My First Outdoor/In Ground Grow

Lookin good Terrapin. Good luck buddy. Man I was just watching Keller Williams and the grateful gospel. Can't wait for the Jubile.

Thanks man! Otherwise you're preaching to the choir. What a great evening, Donna's killing it on Sirius now in a subdued way.

Have to love channel 23 :)

That bees you have on the back 40 there??

Plants are looking happy! I was thinking of popping some outdoor seeds but I have enough going on as it is. 1 grow at a time for me this year. Maybe next summer :)

Also, I noticed a typo above . . . .my experience with Barton was not a spiritual "conversation" but with Dew it was a spiritual conversion. If it wasn't for this dew I wouldn't be a deadhead now. ☮️🕉️

@Ramblinrose1965

Also, I noticed a typo above . . . .my experience with Barton was not a spiritual "conversation" but with Dew it was a spiritual conversion. If it wasn't for this dew I wouldn't be a deadhead now. ☮️🕉️

@Ramblinrose1965
US blues did it for me many many moons ago.

And look at this May of 77’ on 23 now

IMG_2964.png

Don't have Sirius
I use Spotify and deadhead archives.
I must say Sirius has a great GD station. I particularly like David Lemieux‘s This day in Grateful Dead history. He is the official GD archivist and breaks each show down in a great way IMO.

Oh and this eyes is the fast version :)

I must say Sirius has a great GD station. I particularly like David Lemieux‘s This day in Grateful Dead history. He is the official GD archivist and breaks each show down in a great way IMO.

Oh and this eyes is the fast version :)
When I did have sirius.....loved the this day in gd history with David L. Loved tales from the Golden Road too.

I can’t handle that show LOL those guys have sooooo much patience! I like the idea behind it, just gets a little well to hippy for me haha.

If you have access to deadhead archives look this show up. Audio quality is great and the band is all on point.

5.22.77 Pembroke Pines FL
Loving the Peggy-o on this show

Jerry's voice

I can’t handle that show LOL those guys have sooooo much patience! I like the idea behind it, just gets a little well to hippy for me haha.

If you have access to deadhead archives look this show up. Audio quality is great and the band is all on point.

5.22.77 Pembroke Pines FL
Is that a dicks picks???lol

While gathering what I need for this next grow I took some inspiration from you, @Terrapin Station , and decided I was going to run autos in store bought organic soil much like you did. I chose something a little more in line with weed soil mixes. Kelloggs Patio Plus Premium. It has aged recycled forest products, aged rice hulls, composted poultry manure, perlite, peat moss, hydrolyzed feather meal, dehydrated poultry manure, dolomite & oyster shell limes (as pH adjusters), bat guano, kelp meal, worm castings. I made sure it has no "time release" agents in it.

The "aged recycled forest products" are going to be mostly peat and ground up wood chips for higher water retention and faster drainage without having to use as much perlite as perlite is more expensive than wood chips. Using this product, I would normally add perlite to reduce the water retaining qualities of the soil, like you did with the MG soil, and increase the drainage and O² availability but I want to see how these "wood chips" perform. My only con would be in its reuse. After a grow I would imagine a lot of the wood chips will have broken down and the soil will be siltier make it compact more and reduce O² availability so it's kind of a one and done soil good for spreading into the outdoor garden to break down and release whatever salts are left in it into the ground. The Roots Organic soils are high coir based soils so you can reuse them as the coir doesn't break down readily like the wood chips will.

I also picked up bottles of both Alaska Fish Emulsion and Morbloom. Still need to order a bottle of cal/mag.

In any case, I'll start up a journal. I want to see what results come from someone that has a general idea of how to grow weed using budget everything in regard to media and nutrient. Can someone with adequate grow skills grow with the same abundance as they can with cannabis specific media and nutrition. Can I manipulate the shortcomings of both media and nutrition and still yield like I typically do?

The 2 x 2 I have is a no name cheap chinese tent much like most beginners would buy. I think I paid $30 for it. The light will also be a non major brand light, chinese made, again, like most beginners would pick up other than the ViparSpectra XS1500Pro that I won in a raffle. In other words, everything like a beginner would more than likely use.

It's a little unfair as I got to go through it with you so I know what's coming but maybe the journal can help some other beginners get around some of the issues they're going to encounter with this type of setup and be able to get to harvest on a shoestring.

While gathering what I need for this next grow I took some inspiration from you, @Terrapin Station , and decided I was going to run autos in store bought organic soil much like you did. I chose something a little more in line with weed soil mixes. Kelloggs Patio Plus Premium. It has aged recycled forest products, aged rice hulls, composted poultry manure, perlite, peat moss, hydrolyzed feather meal, dehydrated poultry manure, dolomite & oyster shell limes (as pH adjusters), bat guano, kelp meal, worm castings. I made sure it has no "time release" agents in it.

The "aged recycled forest products" are going to be mostly peat and ground up wood chips for higher water retention and faster drainage without having to use as much perlite as perlite is more expensive than wood chips. Using this product, I would normally add perlite to reduce the water retaining qualities of the soil, like you did with the MG soil, and increase the drainage and O² availability but I want to see how these "wood chips" perform. My only con would be in its reuse. After a grow I would imagine a lot of the wood chips will have broken down and the soil will be siltier make it compact more and reduce O² availability so it's kind of a one and done soil good for spreading into the outdoor garden to break down and release whatever salts are left in it into the ground. The Roots Organic soils are high coir based soils so you can reuse them as the coir doesn't break down readily like the wood chips will.

I also picked up bottles of both Alaska Fish Emulsion and Morbloom. Still need to order a bottle of cal/mag.

In any case, I'll start up a journal. I want to see what results come from someone that has a general idea of how to grow weed using budget everything in regard to media and nutrient. Can someone with adequate grow skills grow with the same abundance as they can with cannabis specific media and nutrition. Can I manipulate the shortcomings of both media and nutrition and still yield like I typically do?

The 2 x 2 I have is a no name cheap chinese tent much like most beginners would buy. I think I paid $30 for it. The light will also be a non major brand light, chinese made, again, like most beginners would pick up other than the ViparSpectra XS1500Pro that I won in a raffle. In other words, everything like a beginner would more than likely use.

It's a little unfair as I got to go through it with you so I know what's coming but maybe the journal can help some other beginners get around some of the issues they're going to encounter with this type of setup and be able to get to harvest on a shoestring.

Wow, that's Very Cool!!

I had such a a good experience using my cocktail that you designed, I'm planning to use it in my outdoor grow as well. That's great that you picked up some MoreBloom and Alaska Fish Emulsion.

I checked out the Patio Plus soil, it looks great, especially for $9.00 for 1.5 cu. ft. 👍

Along the lines of what you wrote above, I'm doing an experiment with my 3 ten gallon grow bags (remember I'm the guy who has to see first hand) lol.

One bag has 100% Lush, another has 100% MG (believe it or not), and the third bag is 1 part Lush, 1 part MG, 1 part used Lush, 1/2 part garden soil and 1/3 part coir. I think this will make for a good side by side comparison.

I'm totally looking forward to following your new journal!

IMG_20240513_094242007_HDR.jpg

Well to keep my track record intact with an element of chaos in all of my grows . . . I just remembered these 5 Lisa's are all regular seeds. I remember thinking it would teach me how to sex plants when I ordered them.
IMG_20240513_195350934.jpg

The white widows and the OG Kush planted over in the shakedown garden are all feminized.

But, I don't know if these are male or female yet. 🤦‍♂️ But at least I'm enjoying the ride. 😂☮️

On the one hand we have thunderstorms moving in an it's like wish me luck with my young plants; but, on the other hand it's like if these were tomato plants I just set out I would be welcoming the nourishing rain from Nature and not give a second thought to the wind and storm elements. It's funny how I feel the need to baby weed. So far it seems to be weed flourishes and is built to last for outdoor sunshine and everything outside so far. ☮️🕉️

@Ramblinrose1965 Just for the record, I moved my container plants up to the back porch where I'm sitting now under the glow of the back porch light surrounded by my Beautiful silent companions and Jerry on the JBLs. . . And as it turns out growing weed outside is 100x more addictive than growing inside. Consider yourself warned. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom