Need help picking either CFL or LED's - New

Re: Need help picking either CFL or LED's ~new~

I was in the position of what light to use when I started my 1st grow (now in the flower stage, link in signature). I selected CFL because of price and I can change color temp without going broke!

Not to mention that if all else fails, I can use them around the house!

My grow as been described as great, very good, etc... see for yourself... but as best I can determine, they're doing fine!

I'm sold! on T5/T8/CFL! Look at my clones, doing great, 100% CFL! 4 100W CFLs at HD for $10... hard to beat.

LED: I've heard LED is the future, I've also seen the price and heard some say the spectrum is narrow, and a wide spectrum has an advantage.

Haven't used them, I question the quality of the products and the price. I KNOW CFL works. Other than saving $$ on the elec bill, (offset by the cost of buying them) I don't see the advantage.

Sorry to the LED-fans, but I don't see the net advantage.

Also, consider that they are new, they will improve, I don't want to be stuck with an outdated system that nobody wants and has been improved upon.

Just my opinion, but I do offer a money back guarantee :D If you don't like what I say... I'll pay you back the money you paid me for it!

Re: Need help picking either CFL or LED's ~new~

Those LED suck. They are 3 band. Dont even consider LED unless you are going to get a big 12-20 band spectrum LED fixture.

Just stick with CFL for a single plant or a small 100 watt or 150 watt MH/HPS.

weed farmer .com/cannabis/lights.php

com/cannabis/lights.php

Look at the link above ^^

this has all info about spectrums and what lights are good at what stages of grow. also giving info on size of room and distance you need for each wattage light.

Stick with CFL or HPS. And if its electricity cost on your bill your worried about. Run the GLR light schedule

normal_G-V-F_fit.jpg

I would be using GLR myself but my veg room is also a clone room and I am not sure how well plants clone under GLR, I know they do well with 24/7 or 18/6

Back
Top Bottom