My very first harvest - Ever

Jlass

This crop took a lot of love and care and we had some trials and tribulations along the way but I am very pleased at how this turned out for my first time. I tried a small bud by quick drying to test the potency and it's a very nice uppity and happy outcome. Please feel free to comment or critique, it's a learning process! TIA
Jlass
FullSizeRender_2_25.jpg
IMG_7474.PNG
IMG_74674.JPG
IMG_74615.JPG

looks yummy to me, any idea what strain? Additional grow info would be cool too!

Hi Sixspeedy,

No I started this from scratch with seeds that I had collected from others randomly. We had no idea what we were going to get but we had to start somewhere, and I'm quite happy with the outcome. I have about four different strains going on, each with their own very obvious traits. I am not aware of the educate on naming a strain, but my husband thinks a good name for this strain would be Double D because she's been our biggest producer. In a minute here i'm going to post the dry boxes he built and one box for this girl is just ONE plant. So needless to say I'm happy! It took me all night to harvest and trim up just ONE plant. I plan to come back when I'm not in the thick of this harvest to map out how we did everything. We sure did learn a LOT along the way. Going back I could see where if I started over I would change a lot of things. However, we were vigilant and we took everything in stride and not to sound whatever but for what we went through with this first grow I am damn proud of us for what we got.

Okay here it is, the final product in it's innovative dry boxes that my husband built out of some Rapture Light boxes. So here are some pics of the boxes and the design. Basically what he did was used a light fan and vented the box into the second box which has an exhaust. So it's pulling in air from one hose and exiting through another and the two boxes are vented together so there is wonderful air circulation going between the two when the boxes are closed, finally the air out goes into the grow room which is ventilated out the chimney. So I'm extremely impressed that my husband came up with this overnight after working a 13 hour shift. Enjoy!
IMG_74962.JPG
IMG_74943.JPG
IMG_74922.JPG
IMG_74902.JPG
IMG_74892.JPG
IMG_74864.JPG
IMG_74853.JPG
IMG_74813.JPG
FullSizeRender_3_18.jpg

As mentioned in your other thread Jlass, I don't think I you'll need to run the fan through that drying box for very long before the fear of mold is gone, and they could dry slowly without (?) the fan.
Did you flush the plant? If so for how long? Just curious. It s
Does look really good- very 'ripe'

As mentioned in your other thread Jlass, I don't think I you'll need to run the fan through that drying box for very long before the fear of mold is gone, and they could dry slowly without (?) the fan.
Did you flush the plant? If so for how long? Just curious. It s
Does look really good- very 'ripe'
Weaselcracker,
The fan is so, so low that it is literally just enough to keep the air from being totally stagnant. When I put my hand directly above the fan I it is hard to even tell it is on. It's enough to create the vaccuum to pull the exhaust out into the flowering room which is vented with a carbon filter and out the chimney. Seriously if I didn't KNOW the fan was in there, I would not be able to tell. The hanging buds don't move or flutter or anything. The main reason for the venting it the way we did and sealing the boxes was to curb the smell. Due to the comments you and a couple of others have made, we made a point of making sure the air was very subtle.
Yes, we did flush the plants starting one week prior to harvest. However one thing I can't believe I forgot to mention is that this grow is 100% Organic. Meaning there are no liquid or otherwise synthetic nutrients added.

I researched for awhile before we began and I already dabble in gardening and soil mixes and hybridizing my outdoor flower gardens and so I had some good recipes to build from. I came up with a "super soil" recipe with the perfect PH and I actually travel to a nearby friends house to collect artesian well water that has perfect PH.

Everything has been professionally tested (PH wise). I happen to be lucky enough to have a BFF who is a chemist and he does a lot of testing of this and that for me :) So doing it that way, the soil is where the nutrients are and so flushing is something I literally just started to research more closely this week actually. I haven't gotten too far, but I will say I have run into some articles that claim that flushing is not necessary for plants grown in organic soil. If I remember correctly the reason stated was because of some sort of shock it puts the plant in. However, like I said, I have barely opened the book on that research and so I will be looking very closely into that.

My objective aside from growing organic, and awesome cannabis is to attempt to eliminate as much of the coughing as possible. I noticed a few years ago after smoking a friends organic cannabis that I didn't cough at all, whereas when I smoke any that have used synthetic nutrients I cough my face off. So this is one of my main goals.

Another focus for this MM is that I have a brother in law who suffers from a medly of disorders, disabilities, and disease. He has a brain tumor that goes from his brain down his spine. He has a shunt that drains fluid to his stomach (Yikes), he has now developed severe diabetes as well and his kidneys are so bad that he is now receiving dialysis four times per week at five hour intervals. He has Khiari Malformation, which causes the tumor. So he was the motivation that made me get started on this while medicinal MJ thing.

I was getting my own from a caregiver, but I could not guarantee the organic authenticity. I have always been interested in growing, but I think for just me I wasn't motivated enough, but then I realized I could help my brother in law and others, hopefully.

Once I have isolated a few strains that I like I would like to develop my own CBD oils with it to help treat myself, my brother in law, and my father who has severe parkinson's. Unfortunately they haven't legalized cannabis use for Parkinson's yet (silly) but I'm hoping I can grown medicine for my father soon. I know that is more than what you asked, but it kinda explains my approach.

What are your thoughts on flushing, and have you heard any of this business about it not being necessary with plants potted in organic soil?

Here is a pic of a strain that was otherwise unknown that I started from seed and cloned. I have nicknamed it, Pepe Le Pew. The reason being that when I started trimming these buds the fragrance coming off from them was like none other I've ever smelled. It has a strong skunk Oder but is almost masked by a smell that could be likened to a Boquette of flowers. It reminded me so much of the cartoon Pepe Le Pew (the cartoon skunk) because he used to spray himself with fragrance to cover up his skunk smell to get the girl. Lol! So, unknown strain I have nicknamed Pepe Le Pew... Enjoy! Wish I could post the smell, it's mind boggling and delicious smelling!!
image30734.jpg

UPDATE: The fan in the box is not blowing inward. LMAO! I guess I didn't specifically ask my husband, I just surmised... The fan is only pulling from the fresh air inlet in the other box next to it. So, the duct coming out near the top left of the box on the left is fresh air intake vent, no fan, on the right side of the box on the left, there is a vent into/connecting the box on the right. The duct on the bottom of the box on the right has the fan purposed as an exaust, not intake. So, silly me, sorry, I just assumed and didn't specifically ask my husband all of the specifications.

Back
Top Bottom