My plan for this season

Alpine...nice work....would like to hear how that hg is with a smoke report...computer supposed to be fixed on wed..then mabey I can chat some more....good luck till I get it fixed..

The bug you have pictured there is a "Spittle Bug or Spit Bug" they are common throughout N. America.
I have them where I am, when I see one on a plant of mine... I just smash them. They aren't really a problem for MJ that I know of, I see lots in my field and none usually on my plants!

Description
Adult spit bugs are shaped like small frogs and can hop hence being dubbed froghoppers. They are usually brown in colour but can be green in many parts of Canada. Their eggs are small and white and laid in rows.

Spit Bug Habitat
They are most prevalent in grassy fields found all over North America. They prefer grassy areas but will attack most plants.

Lifecycle
Spit bugs overwinter as eggs in stems and garden debris. The eggs need high humidity to hatch so they will hatch quite early in the south. The nymphs climb up the stems and cover themselves with a protective spit. Female spit bugs lay their eggs again in the summer and the cycle begins again.

Diet and Damage
Spit bugs feed on mostly on grass but many ornamentals, flowers, peas, strawberries, alfalfa, shrubs and trees can be affected. Grass turns brown and dies. Plants become deformed. They appear in mass numbers in June and through to September. Adults can cause just as much damage as the nymphs. Adult spit bugs feed mostly in the early mornings and hide in the heat of the day.

yo. :)

wow. thanks for all the input people! :thanks: this is one thing i love about :420: ..having you guys to ask for advice has been amazing.. looking forward to keeping you updated as much as i can as this grow continues... (although for the moment no pics. as the camera has taken it's last snap)

@izzygarcia - thank you for the kind words. you're not wrong on mother nature being best! and yes, i do feed the outdoor plants a bit, but only weak doses as they seem to be doing just fine on their own for now.. i will try to up the feeding once they start to flower tho, just to give them a little boost and hopefully up the yield a bit!

@astonr420 - :welcome: and cheers for the input, will try to get some more pics soon..

@Spec. - :high-five:

@H. - will post a smoke report as soon as i sample the HG.. quite excited about these little ladies.. hope you get your p.c fixed soon brother!

and finaly..... @ captainkronic - holy schmokes! :bravo: that's quite a description of the 'ol spittle bugs!! i do remember my old boss telling me about these little buggers.. can be quite destructive to MJ it turns out! very helpful post, thank you kindly. :Namaste:

until next time...

yo. :)

wow. thanks for all the input people! :thanks: this is one thing i love about :420: ..having you guys to ask for advice has been amazing.. looking forward to keeping you updated as much as i can as this grow continues... (although for the moment no pics. as the camera has taken it's last snap)

@izzygarcia - thank you for the kind words. you're not wrong on mother nature being best! and yes, i do feed the outdoor plants a bit, but only weak doses as they seem to be doing just fine on their own for now.. i will try to up the feeding once they start to flower tho, just to give them a little boost and hopefully up the yield a bit!

@astonr420 - :welcome: and cheers for the input, will try to get some more pics soon..

maynn
@Spec. - :high-five:

@H. - will post a smoke report as soon as i sample the HG.. quite excited about these little ladies.. hope you get your p.c fixed soon brother!

and finaly..... @ captainkronic - holy schmokes! :bravo: that's quite a description of the 'ol spittle bugs!! i do remember my old boss telling me about these little buggers.. can be quite destructive to MJ it turns out! very helpful post, thank you kindly. :Namaste:

until next time...

mayynn alpine thanks for the advice im growing outdoors just like you, but this is my first time doing it appreciate that and keep us updated! everything is looking beautiful!

Alpine...I see you have been hard at it lad...looking great..I do not belive my computer problems have been resolved but are at bay for the time being...I did the clone test on 6 of my unknown plants...4 made it..so 2 weeks ago...mabey 3, not sure I cloned 2 slh, 2 wwxbb, 2 cvk..all made it and will be ready for transplant into 5 gal buckets next weekend...the 4 unkown should have already been just havent had the time...with work and this heat...man its been brutal..I hope the ones out in the wild survived the heat...I watered and fert. last weekend and only 1 was looking wilted...but they are resilent little buggers so no worries...the tallest in the wild is pushing 6'...most of the others are a strong 4-5...my ones in 5 gal buckets need to go in the ground as they are getting root bound...but it kinda hard to move them into the corn field when they are at least 1' taller than the corn..lol...well going to do a fan leaf trim on the close ones...no need to feed the leaves...hope all is going well and as always GO GREEN...

Spec....hope all is doing well for you also...I know I kinda dissapeared for a bit but hope my comp is good enough now to be on here a bit more to chat with you lads...

oh....finding a stray oz. is always a day brightner....lmao

my pickings here are getting slim...never thought I would see that day...will have enough to make it till harvest but still...

as we used to say in the 70's....down to the stems and seeds...lol

quick update!! have been pretty busy with work again, and having my girlfriends parents to stay meant moving my tent, so not had much time for updates.. however, new camera has arrived and got some shots from spot 2:

first off.. i bought a p.h meter 'cos i noticed all the ladies were not as happy as they should be.. and.....
101_0007.JPG

8.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woah. didn't see that coming! and that's from the stream next to spot2!!!! tap water comes out at 8 too!! wish i'd caught this earlier but hey, it's all a learning curve right!! i'm guessing the water is so alkaline because of all the rock it filters thro 'round here.. (makes it more calcified?????) :hmmmm: is odd that my Easyryders didn't seem to mind as much.. very strange.. anyhoo...
here's the ladies:
101_0008.JPG

101_0009.JPG

101_0010.JPG

101_0011.JPG

101_0012.JPG

101_0013.JPG

101_0014.JPG

@astronr420....
think you were right about the nitrogen def.... :thanks: high p.h locks out all sorts of goodness... including N. went and fed all with a p.h adjusted mix.. hopefully they will green up a bit more soon! just need some more sun!!!!!!!

Alpine...how tall are they?
any flowers yet? 2 of mine just started last weekend...both my cvk turned male...never seen it happen so late...just last weekend..so I am trying to pollanate just 1 stem of the ww and the unkowns...I also put a small slh over between them in the field..might as well see how my own crosses turn out..

Hey AlpineGrower plants are lookin good cant wait to see them full of buds how are you going to fix the ph problem can you haul water in or just fix it by the bucket full :thumb:

well all of mine are in flower now...had 2 more turn male had to pull them last nite...wonder what is causing it to happen so late?....clones are looking great..but production will be way down from what was anticipated..well I will be thankfull for what I get...no need to be greedy..mine are rangeing from 6' to 4'...most all look well..some better than others of course...started to pour the super bloom to them 2 times a week..4-55-6....seems to be good stuff....have you guys heard about super snow ultra?...any feed back would be great..oh...I was experimenting with 1 of the girls...just trying different things to see the effects...I had a monster going...6' tall and shrub like...and then...well lets just say if you have acess to 28% liquid nitrogen and put it in a gallon jug with a 1/4" hole in the cap you can apply to much to kill a plant...I couldent flush enough water through to save it over 2 days...so take that 1 off your to try list...lol...about made me sick to watch it die...but that is what seperates the leaders from the followers...and there will be a few casualties along the way....I will do every thing else I tried to my next grow....well time for a trimming of the leaves....once a week weather they need it or not...seems to be getting alot more lite to them....flower sites all over them...hope to hear back from you lads...it has been awhile since we chated...hope all is well

I've been mega-busy with work so not had alot of time to take pics and do updates recently.. but here you are:
spot2:
101_0049.JPG

101_0050.JPG

101_0051.JPG

101_0052.JPG

101_0053.JPG

101_0054.JPG

had to yank one of the ladies today... gutted. there were loads of male pre-flowers just starting to appear so it seems she was a he. or turned into a he. ahh well.... ce la vie as they say round here! glad i caught it in time!
@papater yes i'm p.h'ing all the water/ feed i give the ladies now so is taking more time, but seems to be having the desired effect! winner!

Alpine...looking great....I have had nothing but serious issues with mine...almost makes a fellow stop growing....almost...but I will adapt, overcome and perserver' ....lol....let me just say....round-up is not my friend rite now..hope all stayes going great for you man

Back
Top Bottom