure you can run the drivers remote on the mars fixtures.

it gains the head room the drivers would occupy -- and lowers the in tent temps. mars kinda run hot for a led, so it could help a bit. i see you've already moved them.

it's just a matter of a longer cord. i've seen some that use simple ac cords - like a computer cord. i'm sure mars has a kit if it's different.

Nice work bubbs! The dwc one looks to have widened up with the pinching? Should be a big harvest for you from all the girls. That love potion looks like its gonna have some fat leaves
Now that I am slowing her dominate stems down....the lower is hitting the tops now so its giving it that full look. It really is hard to get her all in one picture now. Specially the way my tent is....I cant stand to far back in front of it because how its positioned. The Love Potion #69 has very shorter but wide and rounder leaves. More indica dominate for now anyways. She is showing to be a heavy feeder too. She has taken to her up potting well though. Very minimal recovery time.

Back
Top Bottom