420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By CigNv

Me too, weather up here can be so unpredictable sometimes. Harvest last year got snowed on in early October. It also pretty much rained, if it wasn't snowing, from mid September to the end of October. This year has been the complete opposite.

They will get their last feeding this weekend then just some water and a few sprayings of SNS244C to the end. I did three full treatments of the Safers like you recommended and have not see any thrips, aphids, or spider mites since. Still plenty of lady bugs too to help clean up any that I dont see.

It would appear I've over looked this cool looking journal.

Back to page 1 to checking out the lighting & training method to get to get those yields :green_heart:
What's sad is I was watching early on and got so displaced mentally I forgot to come back. All caught up now!

Man... so sorry @CigNv for not getting back here. Feeling foolish. Incredible harvest! Love those recent shots of the outdoor garden! Looks glorious!

I'm doing a staggered harvest with my outdoor GSC #8. Probably taking her down the rest of the way this weekend. Not sure yet. Got a couple of hot dry days and it has halted the mold for now. Want her to mature for as long as possible.

No worries! Glad you found your way back around. I need to get caught up on everyone's journals as well.

I am glad I let my indoor ones go 70 days. Probably a bit over done for most tastes, but a good couch lock and great nights sleep with how long I let them go.

Day 182 outside. After almost an entire week of on and off rain and cool temperatures, it looks like the bud rot has started to creep in. With at least a few more days of rain expected and the tester bud I had last night which was pretty good, today will be harvest day. Would liked to have given them one more week, but I am sure the bud rot will get into it all by then.

20211009_133008.jpg

20211009_133042.jpg

So are these the last of your girls, CigNv? Did you know that there's a microbe solution that can be used preventatively for bud rot?

Yes, these are the last of what I have from the original seeds. I do have a mother (from #4, the only original clone I got to root) and now a few clones from her going, but was not planning to detail them here.

I use SNS244C applied 2-3 times a week to help keep Bud rot and powdery mildew at bay, but this last week had been nothing but rain and cold (below 60F most nights) almost constantly and the SNS244C kept getting washed away. The plants being constantly wet, cool temps, rain an hour or two every 24 hours, and not much air circulation gave the bud rot an opportunity to take hold in a few spots. I can see a few colas that will be completely trash, but it is only a few at this point. So since the weather is expected to be the same for the next week, instead of letting it spread even more, they will get chopped now.

Yes, these are the last of what I have from the original seeds. I do have a mother (from #4, the only original clone I got to root) and now a few clones from her going, but was not planning to detail them here.

I use SNS244C applied 2-3 times a week to help keep Bud rot and powdery mildew at bay, but this last week had been nothing but rain and cold (below 60F most nights) almost constantly and the SNS244C kept getting washed away. The plants being constantly wet, cool temps, rain an hour or two every 24 hours, and not much air circulation gave the bud rot an opportunity to take hold in a few spots. I can see a few colas that will be completely trash, but it is only a few at this point. So since the weather is expected to be the same for the next week, instead of letting it spread even more, they will get chopped now.
Good call!

So are these the last of your girls, CigNv? Did you know that there's a microbe solution that can be used preventatively for bud rot?

What is the microbe solution? I have tried many things to keep powdery mildew and botrytis at bay, and have had the best results with SNS244C so far, but always willing to give other things a try. It is incredibly common here, especially in the late months when it is constantly raining or just wet. Never enough sun in between to dry anything out either. Seriously thinking of covering my outdoor area with clear panels next spring.

Thanks @BakedARea , the bud rot is a bit worse than I thought too after getting about half of my outdoor down and hanging. Still have the three GSC and 2 Skunks left to go. Going to be a late night. Really should have harvested last week if I had noticed how bad the weather was going to be this past week.

What is the microbe solution? I have tried many things to keep powdery mildew and botrytis at bay, and have had the best results with SNS244C so far, but always willing to give other things a try. It is incredibly common here, especially in the late months when it is constantly raining or just wet. Never enough sun in between to dry anything out either. Seriously thinking of covering my outdoor area with clear panels next spring.

Hi Cig.

@Bode mentioned it on StoneOtter's journal. Here's the link:

Dark Matter, Red Sky, Chunky Cherry Thai, BP Skunk In LOS

Thanks, @HashGirl, another trick to add in. Looks like they are propagating the leaf mold and bacteria and adding it to the soil and leaves to help give them more natural immunity. Might need to give it a try next year.

Yeah, I told Bode that we would also have to try it next year, too. It's heartbreaking seeing colas decimated by bud rot.

All but #10 is down and hanging. Just didn't have enough daylight to get them all done (along with the 8 others outdoor). One very large, but sad, surprise. A very good percentage, maybe 75% or more, got tossed. Not so much due to the bud rot, there was some, but not too horrible, but to aphids. I am not sure if it is the strain, or the fact that these there were my biggest plants and I couldn't reach them well enough inside for spraying, but there were places that were just packed full. Surprising since I seen so few up until I got to these.

On a bright note I did find one seed in #9 and 4 seeds in #11, so I will have something to play with at a later date. No idea how they got there since I never saw any hermi flowers. Maybe something in the area? Who knows, I will pop them anyway and see what happens.

It's heartbreaking seeing colas decimated by bud rot.
Ohhh my...it is a horrifying sight. It starts with some severely wilted leaves. Before you know it, the cola is taken over. It sucks!
All but #10 is down and hanging. Just didn't have enough daylight to get them all done (along with the 8 others outdoor). One very large, but sad, surprise. A very good percentage, maybe 75% or more, got tossed. Not so much due to the bud rot, there was some, but not too horrible, but to aphids. I am not sure if it is the strain, or the fact that these there were my biggest plants and I couldn't reach them well enough inside for spraying, but there were places that were just packed full. Surprising since I seen so few up until I got to these.

On a bright note I did find one seed in #9 and 4 seeds in #11, so I will have something to play with at a later date. No idea how they got there since I never saw any hermi flowers. Maybe something in the area? Who knows, I will pop them anyway and see what happens.
Sorry about all the loss. I will have to sat that the consistent SNS209 foliar treatments have kept almost all munching bugs away, except the caterpillars. I get heavy pest pressure on my gardens with all the veggies and flowers. I don't use pesticides on those so I have to rely on keeping them healthy. The cannabis plants get all the expensive treatments though.

I keep saying...next year this and next year that with my outdoor plants.

I just can't figure out how growers up north get such huge beautiful buds without mold and mildew all over them. Or caterpillars?! How do they deal with those demons from hell?

Anyway...I feel your pain of losing a large % of potential harvests.

The plants look great but I'm sorry to hear about the loss to rot and pests. It really seems to be all over the outside grows this year. A couple of seeds will put a smile on your face, but a whole bunch is a bunch too many!

I can really see why having the plants penned in like that would make pest and PM control really tough. Fewer plants with more airflow and room for you to get in there might let you get a bigger harvest in the end (with less to toss next) year.

Oh, for PM I use 1% citric acid spray (works where nothing else does), and for aphids I use Safers insect killing soap (potassium salts of fatty acids) that I spray on first thing in the morning (to avoid wet pistils in the sun and fast evaporation) and then rinse it off the following morning. Safe in flower!

@InTheShed you and I have probably chatted about this before. I must again ask for forgiveness for my memory. But what is the process you do to get your 1% Citric Acid solution? Do you make a concentrated solution with the powder and then dilute that before usage? Or just dilute it as needed from the powder form? Thanks!

I've been wanting to try this but for whatever reason I haven't done it yet?! I think I've been reading you tell people about this for at least the past 3 seasons since I've joined here. *head slap*

Here is the recipe Baked, and you can scale it up or down based on how much you need:
5g food grade citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

I've gotten some questions on the pipette drops of soap, so I measured what that works out to for a 1500ml batch: just under 1ml soap for 1500ml of water. I don't make any less but you can do the math. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom