NDW's New and Improved Hydro Grow

Re: My new hydro grow room

Yeah looks like your going to have some nice shit. Were did you get the urkle from? I've been looking for a clone for the longest of time.

A heater?? how cold is it there now?? lol It only gets in the high 60s for the low.....I might need to buy a cooler....lol Every thing looks Great!!!! Keep up the good work!!

I have another question...on that six plant container...do you have to change it out once the plants get bigger? It just looks close to gether..

Re: My new hydro grow

Hey everyone just an update on my current grow. The catterpillar seedlings are doing great and I am getting ready to germ a few more seeds from the seeds I picked up this weekend. I ended up with alot of seeds. I got ahold of Purple Urkle, T1, Super Silver Haze, White Widow, Grapefruit, and Mendo Purp. Obviously I can't grow all these strains (and I got alot of seeds from each strain). So how about some voting? I will be able to do four more plants in there since I will be taking out 2 of the Caterpillars to put in soil. That means that I will be doing only 2 strains, so that I can increase my chances of getting atleast one female from each strain. So pick your top two and we will see which come out on top. But for now here are some pics of the catterpillar 11 days in.

Day11_Plant11.jpg

Day11_Plant21.jpg

Day11_Plant31.jpg

Day11_Plant41.jpg

:passitleft:

Awsome dude, cant wait to see this get further along. . . i loved your last grow and i'm sure i'll love this one. did you buy femenized seeds?

I didn't have to buy my seeds I know a few growers up in Mendocino County that were happy to part with some seeds for me. And yes they should be feminized. But there is no way for me to gaurantee that. They remove all males and dust some lower limbs on females with hermaphrodite pollen, so they should all be feminized, but they were grown outside so there is the possibility that some male pollen got in there. And I'm not taking any chances.

Oh yeah and the deal with the heater is that this grow is not taking place inside the house but out in the garage where there is no insulation. So the temps at night get down into the lower 50's and sometimes upper 40's at night. So what I did was set the heater to kick on automatically at 60º F. The temp still drops to about 55º at night which is fine but before the heater my clones were turning purple so I knew it was definitely gettting too cold in there. Don't forget I'm not in San Diego anymore, I'm in NorCal again where you actually need a blanket at night. lol The biggest cause of cold in there is te drafts, the garage is not sealed very well so alot of cold air comes through, this will be stopped as soon as I get around to going and picking up a roll of thick black plastic. Hopefully in the next week or so.

purple kush, or any big bud hybrid is fun

Ummmm I was talking more about a vote on the strains I already have that I listed on the last page lol. Nice suggestions but I think I have a pretty good selection already. :passitleft:

well i guess i just dont pay attention to anything. . . purple urkle and silver haze then a suppose. . . doit up man!!!

Alright another update. These shots were from yesterday which was day 13 of this grow and the babies are doing great. I know in these shots they don't look like much but they're really starting to freak me out a little how huge this first set of leaves are getting, since these shots they have about doubled in size.

Day13_Cat11.jpg

Day13_Cat21.jpg

Day13_Cat31.jpg

Day13_Cat41.jpg

:nomo:

lookin nice bro, they will grow big and strong. . . may the canna-gods shine on you

And also on you. lol Thanks Brett. One other thing I think I'm going to germ some of my new seeds today. I will be going with the Purple Urkle and the Super Silver Haze like my one voter(Thanks again Brett) suggested. So once the new seeds germ I will have to take some of the caterpillar seedlings out of the system and put them in soil. There are currently 6 of the Caterpillars, Yeah I know that I've only been showing 4 of them, that's because I started the other 2 late so they are quite a bit smaller (just broke soil 3 days ago).

So that means I will have 4 of the Caterpillars going straight into flowering because I don't have enough room or light for them to veg. Should be interesting.

Hey all here's today's update. It's day 17 for plants 2 and 3 and day 12 for plant 5. They doing great and plant 5 should be ready to be transplanted to soil in a day or 2. Which works out well because I put my Purple Urkle and Super Silver seeds in water yesterday and they have cracked as of this morning and will be going into rockwool this afternoon. When they pop up from the rockwool they will go into the hydro setup and plant 5 will come out. That should give plant 5 time to get a bit more mature.

Also I made some grow room changes and took my hydro grow box from my first grow and tore it apart to make an incasement for this grow. Here's a shot of what it looks like now and the babies inside. This should also help to maintain the tempo in there at night. And I finally got around to sealing up all the wholes in the garage so it's not getting as cold in there at night anymore. The stickers are just sitting there to cover the holes so that light doesn't get in there and for algae.

ChangesToGrowArea1.jpg

Day17_Group1.jpg

Day17_Cat21.jpg

Day17_Cat31.jpg

Day17_Cat51.jpg

Back
Top Bottom