My Very First Grow

Re: question on ONA gel quantity

Tay, I paid $17 less 10% Deep Water Culture discount for a quart jar of Ona from Stealth Hydro. I used 80% of it during the entire grow in my Odor Bucket but I did not run the Odor Bucket all day, everyday. I only used it when I expected company.

Dang! I forgot about the Stealth Hydro Deep Water Culture discount...anyway, I paid about $60 for a gallon (including shipping) for ONA and it should be here in a couple days. Shoulda waited patiently (not easy for this Aries ram) and would have known that a quart would have sufficed. <sigh>

My plants are definitely smelly! I leave my bedroom window open a couple inches during the day, 2nd floor, so no chance of any snoopy neighbors catching a direct whiff, and have been shutting it at night before bed. I forgot and left my bedroom door wide open today and when the kids and I got home, it really reeked! Yikes. I turned the bucket on and the smell was gone in a couple minutes, but man oh man, they are some smelly plants!

Anyone care to take a guess at what strain they might be from my pix. They're just bagseed so I have noooooo clue!

My check cleared on the 15th so hoping to have my medical marijuana card in hand within a couple weeks. =) woo hoo!

Thanks for the support ya'll.

ONA and question...

My ONA arrived today. I dumped out the Target stuff and washed the bucket good, added new water and about 2 TBS of the ONA and voila! the house smells great! :thumb:

I am wondering if I should move a couple of my plants, they are all 4 together at one end of the tub right now, and they'd have more room--especially later--if there were two on each end. Is this a good idea? Or the meds talkin'?

[cross-posting to my fellow Deep Water Culture (is that okay?)]
Tay

Re: question on ONA gel quantity

Dang! I forgot about the Stealth Hydro Deep Water Culture discount...anyway, I paid about $60 for a gallon (including shipping) for ONA and it should be here in a couple days. Shoulda waited patiently (not easy for this Aries ram) and would have known that a quart would have sufficed. <sigh>

My plants are definitely smelly! I leave my bedroom window open a couple inches during the day, 2nd floor, so no chance of any snoopy neighbors catching a direct whiff, and have been shutting it at night before bed. I forgot and left my bedroom door wide open today and when the kids and I got home, it really reeked! Yikes. I turned the bucket on and the smell was gone in a couple minutes, but man oh man, they are some smelly plants!

Anyone care to take a guess at what strain they might be from my pix. They're just bagseed so I have noooooo clue!

My check cleared on the 15th so hoping to have my medical marijuana card in hand within a couple weeks. =) woo hoo!

Thanks for the support ya'll.

I just caught the Aries ram! So you are having a Birthday around this time soon?

I'm an ametuer astrologer.

The more space the better usually, simply so that they do not shade each other. That of course tho is if your lights are up to it and give enough of a footprint.

I continously rotate also, unless you have a lumens reader it is often hard to know accurately where the bright spots are.

Nice work amiga, keep it up.

:thumb:

Move one to each corner, yes.

I am hoping to get that accomplished tomorrow.

Good news, my "green card" arrived in the mail on Thursday. =)

Starting to worry that i have to really rush this grow...I have to get moved out by July 31, therefore I have to have my notice in by June 30, thus my entire setup must have vanished by then.

So far, all my nodes are still popping up evenly, so I know they're not "mature" yet. Hmmm, stressin myself out here!!!

The more space the better usually, simply so that they do not shade each other. That of course tho is if your lights are up to it and give enough of a footprint.

I continously rotate also, unless you have a lumens reader it is often hard to know accurately where the bright spots are.

Nice work amiga, keep it up.

:thumb:

Thanks 3lions, I only have 4 lights hanging, 2-23w 5000k and 2-26w 6500k's. I do move them around every day. So far they seem to be doing the trick.

New pics up in a few minutes.

pictures...day 41

032710.JPG

group shot, to me the look healthy, but what do I know?!

032710_2.JPG

See, not gettin very tall. All kinds of new growth down low though...
032710_4.JPG

032710_5.JPG

this one's shot looking straight down.

I'm baaaaaaack!

Hey all,
I have been offline for a while, forgot my laptop at a friend's, got it back a couple days later, but by then I had started a cross-stitch project and was kinda obsessive about it! Anyway...

Roseman, sorry to hear about the shingles and bad back, hope you enjoyed your visitors though!

My plants are doing great! At least I think so. Looking back at the pix I am amazed by their growth! They have gotten a lot taller in the last week since I raised the lights up higher. I am still watching for them to be "mature" but I haven't seen any new *single* shoots, only pairs. I am on day 49......and trying to wait patiently. I started transitioning to the bloom phase on my nutes over the weekend. Anyone think that is premature??? Sure hope they're GIRLS after all this anticipation!!!! =) I am no longer stressing about getting them harvested by June 30 though, a friend has agreed to be my "caregiver" so if I need to, I will move them to her house...

Going upstairs to take some pix and I'll post them in a bit. =)

Tara

You can FORCE FLOWER them at anytime, two days, two weeks, it doesn't matter a lot, by starting 12/12 lights, but waiting until they are mature (about 5 weeks of Vegging) means a much larger harvest. I start 12/12 and stay on vEG nutes a week, then start the Flowering nutes, but what you have done is fine and will work OK too.

You can FORCE FLOWER them at anytime, two days, two weeks, it doesn't matter a lot, by starting 12/12 lights, but waiting until they are mature (about 5 weeks of Vegging) means a much larger harvest. I start 12/12 and stay on vEG nutes a week, then start the Flowering nutes, but what you have done is fine and will work OK too.

Is there something specific that determines that the plant is 'mature' Roseman? (single shoots not pairs mentioned)

Is there something specific that determines that the plant is 'mature' Roseman? (single shoots not pairs mentioned)

A sexually mature plant will have staggered nodes (just like a flowering plant does) not even ones... They will also "preflower" which means they'll start to show a single pistil coming out of the nodes.

Pistils are generally first because it takes a little time for the staggered growth to show. But yeah - with CFL's, you're going to want to flower soon rather than later: you'll be surprised at how tall they'll get during the stretch, and if your light penetration is no good, you could end up with dead undergrowth.

transitioning to bloom...

It is nice having the option of moving them somewher if necessary. Even if it is only to hang them dry and cure them at my friend's!!! I am going to continue waiting patiently...until Sunday, LOLOLOLOL then I am will follow your advice and put them 12/12 a week. On GH nutes, they have a "transition to bloom" phase which is what I did last weekend and probably will do this weekend again.

I guess this grow is moving along pretty well! Honestly, I never could have done any of it without this site, and particularly your tutorial Roseman!

I fell asleep last night before I could even take new pix, much less get them posted....

Back
Top Bottom