My Second Grow and Anxious Already

littlelil

Thanks to all the help I got here I was able to grow my own, not knowing anyone where I live, personally, it was grow my own or suffer, so I am very grateful to all.
I enjoyed it so much it has now become a hobby.
I redid my closet, it was a mess not understanding the needs of my first grow I started with the thinking it's just a weed, just stick the seed in dirt and poof. Well, it's not like that I had to add all kinds of lights, fan and humidity. It was all done haphazardly and I worried about safety all the time.
It is now set up clean and safe. It will be only 4 plants, two from unknown seeds but from the same source as last grow and two others called, "Shanti". Shanti feminized, 75% sativa, 25% indica,THC: 15% flowering time 9 weeks, yield 450 gr per sq. indoor and up to 350 gr per plant outdoor. The leaves are supposed to be large so I wanted them to have plenty of room.
I started them in soil and now anxiously:loopy: awaiting their birth and will post pics as soon as they arrive.
Cat
I only wanted to plant 2 of the Shanti just encase.
Weeeeeee here we go again:loopy:

:cheer:Well, I went in to check on them last nite and there is a little bit poking through the dirt and this morning there SHE, positive thinking, was with her little leaves stretching out soaking in the warmth of the light. My boyfriend and I named her Bud.
There is no signs from the others yet, I sure hope the Shanti arrives soon.
Maybe we should call HER lady bud.:slide: Positive thinking.

Thank you. I had only two make it but one, when harvested, was almost 4 ft and the other about 3 and they did really well and I got some good smoke.
I am hoping the Shanti shows soon. The Shanti are girls, I'll be very happy when I see them.
It's like waiting for birth. Will it be OK? Will it be a boy or girl? You get alittle nuts when you grow your own

yeah i hear that, my first grow, i grew 6 healthy plants, pretty small but only ended up with 2 females from the bunch. It's definitely good to know they're female, I tend it grow attached to them all

Yes, sniff, sniff. They just came up and so did the worm. White, about 1/4''or smaller, a real wiggler...sniff. I have 2 special ones, two Shanti, I can replace the others without a lot of pain but the "Shanti" I bought so I still have 3 seeds but hope I can save the one that sprouted...gee weez, outta the gate...sniff,
I am wondering if I can extract the babies and bake the soil and get them in again, what do you think?

If you are able to just grab the worm ... Grab it. I really don't think that they will be much of them to be a problem to your babies. If your talking about pulling them and treating the soil, I would hold off. Worms are not known to be a pest in cannabis growing. Let it play out.

It is crazy how we get over our grow and I know I'm not alone.
I will keep a close eye on them. Thanks for the encouragement.
PS
I see green with the other Shanti.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

They are all up, I have 5 in all, 2 of the Shanti and 3 of unknown.. Same seeds from last grow and was very happy with the results.:yummy:
I tried to insert pics but the box wouldn't come up.
The Shanti has shorter fatter leaves and is slower in growth, the pics are in the gallery. I wish the box would show up, I wanted to show the difference.
I decided on the five because of the seed color. I found this fat seed and it was a light tan with spots.. I am curious about the colors of different seeds, what difference does it make, if any.
I hope everyone out there is well and the kids are well too.
{{{ hugs }}} Lil :winkyface:

Still no box

2009christmas_007.JPG

I can't get the image box to come up. I sounds like it should but no box

I started with one of the home brews found here and been keeping a close eye on them, they seem to be OK. I haven't checked them yet today with my trusty magnifier but heading in there soon.
When I see something moving I take it seriously. I will never use any soil
again without cooking it.
Thanks for the heads up.
Lil

You little rascal you, I looking at the pic and was wondering where heck I was.. Thank you very much. I don't know why the box will not come up for me...

That is the "Shanti" its leaves are shorter and fatter then the bag seed.

Also when I checked on them this morning low and behold there are two white things hanging from this one and some kind of bug. I picked off the white things trying to get a better look..My opinion they were some kind of eggs, maybe belonging to the bug. I grabbed it to fast I should have gotten a better look. It had longer legs on its front. Off to check the bug list to see if it's there.
Thank again.
lil

No, I got them right off. I go over them every morning with a magnifier so I don't think they a lot of time.. I will check on them again tonite.
There just babies.
Hey, I sat in at my first "Holdem" table, it was scary they all had their pissed off poker faces but I soon learned to glare back. I'm so proud.
Lil

The soil I got was Miracle grow, I thought I would be ok with it,it is supposed to be good soil. I didn't like the look of it, and me, I should have listened to my instincts but no I go a head and use it. What a big mistake.
I have a proliferate of insects happily living in my soil. I have a colony of little white bugs that scurry off when exposed and white larva.. What to do? I dug around the dirt and sprayed the home made soap and oil, they didn't care for that much. I read here on the forum someone used sand to suffocate then. I'm wondering if that's what I should do. Both of the Shanti, it figures.
Not happy at all.

Back
Top Bottom