My god the smell!

judimax

Ok, I am totally new here I have grown my first plant..My son says I was just plain lucky.. I started it in late Jan and have now cut some of it's buds off to dry.. but my god the smell ..it is all thru our house. The mail man came by and ask if we had a skunk in our house lol.. I about died..Thank God i have my licence to grow..
I just hope I dry them right..I have them on a cookie sheet
and will turn them each day by picking them up by the stems,my question is I left the plant in the pot with some buds still on it small ones and I wonder if I can keep it growing and maybe get a new crop either this year or next year..I do that with my pepper plants I have had one of them for 5 years I get a beautiful crop must of the year
Any suggestions?? When I figure out how to add pictures I will post some..

Re: My god the smell !!

You can "double bud" the plant. Put it back in vegative growth for a couple weeks then back to flower. Clip all the remaining buds first if they are ripe.

:passitleft:

Re: My god the smell !!

Oh good...Well I know you said to cut the little buds off,but I was hoping I could leave them on..I will let you know what happens. THANK YOU
JUDI

Re: My god the smell !

Ok, I am totally new here I have grown my first plant..My son says I was just plain lucky.. I started it in late Jan and have now cut some of it's buds off to dry.. but my god the smell ..it is all thru our house. The mail man came by and ask if we had a skunk in our house lol.. I about died..

OMG, I would have killed myself laughing, too. I think I would have laughed for hours.

my question is I left the plant in the pot with some buds still on it small ones and I wonder if I can keep it growing and maybe get a new crop either this year or next year.

You can do that for sure. Next time though, my suggestion would be to take clones. Re-veging a plant is ok, but it takes time to re acclimate the plant to the new light schedules... ;-)

Re: My god the smell !

for smell they have new light bulbs that help and you always have candles and insents lol

If someone can smell things, take it as a warning and find a way to stop it quickly. He could actually know what it is but give you false security by playing dumb. Dont assume anything.-bd

^ ^ she said she was legal to grow..all in all...some buds do stink but try to find a charcoal filter or something of the sort and that will help as well..

What you need is a carbon filter. I use organic air, but many brands work fine. It needs a in-line duck fan to force air through, just having it running in the same room will do the job. The filters last about 6 months.

It's not just your place, it sticks to your clothing so people will be able to smell it on you if you don't fix it. Even if you are legal it's still too tempting for thieves.

Judimax leave some small bud on it will reveg through the bud. and like Ms. Fox said it'll take some time. Once it reveges use it as a mon and clone the heck out of her.. and on and on and on...

Was the smell from the grow or the trim/drying of the buds. When im harvesting, my entire house reeks of bud, so bad that after a day or 2 my wife recons the smell makes her feel sick. I know it sounds strange but what do you? She can sit and trim for upto 4 hours so i just try keep her happy.

Judimax,

This may help you a bit. If you have harvested. leave the bottom 3 or 4 branches, these generally have the highest amount of sugars, reintroduce the amount of light, if outdoors this may be spring, or if indoors, to about 18-24 hrs. To encourage the new growth, start on a high nitrogen fertiliser, spray is best. I am not sure if this will help, but I have an outdoor plant that is 3 years old and still provides me with a smoke.

If you want to rid yourself of the smell go to your local hydroponic grow store or order online; and get a Carbon -filter w/ fan atleast 600 cfm.

Back
Top Bottom