My First RDWC Organic Indoor Tent Grow, LED Lights, Pineapple Express & Money Bush

Re: My First RDWC Organic Indoor Tent Grow - LED Lights - Pineapple Express & Money B

Hey Guage Steel, thanks for tagging along. My problem with temps at the moment is due to the location of my tent. It's in my small walk in closet temporarily while the room both of my tents will finally be in is in remodel mode. I should be able to move this tent out of the closet and into its final spot in about a week. Then I won't have as much of an issue. I am going to wrap all my bucket today with an insulated reflective material and I am sure that will help too. My tent was running right at 80 until yesterday when the outdoor temp got above 70....then it started to climb above 85 to 87, and my water temp got up to 77 from 72. With the tent being in that small walk in closet, the vent fan was pulling hot air out into the closet and raising the room temp and the tent temp. I moved the fan and carbon filter outside the closet and that helped a little bit too. I will move that 1 Pineapple Express out of the GH waterfarm bucket when I set up my second tent. That was just a temporary move to get all 6 of my plants going. I'm kinda impatient... :-D . Ultimately, I will have 2 tents with 3 plants each (3 PE and 3 Money Bush) plus the controller buckets, but I am also going to try to move the controller buckets outside the tents when I make that move as well. I'm going to have to do a bit of a test on that as the holes in the tent are not at ground level, so worried that the pump / drain may be a problem with the hoses going through a hole that is a foot off the ground. My pump is supposed to be able to handle a 7 foot rise, but the drain is what I am worried about on that. Will test first, and if no problem, the controllers will be outside the tents for sure. I just wish I could have found a tent with at least one hole at ground level. All this should also help keep the water temp down. I have a 6 inch fan in there, it's just not in the pictures. After I have both tents up I will have more space in each tent and will add an extra fan if needed... I got my seeds from Herbies in the UK. I soaked them for about a half a day and put them in rapid rooters. I had 100% germination within a few days and am very happy about that. It seems like a lot of folks lose some at each germination so I guess I am just lucky there....

Re: My First RDWC Organic Indoor Tent Grow - LED Lights - Pineapple Express & Money B

Have you got enough head room in the tents to elevate the grow buckets a foot so they'll drain outside to the reservoir bucket?

Well, for the Money Bush plants probably, but not the Pineapple Express, they get pretty tall...I'm hoping the suction pressure from the pump will do it, but not sure. I may just cut a hole for the drain line and seal it up good for light retention.... I am wrapping all the buckets with reflective material right now while do a water change, so that actually may be enough to get me by...

Well, damn, I just changed out my water, added a 3rd bucket to the RDWC in my tent for the 3rd Money Bush. Turns out, my pen style PH meter was way off and my PH was too low at 4.5. My new Nutridip GrowBoss setup helped me solve that after I calibrated it all and installed it. Much better, and a must have item for RDWC. Those damn pens are not reliable.... Will upload new pics later this evening.

Ok, now that all the Money Bush plants are sorted and the tent / RDWC system tweaked, my PH is 5.8 instead of 4.5...so that should help... These MB are supposed to be able to take a lot of nutes, up to an EC of 2.0, so I am going to start giving them more.... Water tmp is down to 73 from 77, will throw a few ice bottles in for now, but will buy an iceprobe on Monday. I think that will give me enough cooling for the water without the hassles of a chiller, and less power used... Also went ahead and went full spectrum on my LED lights today instead of just the grow spectrum...way brighter now...wow...

Here are a few pics of the updates...

DSC0016218.jpg

DSC0016617.jpg

DSC0016511.jpg

DSC0016414.jpg

DSC0016316.jpg

Ok, now that all the Money Bush plants are sorted and the tent / RDWC system tweaked, my PH is 5.8 instead of 4.5...so that should help... These MB are supposed to be able to take a lot of nutes, up to an EC of 2.0, so I am going to start giving them more.... Water tmp is down to 73 from 77, will throw a few ice bottles in for now, but will buy an iceprobe on Monday. I think that will give me enough cooling for the water without the hassles of a chiller, and less power used... Also went ahead and went full spectrum on my LED lights today instead of just the grow spectrum...way brighter now...wow...

Here are a few pics of the updates...

DSC0016218.jpg

DSC0016617.jpg

DSC0016511.jpg

DSC0016414.jpg

DSC0016316.jpg
Looks great. Have fun.

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Thanks, it's getting there. It scared me this morning when the water temp was 77 and I could see a little bit of brown scum starting...that's why I tore it down and insulated the buckets before that got out of control.... much better now.

Thanks, it's getting there. It scared me this morning when the water temp was 77 and I could see a little bit of brown scum starting...that's why I tore it down and insulated the buckets before that got out of control.... much better now.
Are you using a beneficial enzyme?

I'm using Z7, but with that much heat it doesn't seem to matter.

I'm using Z7, but with that much heat it doesn't seem to matter.
I have had my plants at 75-78 for 4 days after having to move my grow. Did fine with z7. Really cold during that week and I had to use heaters to keep the girls warm which in turn made my system more of a forced air furnace than a grow cabinet.

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if it was a combo of the heat and the low PH that caused the brown scum then....not just the heat...

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if it was a combo of the heat and the low PH that caused the brown scum then....not just the heat...
I'm going to bet it's from your Hydroton. If you don't do a super duper wash your balls you will get red or brown dust in your system that will show up as a scum line when you clean. Dude your plants look great. I really like what you are doing. Don't worry, keep the door closed have a toke blow out smoke and congratulate yourself on the most difficult part of growing MJ. It's all just just voyerism from here on out.
Don't be in a hurry. 4 weeks of veg (28 days) 9-12 weeks in flower (63-84 days). That is a minum of 91 days. You can't make em grow faster but you can make em grow slower and or kill em every day.

Great Job!

Anybody have any thoughts on the best training method for these Money Bush plants? They are supposed to be short, bushy Indica's with a very high calyx to leaf ratio. Max height is supposed to be about 1 meter (39") and they claim to yield 600 - 800gr per sq meter... being so short and bushy, not sure there is a need to do much other than let em grow and do some defoliation....

Just for fun I downloaded an app to measure LUX of my LED lights. A single Mars Hydro Reflector 192 (415W draw) shows a LUX of 37.2k when held at plant level.... The Mars Hydro 192 and 96 (207W draw)combined in my tent show a LUX of 52.4k LUX....wonder how that compares to an HID light....

After a little google research, it seems that with my Mars Hydro Reflector series lights, the advertised output is spot on... Mars Hydro claims the 192 is a 450W HID Replacement and the smaller 96 is a 250W HID replacement. Based on the LUX numbers I got, that is right on the money... The advantage being less heat and electricity than HID....very pleased....

Quick update with pics for day 21 from germination. The Money Bush are looking pretty good even though the sizes vary wildly.

My Pineapple Express are not looking as good. Seem to be really slow starters.... I hope they take off soon.

I'd like to hear some opinions on when you all start counting Day 1 Week 1 for feeding purposes. I have read a lot of different things, but seems the most common is once there are 3 or 4 sets of real leaves.... Opinions?

Pineapple Express 3

PE312.jpg

Pineapple Express 2

PE219.jpg

Pineapple Express 1

PE122.jpg

Money Bush 3

MB312.jpg

Money Bush 2

MB223.jpg

Money Bush 1 -- Best looking one of the bunch....

MB126.jpg

I fed mine 1/8th nutes while they were seedlings. Still had seed leaves on them. Five days later I went to half nutes. 10 days I was full.

That's pretty much what I did, but I think mine are all environment issues. My water temp is too high, ordered a chiller....should help....

Hey Adamblues! Those money bush plants are looking so nice!!! The PE ones look good too, but they are definitely more of a sativa strain than an indica strain, so I wouldn't be concerned about the growth differences.

Regarding your question, I was wondering the same thing today. I decided I was going to count Day 1 as the day the seed poked out of the soil/rapid rooter/rockwool, etc. and displayed the first two leaves (the cotyledons). What I did in my last grow was to feed about 1/8 of the recommended nutes for the first week, since the seedling still has most of it's original internal nutes.

That seemed to work fine. My current grow I'm using Advanced Nutrients and they recommend 1/4 strength of nutes for the first week of seedlings.

Back
Top Bottom