My seedlings are yellowing once again. Why am I cursed with this?

Something just looks off once again. I can't be the only one who thinks they're showing problems again?

they are ready for a nute bump. that soil probe is useless. feed them correctly with the right nute levels and they'll be fine.

Why does this one look totally fine, while the other ones are losing their color and vitality?

each plant will feed slightly differently. some eat more. some less. luck of the draw.

They all get the same water.

bump it for the hungry ones and the other will be fine.

This is what the color has to look like, the other ones are all funky with weird yellow halos everywhere. I'm not doing anything, just watching,

read the plants and act accordingly. doing nothing won't work.

but it's obvious they're starting to have trouble with something again

you can correct it easy right away.

Are you now feeding 2ml Gro + 1ml CaMg
You can water more freely now to get the roots going, she's trying to grow for you

do this. just as roy says for one grow. that's all it will take. you won't look back. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Are you now feeding 2ml Gro + 1ml CaMg
You can water more freely now to get the roots going, she's trying to grow for you
:hookah:

I transplanted from Light Mix to the final pots with All Mix, as they showed the symptoms at the last day before transplanting, with tons of root growth on the bottom, so I transplanted. They keep looking worse now. Are you sure I should feed 2ml/L of Grow in All Mix? That stuff is rather hot and has enough for 4-6 weeks

I transplanted from Light Mix to the final pots with All Mix, as they showed the symptoms at the last day before transplanting, with tons of root growth on the bottom, so I transplanted. They keep looking worse now. Are you sure I should feed 2ml/L of Grow in All Mix? That stuff is rather hot and has enough for 4-6 weeks

they can eat most of it now, and you didn't water the plants in proper at transplant, so a lot of the soil nutes wouldn't have been activated.

follow roy's advice and give them a good feeding. feed til at least 10% runoff. then leave them alone to do their thing.

Ok, I followed 80% of the advice. I kept myself from using Grow for now, as they're small autoflower seedlings, I feel like it's a bit too much with the All Mix, that stuff is spicy. But I did water the transplanted plants fully in now, added another 1L of water by sprinkling it over my hand, around the plant. The pot is not fully watered, but I don't want to do that just now, as I had really bad experiences twice with the "full watering" method, be it dunking or top waterings. I did have runoff though, and as they're airpots, I checked the bottom of the pot, and the substrate is indeed wet on the bottom now, it actually wasn't pre-watering, I checked before watering, it was dry on the bottom. Probably bad.

I also checked runoff just for the heck of it, and it came out as 6.6-6.7 on 3 plants, and 6.9 on another plant.

ok I’ll be the bad guy but my dude wtf? you ask for help and we deliver then proceed directly to shooting your own foot. more foliar feeding, adding dolomite, checking runoff ph, changing nute dose to the way you think best.

Each soil maker & nute maker has their own scientist on board and yes of course they all want to sell more product. But they have developed a system and you tweak that because you know better and then wonder what’s up.

Yep dolomite delivers cal & mag but also changes ph which puts you near frankenmix territory. The plants never get a solid foothold due to ever changing soil and nutrient conditions. It’s still a baby and it intends to gently sample the soil and someone insists on cramming jet fuel down it’s guzzle.

Garden with hands in your pocket, best way to push a plant is to leave it the fuck alone. We know you mean well but you are hovering them to death.

I’m just a hack but Roy & Bluter are royalty around here, they won’t steer you wrong

Sorry but why would I feed 2ml/L of Grow with a substrate that's full of nutrients already? This stuff has enough for 4-6 weeks of growth without adding anything, so I just wanted to be careful in this case. One of the plants already got burned tips while I added 1ml/L of grow, but I just shrugged it off. I had several attempts where I started feeding early on, now I followed this advice again with some hope, but they already showed problems before transplanting while I literally fed 1ml/L of Grow, which also isn't usually recommended for small seedlings and Light Mix, as you can already see in the pictures I posted above.

And once again, as I already said, my plants do not look normal, and I was sadly right. As mentioned, I know when these plants start looking funky, because I've been followed with this problem for over 1 year now, and killed upwards of 60+ plants because of this.

20240424_160719.jpg

Seems like a copy of my older pictures, but these are my newest plants, now 9 days old. The same thing happened to plants in fully saturated soil, it happened to plants with no nutrients, with nutrients, with all mix, with light mix, without dolomite lime, with dolomite lime now, without PH correcting, with PH correcting, with organic PH down, with chemical ph down. I gave the plants a big soak yesterday, and today they look absolutely worse. They're not drooping, they don't seem overwatered (as always), they just look like they're dying, and all the funky yellow veins are coming back once again.

I am so tired of this problem

@013 - The foliar was days ago, when these symptoms already started. At the time where I started feeding like you guys recommended. I followed the advice, I had a simple light mix, and just watered with grow. My plants started dying. I then transplanted because I had roots shooting out the bottom. Still dying. I gave a good watering, as recommended, dying even more. And now I'm being criticized for not adding more nutrients.

I had around 5 attempts where I did literally nothing. I just used water and light mix. They died from this exact problem, but I am the bad guy because I now tried something different. I tried feeding them early on, they died too. This substrate is insanely hot, yet I get recommended to "cram jet fuel down it’s guzzle". Yeah I do currently use a chemical PH down, because in past attempts, I didn't do this. Yeah I do have added dolomite lime in the final pot, because in all other attempts where they died, I haven't done that. It's hard to keep track of all my failures for others, as everyone has their own problems and life, but I did try all of your recommendations already, I already tried it months ago.

But apparently my plants are now dying because I didn't feed Grow in a soil that's good to go for 4+ weeks, with freshly transplanted plants which already started dying WHILE I followed this advice, I mentioned that often enough but it got shrugged off (Page 5, Sunday 21st is when my plants started showing the first symptoms) . I know these symptoms, my plants didn't look normal from the first picture where I mentioned this, because I've seen this more often than I wish I had. I am not saying that this advice is bad, I'm just saying that something is absolutely off, yet all I get recommended is to add more nutrients.

as far as transplant goes, the host container should be prepared & fully watered in about 10 to 12 days before use to activate microbes. The remainder of the time is to allow soil to evap, run fan at grow bag or over top of container to remove bulk of the water... yep leave the empty cup in place to hold the form.

I’m sure many opinions on this but she was perhaps a bit young for transplant in the first place. The idea is to keep roots constrained in a small container until it’s really rootbound before transplant.

the base NPK nutes are to tell the plant here’s your steady meals but feel free venture out and find more stuff to munch on in the grow media

look I know it’s hard with advice coming from multiple peeps but let’s turn this thing around. worst case if these die then we’ll help you crank another batch of beans

hang in there dude!!!

just do what roy says and you'll be fine. 80% of something right is still wrong at the end of the day.

I don't have much more to say
@Acid says he has tried every combination of medium, nutrients, pH etc, yet still fails every time - with the same symptoms..??
Frankly, I don't see how that is even possible unless there is a fundamental misconception
The only constant here is the grower, sorry if that sounds harsh but there are no other conclusions to be drawn
Back to basics might help
Good luck @Acid :Namaste:

Ok, I'll do it this way now.

Here are somethings I want answered, I will now 100% follow the advice as requested, so I can't do anything wrong by your advice:

* 2ml/L of Grow from now onwards, right?
* My tapwater shoots up to 8.4PH after letting it sit in the open for around 24 hours. How would I lower this? I have Biobizz PH Down, and I have TA (european GHE) PH down, the chemical one.
* How much water do you want me to give these guys? They're 14L Airpots, filled with Biobizz All Mix.

Edit: Forgot to ask this - As I've given them 1L of water yesterday to a bigger extent to actually saturate most of the medium, rather than the ~250ml I gave them the day before, when should I water again? Considering that I've probably not done it the correct way now. I know that a pot this size needs around 4L of water to be fully saturated, but I wanted to start slow, as I already saturated the whole pot in my last attempt, and they all died. How would I do it this time?

it’s all good Acid, no worries my friend!! I’ve never ran biobizz so I’m way out on limb. Roots out the bottom doesn’t necessarily mean squat… What I meant by jet fuel is changing soil ph and foliar feeding. I know you’ve tried every combo but hang in there bro- hopefully failure will eventually breed success!!

Also I know are not going to like this but I’m saying it anyways… please consider switching to photoperiods. Autos have their own rules and can be picky AF, no lie after 4 years fiddling I still can’t grow decent auto. Mine are stunted budsickle every single time! Just 1 mistake and it can be stunted, yet photoperiods roll with the punches and bounce back. Autos are billed as easier for beginners but not always the case. All you need for photos is a timer to control light hours. With photoperiods you are in the drivers seat and decide how long to veg, when to flip etc.

Anywho- I’m convinced you will nail it, it’s just a matter of time.

Ok, I'll do it this way now.

Here are somethings I want answered, I will now 100% follow the advice as requested, so I can't do anything wrong by your advice:

* 2ml/L of Grow from now onwards, right?
* My tapwater shoots up to 8.4PH after letting it sit in the open for around 24 hours. How would I lower this? I have Biobizz PH Down, and I have TA (european GHE) PH down, the chemical one.
* How much water do you want me to give these guys? They're 14L Airpots, filled with Biobizz All Mix.
Yes, at least until the roots establish and new growth is apparent
You could try boiling your water first, then use it when it is tepid, not cold

Add your Gro, then pH to 6.0 - 6.3 with the BB Down if necessary
Let it sit 15mins, check pH is still <pH6.5

If you are concerned about pale tips, add a little CaMg/Fe before you add the Gro

Approx 500ml of tepid water in a ring around the stem should be enough to get them going

After 7-10 days you should be able to use plain water, but I find it is better to add a little CaMg & Gro and adjust to pH6.3 as normal for consistency, esp as your base water is very high

Try to keep your temps around 25-28°C, min 21°C lights off - 20/4 lighting steadies the temps

Remember, seedlings often grow a bit funky until they establish a good root system, you are just helping them to take off

Little update on something else:

I had my plants from the last attempt next to my window for around a week now. They're all recovering for some reason, as soon as I pulled them out the tent.

20240424_210059.jpg

This is one of them at the moment. Still lots of damage from earlier, but they're growing for whatever reason, without one problem. Really lanky, because it's bad weather / almost no sun over here, but they're growing healthy. It's just room temp at around 20°C, nothing else.

The hell is going on here? They literally got the same water I always use.

This was the same plant in my tent around 9 days ago:

3232.jpg

Back
Top Bottom