What is up with my plant and its leaves?

MGD420

Came home from work to see some of the leaves on one of my plants looking like this.

Some of the leaves have went dry and crispy and pretty much just disintegrated when touched.

The plant in question is the furthest along and probably only has another 2 or 3 weeks before it's due for harvest.

The plants are growing in 20L hempy buckets with canna coco and perlite.

Nutrients and Supplements are
Advanced Nutrients
Micro, Grow, Bloom
Big Bud 'Coco' and Overdrive

Was also using Voodoo Juice and B52 but have run out of both, Voodoo around 2 weeks ago and the B52 on their last feed.

I have been struggling to gwt the humidity and temps dialed in perfectly and fluctuate throughout the day.

Temp can be anywhere from low 20's to 30+ Celsius
Humidity % fluctuates between low 40's and 50+ occasionally rising up to around 60%

Not sure if this is caused due to the humidity and temps, if its caused by the nutrients or something else.

I'm new to growing and this is my first grow, I have a journal for anyone wishing to read up more on the grow but any help regarding the leaves and what could be causing them to go the way they have would be much appreciated.

20210309_004833.jpg
20210309_004822.jpg
20210309_004718.jpg
20210309_003142.jpg
20210309_003035.jpg
20210309_002938.jpg
20210309_002931.jpg
20210309_002838.jpg
20210309_002731.jpg
20210309_002251.jpg

Start of a K deficiency potentially. Hopefully more skilled people chime in but that’s what it looks like to me.
Was going to agree and it could also be a pH issue (fluctuations) from what I've experienced.

Was going to agree and it could also be a pH issue (fluctuations) from what I've experienced.

The advanced nutrients is meant to allow the plants to uptake the nutrients regardless of pH at least that's what I understand. The directions for feeding the nutrients is that pH should not be changed as the nutrients help balance the pH. The AN micro, grow and bloom are meant to be designed for hydroponic and coco grows.

Early on for the first couple of weeks i did use canna a and b but since changing from the canna a and b nutrients to Advanced nutrients I've never checked the pH as apparently its not needed. I did however check the pH when I used the canna nutrients and always dropped the pH to 5.8 after mixing the nutes.

How much and what ratio are you feeding ?

And ph ?

Cheers

Feeding the plants as per directions from
bud labs by Advanced nutrients.

The only thing that changes during blooming phase is the supplements through week 1 to 6.
Week 1 voodoo juice
Week 2 big bud and Voodoo juice
Week 3 and 4 big bud and b52
Week 5 and 6 overdrive and b52
Then flush

Screenshot_20210309-041047_BudLabs.jpg

i used AN and ph was crucial.
AN has several different lines. i've seen enough issues with their ph perfect line to recommend ph'ing or using other nutes.

edit: AN got tricky in flower. they want you to use 8+ bottles to get all the boosters etc.

The advanced nutrients is meant to allow the plants to uptake the nutrients regardless of pH at least that's what I understand. The directions for feeding the nutrients is that pH should not be changed as the nutrients help balance the pH. The AN micro, grow and bloom are meant to be designed for hydroponic and coco grows.

Early on for the first couple of weeks i did use canna a and b but since changing from the canna a and b nutrients to Advanced nutrients I've never checked the pH as apparently its not needed. I did however check the pH when I used the canna nutrients and always dropped the pH to 5.8 after mixing the nutes.
I've been told lots of times not to pH with my nutes either, but the fact of the matter for me is that my well water is pH 7.9-8.0 before I add nutrients.
Now, the MC and other stuff gets it down to 7.0 for me, and I like it about 6.1-6.2, so I do add a few drops of citric acid to get it there.
BUT if regular fresh clean water is given at any time to my plants (out of the hose or tap) the water is around 8.0
If normal nutrient solution is 5.8-6.2, then 8.0 is a ride on the alkaline express.
It causes problems in certain situations. Just something to look at.

i used AN and ph was crucial.
AN has several different lines. i've seen enough issues with their ph perfect line to recommend ph'ing or using other nutes.

When I've tried to pH the water after adding the nutes it just reverts back after an hour or so. I can't remember the exact lever the pH was at but I have tested the pH with the AN nutes and have tried using pH down. I will be mixing a new batch of nutes tomorrow so can test the pH and try adjust and let you know what happens

I've been told lots of times not to pH with my nutes either, but the fact of the matter for me is that my well water is pH 7.9-8.0 before I add nutrients.
Now, the MC and other stuff gets it down to 7.0 for me, and I like it about 6.1-6.2, so I do add a few drops of citric acid to get it there.
BUT if regular fresh clean water is given at any time to my plants (out of the hose or tap) the water is around 8.0
If normal nutrient solution is 5.8-6.2, then 8.0 is a ride on the alkaline express.
It causes problems in certain situations. Just something to look at.

I think the pH of the water where I live is around 6.8 - low 7's.
I'm up to trying anything as long as it keeps my plants healthy.
When I first started using the AN nutrients I'm positive I tried changing the pH and the pH level went back to what it was before I tried changing it. I can't remember how long I left the water after lowering the pH but it wasn't that long, an hour maybe two
I will be mixing new stuff tomorrow and can try changing the pH level.

I think the pH of the water where I live is around 6.8 - low 7's.
I'm up to trying anything as long as it keeps my plants healthy.
When I first started using the AN nutrients I'm positive I tried changing the pH and the pH level went back to what it was before I tried changing it. I can't remember how long I left the water after lowering the pH but it wasn't that long, an hour maybe two
I will be mixing new stuff tomorrow and can try changing the pH level.
I would see where it's at with just the nutes first. If it's at 7, I personally feel that's a bit high in flower but to each their own. The important part is- whatever change you make, keep making it until the end.
See if it fixes things or if they get worse. Don't change it one more time, or else you'll be causing the very fluctuations you are trying to avoid.

edit: AN got tricky in flower. they want you to use 8+ bottles to get all the boosters etc.

I've noticed that. The more advanced the more nutrients they recommend using.

Using bud labs it has the option of beginner/novice all the way up to expert.
The more knowledgeable the more nutrients they expect people to buy.

I won't be using the AN nutrients next time.
I have 5 litres of the canna A and 5 litres of canna B so will be using them the next time around.

I would see where it's at with just the nutes first. If it's at 7, I personally feel that's a bit high in flower but to each their own. The important part is- whatever change you make, keep making it until the end.
See if it fixes things or if they get worse. Don't change it one more time, or else you'll be causing the very fluctuations you are trying to avoid.

If memory serves when I did check the nutes just the base nutrients, the pH was somewhere between 6 - 7 possibly 6.5
I know when the nutes are mixed into 20L of water if adding the micro, grow, bloom, B52 and big bud the ec/ppm lights flash off the chart. I use the bluelabs truncheon to mix everything, I don't actually use it for checking ec/ppm though

I use well water @ ~ 7.5 so I need to ph down. It also has a ppm of 500 !

On my last grow in 2 gallon pots with ProMix HP I slowly worked up to full strength by AN's schedule and after four days of 2L/day burnt the shyt out of my girl. Backed off to ~50% and all was well. Ppm was ~ 1700 !

720_3316 one 04 Jan 2021 web.jpg

On my current grow I went to 3 gallon fabric pots with ProMix HP. I went from a ph of 6.5 down to 6.2 with a ppm of ~1100.

Much healthier and vigorous growth. You have to look real hard to find even a tiny brown burnt leaf tip !

720_3407 Both 2 Mar 2021 web.jpg

Advanced Nutrients might be ph balanced in "normal" water but.....

BTW>

In 2.5L of water I'm adding...

Micro 60 drops
Grow 70 drops
Bloom 80 drops
B52 20 drops
Sensizym 20 drops
Big Bud 20 drops

And a whooping 40 drops of Ph down :)

Cheers.

If memory serves when I did check the nutes just the base nutrients, the pH was somewhere between 6 - 7 possibly 6.5
I know when the nutes are mixed into 20L of water if adding the micro, grow, bloom, B52 and big bud the ec/ppm lights flash off the chart. I use the bluelabs truncheon to mix everything, I don't actually use it for checking ec/ppm though
It may actually be fine, but always something to check.
I don't know anything about your nutes but it's looking like maybe there is a possibility that they are running a bit rich.
It could be like @odinsmaster was saying and is lacking CalMag (probably due to lockout). I've had that problem and though it didn't present exactly like yours, it did crisp my leaves up pretty quick and cause similar issues.
Luckily you are far enough along in flower that even worst case, you'll skid across the finish line without any leaves left but the bud will likely be just fine ;)

I have n ever ran those nutes, but in my experience in coco I always need to add cal mag. Saying that, it seems late in your run for that to just now be popping up.

Again with the AN line of nutes I'm using I've read that using calmag can screw with the nutrients, cause lockout etc. Just what I've read. I do have calmag there but it's for the canna coco and b nutrient line. Think the calmag agent is specifically designed to be used with the a and b nutes, could be wrong though as this is my first ever grow so always looking for the advice of the more experienced growers

Again with the AN line of nutes I'm using I've read that using calmag can screw with the nutrients, cause lockout etc. Just what I've read. I do have calmag there but it's for the canna coco and b nutrient line. Think the calmag agent is specifically designed to be used with the a and b nutes, could be wrong though as this is my first ever grow so always looking for the advice of the more experienced growers

The AN web site used to state that cal/mag is not necessary with their line of nutrients but I can't find it now..

I haven't needed it but that could be due to my well water :)

Cheers.

It may actually be fine, but always something to check.
I don't know anything about your nutes but it's looking like maybe there is a possibility that they are running a bit rich.
It could be like @odinsmaster was saying and is lacking CalMag (probably due to lockout). I've had that problem and though it didn't present exactly like yours, it did crisp my leaves up pretty quick and cause similar issues.
Luckily you are far enough along in flower that even worst case, you'll skid across the finish line without any leaves left but the bud will likely be just fine ;)

I'll be checking the pH tomorrow before and after I've mixed the nutrients in.
To be honest I don't know that much about the nutes either lol I just read good things online about the advanced nutrients and bought them and have followed the recommended amount to use each week through veg/bloom phase on their bud labs app. As a newbie I went for the AN pH perfect line of nutes due to them apparently being simple to use, apparently no need for calmag, to check pH etc maybe I read it wrong but apparently meant to be beginner friendly

Back
Top Bottom