Need assistance making a rescue!

BHOtanical

sorry for the poor quality and spine tangeling angle of the picture.
I rescued one of my buddies outdoor ladies about 10 days ago.
what it was lookin' like before me::
rough outdoor environment
random soil
tap watered
very small pot

My additions
Under 1 a platinumgrow P300
I transplanted into bigger pot
FFOF/PERLITE mix 65%/35%
6.7 ph water

It hasn't grown since I've had it, I transplanted a week ago or so, shortly afterwards leaves started curling in, it's progressed into not only clawing but now it's curling down the middle,my guess is nitrogen so I let the soil dry out and watered yesterday with 6.7 distilled water, still no changes today. Someone save this poor thing! Will add more pictures upon request, thank you all in advance! :thanks:
sick15.jpg

sick26.jpg

You might have stressed it a lot by taking it from a basic dirt soil into FFOF which is loaded with nutrients. Do you have the main stem supported with a dowel of some sort? Is the plant wanting to bend over? If the leaves and the main stem are drooping then its a sign under watering. If the stem is straight, but the leaves droop, then it is over watered.

I do have it supported. I don't really think it's a watering issue as I've let her dry out pretty good and watered to no avail. The leaves at the bottom were already yellow and dying when I first got my hands on her so there was definitely issues before. You make a very good point about the shock, but I tried to take it as gradual as possible letting her get used to the lights for a couple days before transplanting. Anyone else think its a nitrogen issue? stress issue? watering issue?

I would not worry about the yellowing lower leafs to much as few of those do die off in veg/flowering around the base... it may how ever suggest lack of feeding of nutrients !

As you have just recently potted up into ffof which contains some nutrients suitable for the next few weeks & would suspect the some of the lower mildly yellowing leaf to perk up a little, at best it may well be minor nitrogen def.

Mmm yes potting up may prove stressful at times depending on how badly the roots where disturbed but is always wise to water in well afterwards... ye it can stunt growth for a short period of time e.g several days or more etc as the roots need to establish them selves into the new soil/compost.

Some of the stunted growth may be environmental as i'm not sure what your out door conditions are like to the point of moving the plant under lights... so ye the transition from A to B could include stress (environment change).

At best you may have to ride it out for a couple of weeks before it picks up.

Also of note - it's flowering the change/transition recently & the stress involved may induce a hermie... i'm not saying it is going to happen but i would keep an eye open for banana's :thumb:

Oh ye when i first looked at the pic it did look like under watering or the soil was slightly to dry to the point of wilting...

Hey all! Little update, she started growing the past couple of days and the curled leaves grew but didn't rejuvinate at all, backing my nitrogen theory.
Any thought?
nitro2.jpg

nitro1.jpg

Mmm well...

Could be over watering to cause the curling down, limp look !

Could be border line nitrogen toxicity if ya recently just feed em & ya got your ratio mixed up a little ! (suspect)

I don't think it's the lighting as the most effected leaves are at the top where it gets the most light.
FFOF is a very good theory as well seeing how the leaves started curling as the roots grew into the new soil. Thank you for all the super helpful fuzzy duck! :high-five:
I guess now my question would be, what do I do next? Is there any solutions? How will this effect the grow? What should I be expecting to happen next?
Wish someone who's had this dilemma before stumbled upon this and beat me with some knowledge! :dreamy:

For a driveby, I agree with Fuzzy, Dan and others...it looks like too much N from fresh and hot soil, in early flower.

Nothing to do really, let her ride. She looks good, and I'd bet she'll be fine. Obviously, don't feed her any N heavy nutes. She'll take a little longer to finish, as too much N retards flowering.

For a driveby, I agree with Fuzzy, Dan and others...it looks like too much N from fresh and hot soil, in early flower.

Nothing to do really, let her ride. She looks good, and I'd bet she'll be fine. Obviously, don't feed her any N heavy nutes. She'll take a little longer to finish, as too much N retards flowering.

Any suggestions on additives in lowering N in soil possibly?

what's the temp and humidity of the grow area?

Not exactly sure as I have yet to install my temp/humidity gauge but I do have pretty good ventilation.

From experience with living in a subtropical area most of my life I know heat and humidity pretty well, with that being said I think the temperature stays between 70- 78 degrees. Now as far humidity goes I'm not sure if it's too wet for cannabis as I'm quiet the noob but it does feel just a little bit moist whenever I open the doors, but I'm sure that is normal as there is a plant living inside! Right?

Yes. Make sure you pH the water to 6.5 and then water with 2-5 times the amount of water the pot can hold. My 5 gal pot usually takes a 1 gal watering, so I would flush with 2-5 gallons. This will rid the soil of excess salts and nutrients and re balance the pH.

Not exactly sure as I have yet to install my temp/humidity gauge but I do have pretty good ventilation.

From experience with living in a subtropical area most of my life I know heat and humidity pretty well, with that being said I think the temperature stays between 70- 78 degrees. Now as far humidity goes I'm not sure if it's too wet for cannabis as I'm quiet the noob but it does feel just a little bit moist whenever I open the doors, but I'm sure that is normal as there is a plant living inside! Right?

I'm thinking that if it's not over watered then the humidity is too high. You can get a cheapo combo temp/humidity for about 10 bucks

Back
Top Bottom