Boomer444's New and Improved Indoor Grow

Re: Hozona's New and Improved Indoor Grow

New 6 X 2 X 3 clone/veg area...
I used a folding table to build this on...less bending over....8 three foot pieces for legs attached to table, four 3way corners, 4 4way corners, 4 Ts, 8 24" Crosstubes, and a roll of reflective insulation (does sides and back used the rest from my previous veg area and the sides became the top with masonite attached) ....Have my roll around chair, Bubble bags in Homer bucket, bucket cloner with 2 2' 65K florescents, All of the girls on the right have been LST'd , Seven of the nine strains I started in December are in this next line-up...TOPPING THE LIST are Blue Cheese, Blue Mystic, Royal Purple, and MMMF. Also included in this grow will be Blue Widow, Jorge's Diamond, and Sour Diesel. Not included are Big Bud and Medi Bud. I should be getting my T5 (4 4' lamps)for the veg area next week...along with some praying mantis egg cases...I'll probably scrap the one so called POS hood I got from an un-named company and hang cfls in the tent to supplement my 400w MH/HPS...and that long needed AC unit for on my sun porch is coming soon! Next week maybe...

IMG_062416.JPG

When I close it up it looks like this...
IMG_062517.JPG

I am already picturing it larger:cheesygrinsmiley:I'll move the tent in on Friday if it rains out the car show, otherwise Sunday.
This looks like it could be the start of my next journal...but I won't close this one until the BigBud finishes and I have some weights and smoke reports done:cheesygrinsmiley:

Top notch hoz buddy. +reps
Thanks...trimmed the buds off the stems tonight..pics and weights later
Great DIY Zona! And you have room for the cloner below. Very nice! You're inspiring me to stop procrastinating and get mine done.:)
Procrastination is the mother of failure....getter done....:cheesygrinsmiley:Easy for me to say, I'm retired! With a small pension and early (smaller) Social Security....
:tokin:

Well, I've go no excuse. I'm unemployed and on unemployment, so I've got the time and the little bit of cash needed to pick up one extra piece of wood I need to get my veg room project done.

I have some reflective foil insulation, like you used, I can use to make the screen I need. I realized I only need to make one side of the box. I just need to place it in the corner of the existing sprout room.

CROP REPORT!
Well after the weigh-in the production numbers for my last three harvested are as follows:
In last place with 13.3 grams of gooey goodness
IMG_062814.JPG

In a strong second place with 28.7 grams for two plants...14.35 grams per plant
IMG_062715.JPG

And the winner...NOT IN AERO...
IMG_062916.JPG

Just shows to go :rofl: No No winner in Hydro although the Royal Purple and Blue Mystic are gooey messes.
Smart pots with coco and a dose of poop soup to kick start the BID way is the winner!!:yahoo:....SO FAR...Big Bud is looking like it may end up being the lone hydro contender...:cheesygrinsmiley:69 grams=.9g per watt

Well, I've go no excuse. I'm unemployed and on unemployment, so I've got the time and the little bit of cash needed to pick up one extra piece of wood I need to get my veg room project done.

I have some reflective foil insulation, like you used, I can use to make the screen I need. I realized I only need to make one side of the box. I just need to place it in the corner of the existing sprout room.
There ya go...I remember when I was happy with 2 walls and a slider in the closet AND THAT WAS LESS THAN A YEAR AGO! :rofl:

There ya go...I remember when I was happy with 2 walls and a slider in the closet AND THAT WAS LESS THAN A YEAR AGO! :rofl:

I'm sure if I was employed I'd be buying a little veg tent and a dedicated light and a... My little DIY veg screen will do OK for now though. :thumb:

I'm sure if I was employed I'd be buying a little veg tent and a dedicated light and a... My little DIY veg screen will do OK for now though. :thumb:
Kush...you ARE doing a good job with your grow...I just sold a car I didn't need which has helped supplement my cash flow. Hence the new light I ordered..:cheesygrinsmiley:

Kush...you ARE doing a good job with your grow...I just sold a car I didn't need which has helped supplement my cash flow. Hence the new light I ordered..:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Hoz! I suppose it's forcing me to think for myself and be creative, rather than just buying something off the shelf.

Speaking of buying something off the shelf, I want a new hood and ballast for my new grow. Something with a better spread of light. Right now I have to raise my light pretty high if I want even coverage over the whole closet. And if I'm going to have three or four plants in there next grow, well a better hood would help.

I saw where a guy used a power strip, some plug-in sockets, cfls, and a white plastic tub for a reflector...think it was on youtube..appeared to work well. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Actually, my flower closet would probably work well with a vertical hanging MH/HPS and no hood. I could put a plant in every corner and rotate them around a few times a day.

Hozona... you have not stopped teaching :cheesygrinsmiley:

Actually, my flower closet would probably work well with a vertical hanging MH/HPS and no hood. I could put a plant in every corner and rotate them around a few times a day.
Saw a circular NFT set-up with the light hanging in the middle...in a closet with four plants and a bulb in the middle might end up being very productive...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Check my signature...new journal up and running...shoulda posted this yesterday...Sorry brothers and sisters...BRAIN FART!! And I was totally spent at the end of the day! :cheesygrinsmiley:
If I was spent yesterday, I musta found some change!!!
When I say getter done, I GOT HER DONE!!!
Got my AC (12,000 BTU) says it will do 500 sq ft...my room is under 200. Took down, cleaned, and moved the tent into the grow room, hooked up the vent, I vent the tent out the top hole and have an outlet mounted on the top of the vent window spacer that came with the AC...the AC vents out another outlet in the bottom of the spacer. I put insulated foil in all the windows (cheap ass single pane windows) to help insulate more and reflect the summer heat back outdoors...I don't worry about the neighbors seeing the veg area because I am using GLR in the veg area...lights go off in the evening and come on for an hour at 2:30 AM then go off until morning. The only lights on out there at night is the florescent fixture under the veg area for the clones. Got the AC at Loews for $430 tax and all! Home Deeps had none in stock!!! With foam insulation, tape, and all it was less than what I was going to spend at HD. Enough with the chat here's a picture!
IMG_063017.JPG

Loving the set up. And the AC is bad ass. How much wattage does it use? I had my eye on that same type but was suspect on the power usage
I have wanted to get one to make the space usuable for a long time..have it all on the same outlet and will actually have less draw on it when my T5 arrives next week...have a couple of ideas stirring around for my 5 105w CFLs...as far as watts I don't exactly know at the moment. I'll get back with you on that ...I am sure it won't be cheap....but that is why I insulated ALL the windows in that room ...5 4X4s 2 3X4s and the outside door...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom