My Second Grow and Anxious Already

I haven't had a chance to write I've been on safari . I had so many creepy crawlies, I spent a lot of time on line trying to find out what I was fighting, some were flies, thanks to the tacky strip they didn't fly for long. TEE HEE .
They are an iridescent green with really ugly head, not that other flies are pretty, but these looked like aliens. Alien type mouth.
I got Azatrol which is supposed to interfere with eating and reproduction. Also, I got out my jewelry and carving tools,(dental) my magnifying glass and my magnifying glasses, I use to make jewellry , tweezers and some Azatrol in an old dish. I have been going through the pots picking out larvae and eggs one by one, digging with the dentist tools and tweezers.
Got my jewellers glasses on, my hair up over the back, front and sides, in my bright yellowTweety Bird pj's hunched over my plants with the bright lights glaring out, turning my deep red hair to a drab rusty colour, a laugh erupts from with the closet with every sound "SNAP", SNAP.
Got carried away..No new flies this morning and hopefully there won't be any more, hopefully.
The babies are doing alright concidering what they have been through.
Now I just wait and see but I'm armed and ready to go back in.

Hope all is well on the bug kill mission. I get such a kick out of you story telling. It is a real skill!
Well done littlelil. those pests are surely not aware who's plants they are messing with. ;)
Did you figure out your picture posting problem? :peace:

Hello out there.:ciao: I hope everyone is doing just great and sending good wishes to you. I think you all are great people and been blessed to have met you.:kiss:

The battle continues, I am trying one last effort to rid my babies of the plague that haunts us. I got some "Wrap and Seal" and put it around the babies and sealed it as best I could. I was overwhelmed with small black flies, God bless the man that invented sticky paper. I believe the flies were from the "Bottle Fly" family.
I thought of throwing the whole mess out but Shanti stopped me. "Where there is life, there is hope." but having these flies was nasty. If sealing off the soil doesn't work, I may have to dump this grow.

Seems like forever since I've posted, there has been a lot happening . Single again :yahoo:
I wanted, many times, to give up on my babies, I had so many flies it was really disgusting. I had all these little black bodies :rip: stuck all over the tapes, it really was freaky their little wings stuck and their little legs wiggling, I swore I could hear little voices saying, help mee, help mee, help meee.
I sure hope I've seen the last of them. What I found the most useful was the soap mix I found here on this site :thanks: :thanks:

1/2 teaspoon dish detergent.
1/4 Vegetable oil
1 gal. water

I did get some kind of insecticide but I' de rather not use chemicals if I can help it.
I also used ''Press'' Seal." just leaving a little spot for the plants to grow.
As of now things are looking OK.
They babies have survived so far :yahoo: and I'll take some pics and get them up. :yahoo:
Lil

Hey, I sat in at my first "Holdem" table, it was scary they all had their pissed off poker faces but I soon learned to glare back. I'm so proud.
Lil

:slide::goodjob:

I haven't had a chance to write I've been on safari . I'm armed and ready to go back in.

:biglaugh::rofl:

Seems like forever since I've posted, there has been a lot happening . Single again :yahoo::goof: Do the dance!
I wanted, many times, to give up on my babies, I'll take some pics and get them up. :yahoo:
Lil

Claws out, I know you won't let those bugs get your girls!+reps on hanging in there.
You are so funny. Started reading your safari post, and got drawn in I really
thought you went on vacation! You really do have a story telling skill.:popcorn:
Going to check your galleries. :surf:

Seems like forever since I've posted, there has been a lot happening . Single again :yahoo:Lil

OMG you mean to tell me i coulda had a valentines this year and you didnt tell me! im sooooooooooo mad at you :grrrrrrr:. J/p lol. Nice to see you're doin well ;)

dro :nomo:

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/babies_001.JPG

For some reason the box for pics won't come up.

The fly invasion has passed or so I hope but the kids did suffer. They are now showing yellowing on tips. The Lil Shanti and I mean little is not as green as the rest, the bag seed is looking good.
I think I may have fed them to soon at least I hope that's what it is, they all are showing the same yellowing of their tips. So I'll lay off the feeding and see how the do. I thought it could be a deficiency because of everything they went through..

Well off I go to do some reading about my tips
I got called to go back to work, so the Pres. help Vegas..Ya.right.

This pic right here LL?

babies_001.JPG

Ya, how did you do that?:bravo: I tap on the icon and it makes a sound but no box.

Thanks for getting it for me:kiss:
It's a little blurry but you can still see the yellow tips, the color is a lighter green then the others, also much smaller. This is one of the Shanti.
Do you have an educated guess?

I bet you have lots of valentines lined up at the door.
Good to see you.
I have to beat feet, they like you to look good, so I got a lot of work to do. :laugh: :ciao: see ya later

Aloha LL! I just caught up on your journal and you had me crackin up. Very nice story telling indeed. I'm definately subscribed and will be following and looking forward to plenty more stories I hope.

As to those yellowing leaf tips, my guess would be the MG soil mix. Unless you specifically got the mix that has no nutes in it, it may be giving the babies just a little more juice than they can use at this young age. It is possible it was just all the soap and oil treatment for the bugs, but my guess would be the soil itself (maybe intensified if you were watering more than needed due to having to treat for the bugs often?!?). Either way they still have plenty enough good green on the leaves to keep them going and I'm sure they will grow out of it and look beautiful soon enough.
:peace: and Aloha!
HD

I hope so the tips on a couple of them are really yellow, bright yellow. Last nite when I watered them I gave them vitamins for plants, not mine:smokin:
This morning one looked better.
Why can't they behave themselves and grow like weeds?

Back
Top Bottom