My seeds aren't doing anything

cheddahwinch

Well not only did my order cake about five weeks to get to me but I germinated in water for the recommended time and the other batch is stuck in the soil directly I got a total of 8 seeds and neither back is doing anything the soil is moist on water and about every other day the lights are on about about 3 inches away on one and then the other one I don't have any light on to see if germination doesn't need light so either way if I was doing one thing wrong I would be doing one thing right with the other but none of them are doing anything please help me guys I can post pictures if you need but there's really nothing to look at other than dirt LOL please help me first time growing I am a NOOB

If I were you, I'd do what autoflower420 does - you say you have 2 batches, 1 in soil?
Can you improvise a 'humidity dome' - a coke bottle, etc can work great for this, and a water mister to keep the humidity up for the ones already in soil.
Germination in paper towel method dosen't need light, just warmth- my fav method is between 2 damp paper towels, in a plastic 'ziploc' type bag, and just stick it somewhere warm. You should see a root after 24-48 hrs.
You say you germinated others in water? How do you mean? Like in a shot glass?

Theres nothing wrong with being a NOOB - you'll get there.
What type of lights etc are you using, out of interest? Good luck, hope they pop soon! What kind of beans did you get- autos or 'regular'?

I've had success with placing the seeds in a shot glass of water for 24 hrs. After about 5-6 hrs I'll gently push down any seeds that haven't sunk to the bottom on their own. Next I take 2 pieces of paper towel and fold them in half on a small plate and wet the towel. I place the seeds from the shot glass onto the paper towel and fold the towel in half again to cover the seeds. Keep the paper towel wet but not quite standing water on the plate and wait for the tap root to form, generally 2-5 days. Once the tap root has grown to roughly 1/4" - 1/2" you are ready to plant them, tap root down. When you plant them, put them into the soil about 3/8" below the surface and cover with soil. Do not compact the soil over the seed and lightly water. Good luck cheddahwinch .

Thank you for the advice I think I pretty much did all that doesn't matter if the Taproot is not grown all the way out before I plant it and it's in the rooms and now with the lights on it keep that close to warm it's in the right temperature range I think any more advice or am I just being impatient like all the other noobs out there LOL
If I were you, I'd do what autoflower420 does - you say you have 2 batches, 1 in soil?
Can you improvise a 'humidity dome' - a coke bottle, etc can work great for this, and a water mister to keep the humidity up for the ones already in soil.
Germination in paper towel method dosen't need light, just warmth- my fav method is between 2 damp paper towels, in a plastic 'ziploc' type bag, and just stick it somewhere warm. You should see a root after 24-48 hrs.
You say you germinated others in water? How do you mean? Like in a shot glass?

Theres nothing wrong with being a NOOB - you'll get there.
What type of lights etc are you using, out of interest? Good luck, hope they pop soon! What kind of beans did you get- autos or 'regular'?

Improvised humidity dome. Seed sprouted in 48 hrs with the rockwool/dome method.
420-magazine-mobile288541388.jpg
420-magazine-mobile806415436.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm starting to care about these seeds now, have they sprouted dude :) ?
Keep em warm, misted a couple times times daily so soil is damp and there is condensation in the dome- the cup above shows anything really can be used, i like to cut a plastic bottle in half , you can see thru , hell, I'm still impatient watching my seeds come up.
You have some in soil under lights- yeh? and some in water " but I germinated in water for the recommended time and the other batch is stuck in the soil directly" Am I getting this scenario right?
It does not matter really if you stick 'em in soil like nature with no root out yet, but likely you will be waiting that few days longer to see a baby plant. It is probably the less stressful way for the seed, they don't like being handled.
It's gonna be like Christmas morning as a kid when your first seed becomes a lil green seedling. You go around all day half delirious with happiness and your little secret.
Rootin' for your baby trees bro. Keep us posted. Good Luck- :Namaste::volcano-smiley:

Yes you do got the scenario correctly and in fact I just got two more seeds that's called stardawg I have one token in the middle of a cotton ball will not soaking but damn and I then one in a shot glass that I'm probably going to leave in for about 48 Hours depending on what you say that yes I have the other two batches still for in soil and now the other four are in soil too so I have 8 in the soil with no Sprout yet and now I just started two more new seeds one with a cotton ball and then the other one and a shot glass thank you so much for your help then my other strain is called blueberry from crop King seeds I really hope it's not the seeds

First off how long ago did you plant them.
I took my seeds and soaked them in water for 16 hours then placed in soil with a light over it. There was no visible tap root yet when I placed in soil and one sprouted in four days and one in five days......hope that helps. But just a tip warm and humid...do you have a heating pad?

I planted the seeds about 1-3 centermeters and geltly pushed the soil over and watered around it with distilled water pH is already at 6.5

No I don't have any heating pads the room temp is about 78 the soil is that just the right time and I make sure and my water is just the right temp to I use a laser true power temp gun

12 days.....ive seen them take 14 days before but seems kind of long...hopefully if you make a make shift humidity dome and place your container on a heating pad on low it will kick it in and give it that extra boost it needs.....good luck

That's what I do. Put them in a damp paper towel (not soaking wet) and then in a zip lock bag, into a small cardboard box to keep it dark and on the heating pad on low and boom in 2-3 days 8/10 have 1/4" taps sticking out.

Okay guys here's an update so all 7 out of 8 I think has died bad seeds I only have one above ground and the extra two that I had got that I told you about they are already have a Taproot hanging down at the end of the seed and those two seeds I got off the street once called stardawg good ones called Trainwreck I really hope King seeds works with me I don't think it's fair that I have to pay for the whole price again I think we should go half and half for her new set both our faults took 6 weeks to get here and it's my fault because I was cheap and I didn't pay for the $30 extradited shipping

i got the seeds from crop king seeds and when I try to upload my seedling it says "You do not have any photos uploaded to the gallery or no images match the filtering options set. "

and dobbi im sorry I miss read your reply all the seeds I have I started with the whole water process then damp napkin then into the soil I had did them in a set of 4 and waited another day to start the other in the water so if I messed up with one batch I could quickly correct the new batch but out of all those I only have one popping up you absolutely right I almost feel down the steps running in excitement to my mom saying I got life really I took a few pics but for some reason its not letting me upload then i had grabbed 2 more seeds on the street there germinating now its been 48 hrs.' with water and napkin method after and i already have a tiny tap root all the past 8 seeds didn't even sprout a tap root so please and thank you to everybody that is helping me accomplish my dream

Back
Top Bottom