My Very First Grow

Still growin'! I switched to 12/12 last weekend, and took my 6500k's out and replaced them with 2700k's, so there's 2 of them and 2 5000k's. I have been watching closely for any sign of a "banana" or "balls" or anything of the sort :laughtwo: and so far: nada. One plant is gi-nor-mous compared to the other 3, it seems to be a different strain...anyway, I need to rig the lights up to a timer, separate from the bubblers...but I've been busy raising two kids and 3 puppies...phew! That's LIFE, right!? =)

Okay, so I just took a moment to take some pictures, as I turned the "lights out!" and I'll post them in a minute.

041910_straight_down.JPG

041910_3.JPG

some of them honestly look purple to me. what do ya'll think?

041910_closet.JPG

still a functioning closet. =)

041910_1.JPG

Is it normal to have so much new growth at the bottom of the plant?

041910_2.JPG

purpley leaves can definately be the strain tayrific amiga. It can also sometimes be big swings in temperatures, i.e being too cold with the lights out.

It is normal to get growth all over it basically yes, in a healthy plant. Often people trim etc low on the plant so maybe you have seen that. I would not recommend it tho. Just move the bigger leaves to the side or something if they shade new growth too much after a few days.

:thumb:

You have a GREAT grow here! Lots of good advice and people.

Your plants look really good, so be careful making any big changes, but I have a few small suggestions.

Re the purple. It could be genetics, but its pretty early for that to be showing. More likely its either temps or a slight deficiency. I'm gonna guess temps because you've already switched to flowering nutes which should have more P and K which should counter the purpling.

If your temps are going into the mid to low 60s or lower at night then that is prolly causing it - not a big deal. It will slow their growth a very little bit, but not hurt potency or yield. But given your timeframe - I know you wanna eeeek out any extra day you can.

As far as trimming and dealing with the fan leaves. Indoors plants don't need nearly as many as outdoor plants. Fan leaves are there to protect the buds from wind, rain, and too much direct light. They do supply the plant with some energy, but you can be very liberal in trimming them and still see good growth. Not only can you trim some - but you SHOULD trim some. A good rule of thumb is if the leaf is growing right from the stem directly under a branch node - then its prolly worth taking off. Let the light through to the lower stuff. Use common sense. Leave at least the very top two for new growth, but aside from that - if you can't easily bend it out of the way - cut it. Fan leaves ONLY! You can wait to trim any lower branches til later when you decide what kind of growth you want.

Great grow!

:goodjob::goodluck:

P.S. - Grats on the card! :cool:

hey ya'll. Thanks for all the advice. I can't get any good pictures, they all come out blurry or overexposed, but I have pistils on all 4 plants! Still no signs of any bananas or balls, so unless I stress them out and hermie them, I believe I was lucky enough to get 4 female seeds, by chance! Is there a safe point when you can stop looking for males? soon as my kids go outside to play it's time for a complete res change...
T.

042510_tops.JPG

tops

042510_all.JPG

running out of height room?

Doing a complete res change today--soon as the kids go outside to play, if it ever warms up. What's with this 40 degree crap on the weekends and 80 degrees during the work week????? Sorry...off on a tangent there for a minute, need to smoke another bowl apparently!!!

ahhhh, better. I appreciate the snow on big mountain still, I do! I just have a touch of spring fever I think! Next time it's 80 degrees out on a Wednesday, I will take a loooooooooong lunch! =)

Enjoy your Sunday ya'll.
T.

You may be ok with your head room but i dont know it looks good but you also may want to start thinkin about where your goin to put it, you say your room but where at in your room your going to have to re spray pestacide i would imagine also make sure it stays dark dark for the 12 hours off im sure you know all this but just want to elaborate a lil on it.

hey ya'll. Thanks for all the advice. I can't get any good pictures, they all come out blurry or overexposed, but I have pistils on all 4 plants! Still no signs of any bananas or balls, so unless I stress them out and hermie them, I believe I was lucky enough to get 4 female seeds, by chance! Is there a safe point when you can stop looking for males? soon as my kids go outside to play it's time for a complete res change...
T.

Lookin fantastic! If you've got hairs/buds - you've got females for sure - no more worries there. Nanners and stuff won't show til later, and they are rare. Hermies - if you think there's a light leak then definitely double check - or crazy heat (like warmer at night than day) then maybe double check - but basically keep them healthy and enjoy the ride!

:thumb::thumb:

+Reps if I can

Back
Top Bottom