My Mini CFL Grow - CBD Critical Mass & Painkiller XL

Subbed super curious about the strains and still learning about growing in general. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Archiweedies,
They're doing pretty nice, I'm still learning too. My first was indoors with a very nice setup, hps light, tent and the whole works
and it turned out great. Another outdoors did great also but was a few years back, both very high THC levels, which my tolerance
level is a bit low.
So I decided to flip the coin over and look into the healing qualities and CBD...which offer a completely different perspective.
Anyways, thanks for the interest and feel free to follow my journey.
Have a great one, Cheers!!

Journal and grow update. I've been racking my brain and searching all the threads I could find about issues with my Painkiller XL, fortunately I've found a few journals with the somewhat the same strain 'problems' but not as for advanced as mine. They all seem to happen at the same time of the flowering phase. It started with the old fan leaves turning yellow and within a week it crept up the plant real fast. I water every 5 days when needed and at about 1/3 feeding strength which that probably didn't help.

Pics are from day 28 of 12/12 flip, 17 days into flowering. Watered yesterday at day 30 with full feed schedule Bloom 11ml, CaMg 6ml, BioBud 6 ml and Marine 6 ml per 4 litres of tap water. Also screwed up the light cycle twice, yep, I seem to care more about my mistakes since it's getting closer the harvest. I didn't interrupt the dark cycle, but it received 10 1/2 once and 11 1/2 dark periods.

It hasn't seemed to affect the Critical Mass at all, it's all green and the flowers are growing but I'm sure the end result will be greatly reduced for both PK and CM and CFL's. So before flushing or adding only CaMg I decided to go with the full feed and wait a few days for improvement. I went through all the possibilities including light screw up, soil temperature (placing the thermostat close to the bucket) since it gets colder at night and the temp is at about 18-19C at night and 22-24C during the day and 30-40% humidity, lockout or Ph the water. So I'll wait a few days and consider a flush or Ph down if no improvement seen. I didn't Ph my water since the "Organic" nutes noted that it wasn't necessary, but it may be a bit to alkaline.
20170213_134825.jpg
20170213_134630.jpg
20170213_134554.jpg
20170215_092049.jpg

20170213_134742.jpg

Critical Mass

Journal and grow update. I've been racking my brain and searching all the threads I could find about issues with my Painkiller XL, fortunately I've found a few journals with the somewhat the same strain 'problems' but not as for advanced as mine. They all seem to happen at the same time of the flowering phase. It started with the old fan leaves turning yellow and within a week it crept up the plant real fast. I water every 5 days when needed and at about 1/3 feeding strength which that probably didn't help.

Pics are from day 28 of 12/12 flip, 17 days into flowering. Watered yesterday at day 30 with full feed schedule Bloom 11ml, CaMg 6ml, BioBud 6 ml and Marine 6 ml per 4 litres of tap water. Also screwed up the light cycle twice, yep, I seem to care more about my mistakes since it's getting closer the harvest. I didn't interrupt the dark cycle, but it received 10 1/2 once and 11 1/2 dark periods.

It hasn't seemed to affect the Critical Mass at all, it's all green and the flowers are growing but I'm sure the end result will be greatly reduced for both PK and CM and CFL's. So before flushing or adding only CaMg I decided to go with the full feed and wait a few days for improvement. I went through all the possibilities including light screw up, soil temperature (placing the thermostat close to the bucket) since it gets colder at night and the temp is at about 18-19C at night and 22-24C during the day and 30-40% humidity, lockout or Ph the water. So I'll wait a few days and consider a flush or Ph down if no improvement seen. I didn't Ph my water since the "Organic" nutes noted that it wasn't necessary, but it may be a bit to alkaline.
20170213_134825.jpg
20170213_134630.jpg
20170213_134554.jpg
20170215_092049.jpg

20170213_134742.jpg

Critical Mass

Did you measure the run off pH ? That should I've you an idea if the soil is at the right ph and effectively the roots.

I'm no pro by any means. But recently had an issue that I couldn't figure out. And ended up measuring that the run off what gave me an idea what could be the problem.
In my case pH was a bit too low. My tap water is at nearly 7pH so decided to run LOADS of water through each plant until the runoff was somehow closer to 6.5. It's a radical move, but it seems to help.

In my case, I might have also Nitrogen toxicity slightly, so stopped one of the bloom bites that had a little of N in it and that seems to be helping too.

Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey 9lastic, thanks for the reply, certainly helps. I'll check the soil Ph and runoff of my next watering. I also thought also could be a high demand for N, I relied on the soil, but I step up in the bloom with all bloom nutes. I'll be watching closely for the next few days.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom