My Journal Shenanigans

DreaminDemon

420 Member
Welcome

Long-time lurker finally joining the crowd. Just looking forward to getting my journals going and helping however I can. So, with that all said, let's meet the genetics.

Strains:
Sugarcane by In House Genetics
Suga King by In House Genetics
OMFG by In House Genetics
Grease Monkey x Hazy Lady by Thug Pug
Mac Stomper by Sunken Treasures.

Plans:
3 of the 5 strains are fems while the last 2 are regs. I plan on dropping 2 each of the fems and 3 each of the regs. These will all be grown in a soil medium. I usually like to veg my plants 8-10 weeks prior to putting in flower. Topping and training will be be performed along with various times of defoliation. I preferably like to start off in solo cups, moving up to 1 gallon pots and finally over to final 5 gallon pots. I have 2 different growing areas (flower & veg) so once I get the ladies into flower, a new lineup of seeds will then be dropped.

Equipment:
Considering the fact there are 2 different grow areas, the equipment in each area does not change too much. Both veg and flower areas are both lit under LED lights. Each light is a DIY Samsung diode strip light set with the flowering area getting 2 of them and veg has one of them. The lights were built respectively for their purpose. This means, my flowering light was built for flowering ONLY while my veg light was built for veg only. The soil of choice for this grow will be Roots Organic soil and the nutrients will be General Hydroponics Flora Series.

Germination Method: I have used nearly every way possible to germinate seeds. The way I feel most comfortable with is filling a cup with water and dropping the seeds in their respected cup. I try not to move these cups past this point. My goal is to keep the seed floating on the top of the water as long as possible. Normally, 24-72 hours afterwards, the seed has cracked open with the tap root showing. Into the Solo cup they go. If a seed does sink, I then use a plate and soaked paper towels but this is ONLY if the seed sinks.

Topping & Training:
I like to top after the 4th node and before the 5th node. I also leave the first node alone and if any clones need to be taken, this is where I take them from. If not cloning, I remove node 1 completely. After topping, each new node growing will then be topped once as well. I like to use binder clips and yarn but lately have been liking bender clips.

Overall Consensus:
I will be keeping a pretty detailed journal. If I use it, I will note it. If I change something, it will be noted. Everything I do, right down to the water being used for seedlings will be documented. I will try to upload a weekly picture set on a specific day of the week so we can truly see the progress from the prior week. Temps and humidity levels will be documented with just about anything else involved with the grow or journal.

If this is for you, tag along and enjoy the grow. Please, at any time jump in and ask or offer any advice. Thanks for stopping in!!!

Welcome

Long-time lurker finally joining the crowd. Just looking forward to getting my journals going and helping however I can. So, with that all said, let's meet the genetics.

Strains:
Sugarcane by In House Genetics
Suga King by In House Genetics
OMFG by In House Genetics
Grease Monkey x Hazy Lady by Thug Pug
Mac Stomper by Sunken Treasures.

Plans:
3 of the 5 strains are fems while the last 2 are regs. I plan on dropping 2 each of the fems and 3 each of the regs. These will all be grown in a soil medium. I usually like to veg my plants 8-10 weeks prior to putting in flower. Topping and training will be be performed along with various times of defoliation. I preferably like to start off in solo cups, moving up to 1 gallon pots and finally over to final 5 gallon pots. I have 2 different growing areas (flower & veg) so once I get the ladies into flower, a new lineup of seeds will then be dropped.

Equipment:
Considering the fact there are 2 different grow areas, the equipment in each area does not change too much. Both veg and flower areas are both lit under LED lights. Each light is a DIY Samsung diode strip light set with the flowering area getting 2 of them and veg has one of them. The lights were built respectively for their purpose. This means, my flowering light was built for flowering ONLY while my veg light was built for veg only. The soil of choice for this grow will be Roots Organic soil and the nutrients will be General Hydroponics Flora Series.

Germination Method: I have used nearly every way possible to germinate seeds. The way I feel most comfortable with is filling a cup with water and dropping the seeds in their respected cup. I try not to move these cups past this point. My goal is to keep the seed floating on the top of the water as long as possible. Normally, 24-72 hours afterwards, the seed has cracked open with the tap root showing. Into the Solo cup they go. If a seed does sink, I then use a plate and soaked paper towels but this is ONLY if the seed sinks.

Topping & Training:
I like to top after the 4th node and before the 5th node. I also leave the first node alone and if any clones need to be taken, this is where I take them from. If not cloning, I remove node 1 completely. After topping, each new node growing will then be topped once as well. I like to use binder clips and yarn but lately have been liking bender clips.

Overall Consensus:
I will be keeping a pretty detailed journal. If I use it, I will note it. If I change something, it will be noted. Everything I do, right down to the water being used for seedlings will be documented. I will try to upload a weekly picture set on a specific day of the week so we can truly see the progress from the prior week. Temps and humidity levels will be documented with just about anything else involved with the grow or journal.

If this is for you, tag along and enjoy the grow. Please, at any time jump in and ask or offer any advice. Thanks for stopping in!!!
Impressive I'm in

While this is not apart of my journal, I do have other plants in various stages. Here's a look at some of my newest sprouts.

9 LB Hammer by Jinxproof. Various strains by In House Genetics and many more.

233659232_1034772937276457_474847814865652502_n.jpg

I kill four at a time - I can’t imagine the carnage that would ensue with THAT kinda nursery - awesome spread of genetics!
It keeps me busy and in the garden. My passion so it's not really work in my eyes. I am extremely picky when it comes to my strains. Honestly, there's a great chance many of those won't even make it to flower. I run 3 veg tents and 2 flower rooms. One of the tents however, is more for my males and any breeding projects I find myself in.

While we wait on the sprouts,
Nice start to your grow journal @DreaminDemon

That's a lot of tents and strains to deal with, I'm in for the ride. Do you have a dab bar? :rofl:

I hope your males don't pollenate you females. Are they in separate areas or just separate tents?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
No dab bar but one can easily be invented here lol. I have been doing this for some time now. The male tent is on the opposite end of the building and on a completely different floor. I rarely keep males around but when I do, I at least have a place for them to go without worrying of possible pollination on my main grows.

Many of us on here would love to have that much area to grow.
I bet. It's a blessing and a curse. If I had a smaller grow area, my plants would more then likely be in terrible shape because I would try to do too much for them as I'd have idled hands. If that makes sense. Glad you stopped in though, seeds are going to be sprouting and we should have this grow started shortly.

Back
Top Bottom