What is up with my plant and its leaves?

Not sure if it isn't obvious by now but I would do a serious flush and cut back on the nuits.

Do Not start messing with adding anything until you see the results of the flush.

Cheers.

This might come across as silly to even ask but I'm a new grower, how would I go about doing a flush ? Just pH water to 5.8 and flush the plants the same way I would feed them ?
Thanks

I use well water @ ~ 7.5 so I need to ph down. It also has a ppm of 500 !

On my last grow in 2 gallon pots with ProMix HP I slowly worked up to full strength by AN's schedule and after four days of 2L/day burnt the shyt out of my girl. Backed off to ~50% and all was well. Ppm was ~ 1700 !

720_3316 one 04 Jan 2021 web.jpg

On my current grow I went to 3 gallon fabric pots with ProMix HP. I went from a ph of 6.5 down to 6.2 with a ppm of ~1100.

Much healthier and vigorous growth. You have to look real hard to find even a tiny brown burnt leaf tip !

720_3407 Both 2 Mar 2021 web.jpg

Advanced Nutrients might be ph balanced in "normal" water but.....

BTW>

In 2.5L of water I'm adding...

Micro 60 drops
Grow 70 drops
Bloom 80 drops
B52 20 drops
Sensizym 20 drops
Big Bud 20 drops

And a whooping 40 drops of Ph down :)

Cheers.

Yea they were fine up until I introduced the big bud and overdrive.
2 feeds with big bud and overdrive. I'm sure the overdrive isn't meant to be used until possibly the last week.

Last feed they had was just the base nutes with the last of the B52 but yea I think it could possibly be the nutrients, maybe overdrive as I added it a week or two to soon ?
Other than the nutrients the only other thing is temperature, humidity. I need the dehumidifier going almost all the time to keep humidity below 50.
At the moment the humidity is 39% but the temperature is 31C like mentioned I've been struggling to control both and dial it in.

This might come across as silly to even ask but I'm a new grower, how would I go about doing a flush ? Just pH water to 5.8 and flush the plants the same way I would feed them ?
Thanks
Recommended flush is 3x your normal watering, 2x with ph water and the last one including nutrients.
Yea they were fine up until I introduced the big bud and overdrive.
2 feeds with big bud and overdrive. I'm sure the overdrive isn't meant to be used until possibly the last week.

Last feed they had was just the base nutes with the last of the B52 but yea I think it could possibly be the nutrients, maybe overdrive as I added it a week or two to soon ?
Other than the nutrients the only other thing is temperature, humidity. I need the dehumidifier going almost all the time to keep humidity below 50.
At the moment the humidity is 39% but the temperature is 31C like mentioned I've been struggling to control both and dial it in.
I think those two additional additives just pushed the nutrient levels over the top.

When I followed AN's advanced feeding schedules I've had issues. 50% seems to be working for me and keeping the ppm down to 1100 ish. Also keeping the ratios closer to 1/1/1, as you are.

Your temp is a little high but not dangerously so with good ventilation.

I'm running at between 30-35% RH with no issues. I have my fan on the floor pointing up at a slight angle to create a circular flow of air upwards towards the light, keeping most of the heat from the lamp away from the plants and then an exhaust fan roughly at the level of the light.

All is not lost, flush the medium and start back with a lower concentration of nutrients. All the burnt parts will not end up in the finished product anyway !

Cheers.

a flush in hempy is easy. plain or RO water, add calmag and h202. plug the hole, fill bucket until media floats or water gets to the rim of the bucket. let stand 20 min, pull plug and drain. i usually wait 24 hrs then feed.

if you are using AN you should be on a f/f/w or f/f/f/w schedule. AN builds up so needs the water side of the schedule to keep stuff clear.

also as mentioned never run the full schedule, AN is far too hot. when running AN you should be using the ec meter to track your ppm / ec. you will have to drop back the base nutes in flower if you use any of their supplements. AN does not provide a proper amended schedule including their supplements, they leave that to you to struggle through.

a flush in hempy is easy. plain or RO water, add calmag and h202. plug the hole, fill bucket until media floats or water gets to the rim of the bucket. let stand 20 min, pull plug and drain. i usually wait 24 hrs then feed.

if you are using AN you should be on a f/f/w or f/f/f/w schedule. AN builds up so needs the water side of the schedule to keep stuff clear.

also as mentioned never run the full schedule, AN is far too hot. when running AN you should be using the ec meter to track your ppm / ec. you will have to drop back the base nutes in flower if you use any of their supplements. AN does not provide a proper amended schedule including their supplements, they leave that to you to struggle through.

Hi bluter. I dont have hydrogen peroxide and only calmag I have is the calmag agent from canna. One of the reasons I changed from canna nutrients was because at the beginning I couldn't get a straight answer regarding the amount to use, same with the calmag. Apparently the recommended amounts by canna are way too hot and will burn the ahit out of the plants. Some said a quarter, some gave me units in us gallons etc it just ended up confusing the fuck out of me so changed to AN as it was apparently easy for beginners to follow.

What's f/f/w f/f/f/w stand for feed/water ?

Any idea what the ec/ppm I should be looking to achieve with the AN nutrients and Supplements ?

Thanks

Recommended flush is 3x your normal watering, 2x with ph water and the last one including nutrients.

I think those two additional additives just pushed the nutrient levels over the top.

When I followed AN's advanced feeding schedules I've had issues. 50% seems to be working for me and keeping the ppm down to 1100 ish. Also keeping the ratios closer to 1/1/1, as you are.

Your temp is a little high but not dangerously so with good ventilation.

I'm running at between 30-35% RH with no issues. I have my fan on the floor pointing up at a slight angle to create a circular flow of air upwards towards the light, keeping most of the heat from the lamp away from the plants and then an exhaust fan roughly at the level of the light.

All is not lost, flush the medium and start back with a lower concentration of nutrients. All the burnt parts will not end up in the finished product anyway !

Cheers.

Hi Thanks for the reply chuckeye.

I'm guessing to drop the ppm I just add more water if it's too high when mixing.

Does the 1100 include the supplements or is that just the base nutrients, micro, grow and bloom ?

I wished my RH was 30-35% the humidity here is horrendous at least where the plants are concerned. I've tried venting outside like bluter mentioned in my journal, tried adding more fans, turning fans off etc, even the dehumidifier doesn't bring the rh % down below hight 30s, it's normally somewhere in the mid 40+% with the dehumidifier but then the heat eventually rises running the dehumidifier. The lights im using are 2 x mars hydro sp3000 daisychained in a 4x4 tent 600W in total but I've read the sp3000 is capable of covering 3x3 have read even cover 4x4 area but not sure how accurate that is as mars claim 2x4 for flower but others who have tested the lights say larger areas.

No worries. Hope you can get those girls sorted. Sounds like the ph is a bit low. Maybe they are missing out in Ca and Mg , they start to be able to be uptaken by the plant around 5.8.
Yea when I was pH'ing the water I always kept the pH at 5.8. The only reason I never check was due to the AN nutrients apparently not needing to change pH. Before I was always needing to lower the pH that was when I was using the canna nutrients. Hopefully I can sort them fast. I never had to use the canna calmag agent and don't know exactly how much to use, I know for small plants early veg their nutes are quite strong and can/do burn the shit out of plants so partly the reason why I moved to AN nutrients.

Hi Thanks for the reply chuckeye.

I'm guessing to drop the ppm I just add more water if it's too high when mixing.

Does the 1100 include the supplements or is that just the base nutrients, micro, grow and bloom ?

I wished my RH was 30-35% the humidity here is horrendous at least where the plants are concerned. I've tried venting outside like bluter mentioned in my journal, tried adding more fans, turning fans off etc, even the dehumidifier doesn't bring the rh % down below hight 30s, it's normally somewhere in the mid 40+% with the dehumidifier but then the heat eventually rises running the dehumidifier. The lights im using are 2 x mars hydro sp3000 daisychained in a 4x4 tent 600W in total but I've read the sp3000 is capable of covering 3x3 have read even cover 4x4 area but not sure how accurate that is as mars claim 2x4 for flower but others who have tested the lights say larger areas.
Adding more water is one way to do it :)

How are you measuring your nutrients ? Start by cutting that in half and measure the ppm.

1100ppm is the total of everything I add in.

Cheers

Adding more water is one way to do it :)

How are you measuring your nutrients ? Start by cutting that in half and measure the ppm.

1100ppm is the total of everything I add in.

Cheers
Thanks, a simplistic answer to how much nutes I should use and at what ppm. Any idea what the ec is ? I'm using the bluelabs truncheon it has 2 ppm reading's ppm 500 and ppm 700.

Edit: I was measuring the nutrients using a 10ml syringe , once the nutrients got as high as 80ml each I used a small tub and filled it up with 80ml using the syringe then made a marker on the tub so every other time I didn't have to fill the syringe constantly.

Thanks again for replying

I've been told lots of times not to pH with my nutes either, but the fact of the matter for me is that my well water is pH 7.9-8.0 before I add nutrients.
Now, the MC and other stuff gets it down to 7.0 for me, and I like it about 6.1-6.2, so I do add a few drops of citric acid to get it there.
BUT if regular fresh clean water is given at any time to my plants (out of the hose or tap) the water is around 8.0
If normal nutrient solution is 5.8-6.2, then 8.0 is a ride on the alkaline express.
It causes problems in certain situations. Just something to look at.
You don't use an RO?

All 3 plants have had around 6 litres of water each today with a pH of 5.8.
No run off on any of the plants today before leaving for work but plenty of run off with their second watering when I got back home.

Should I do this again tomorrow morning and again at night then for their next feed introduce the AN nutes again at around 1100 ppm, ec of 2.2

Should I just add the base nutes or also add the big bud as they should be getting that as part of the feeding schedule.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom