Need help setting up 2x6 grow closet

what kind of tent is yours? do you have a link cause i think 5 feet wide would be perfect..

also i pushed up on the shelf and noticed i can remove it.. its glued but i can remove it so heighth won't be a problem. if you can recommend me one on the internet i would really appreciate. thank you very much ice for helping me man. would really love to get this grow going.

I have the Hydrohut silver edition 2x4, and I'm really happy with it, the only issue with mine is that the zipper threading is starting to come undone in certain area's, but a needle and a little thread and its all good again...

Check out growlab too, there pretty good from what I hear :)

I run an XL agromax, so far so good, im happy with it. It has 7 vent ports and 6 of them are 6" and have a Velcro cover you can take off to make them 8" and the last one is a 4"... I also have the 48x24x60 tent you were talking about that only comes with 4" ports...after a few cycles I cut a hole in the side and just used duct flanges for 6" it works fine no light leaks or air leaks but I agree with icemud if you're going to spend the money you might as well get something that you can add on too or use to expand with so you don't have to buy twice...i have a 400w in the 48x24x60 its about 2" from the tops temps stay around 74 but I have 6" ventilation and 400 something cfm fan... I don't suggest making your own vent holes though just buy what you need in the first place...i got lucky and it worked but you may not be so lucky and could end in a waste of money...

Since you cannot make holes I would stick to lower heat output lights, like T5 HO or CFL. You can still use the tent to have two growth stages going on. And you can still use a 4in fan exhaust to help pull out the heat but you will need a/c running since that's the only source of fresh and cool air you have without drilling holes.

You can get those 5gal bucket from homedepot and get a net basket over them (at your local hydro store) to grow hydroponically. It will be a deep water culture system, with airstone in the bottom creating bubbles in the premix while your plant sits in the basket sucking nutrients from the top with their roots dangling. You can fit a few of those in the closet with ease no need for trays.

would using a T5 HO or CFL make my grow take longer? Or would I still be able to produce every 2 months. And you say I can use ONE tent to have both the vegetative stage and flowering cycles but how would that work out? Would I need to seperate the box in the middle?

So i have narrowed my searches for a tent to either the

HydroHut Silver Edition 2x4 like icemud's.

&

Lighthouse 2x4

Lighthouse 2'x4' Indoor Greenhouse Hydrofarm | eBay

they are about the same price. does the hydrohut have the drawstrings for the exhaust

also i believe i am going to go with t5 lights due to lower heat output.

as for the t5 lights how many would i need?

i actually probably won't do perpetual growing.. just switching the cycles so probably 4 months per harvest. all good. how much can i expect to yield with t5's in a 2x4 1/2 tent.

would using a T5 HO or CFL make my grow take longer? Or would I still be able to produce every 2 months.

Yes if you're using soil. No if you're going hydro. You will not get the same yield as HID lights of course since those are very powerful, in return produce way more heat then the closet can handle without optimal ventilation. You need to make holes for your ventilation to be optimal, because the lights will heat up not only the closet but the room in which it is in. Since you've mentioned that you cannot make holes I'm providing thoughts on ways to get around that by using less powerful lights, for the ease of growing. You can still try but your plant will suffer. They thrive in temperature 65-75F. And 75-85F is ok too but yield will suffer. Above 85F they are not worth growing unless CO2 is introduced. Yes, you will still be able to meet harvest schedule every 2 months (given that your plants finishes in 6-8 weeks).

And you say I can use ONE tent to have both the vegetative stage and flowering cycles but how would that work out? Would I need to seperate the box in the middle?

The flowering cycle plants can be in the tent and the vegging plant can be outside the tent. Prefer to get a tent that is a bit smaller in width so there is room for vegging plant outside the tent and still be in the closet. That's how two cycles can be done right next to one another, the tent will block out any lights coming in. Actually, you don't need a tent until you're ready to flower your plants/clones. When you get your tent will need to push the tent all the way to the left/right and use the rest of the closet space for a different growth cycle.

Hope that helps. :Namaste:

So light leakage isn't a problematic factor during vegetative growth? Strictly flowering stages?

Okay so I have decided upon getting a 20" x 36" x 64" tent.

I am going to be doing a 2L grow. Only reason I have decided on a smaller grow is because I want this to be semi stealthy. No one goes to my closet and I want it to be able to fit in my closet.

I think I will go with Panda plastic just to put up so that my veg light isnt shining out of the room so it won't be noticeable I hope.

I have decided on using T5's for veg. I would like to get LED's for my flowering stage. What would be a good LED for a 2x3 space?

Any recommendations on where to get a good deal on feminized seeds?

will do.

Congrats on your decision on how your setup :) Make sure to start a grow journal if you haven't already, lots of great help here at 420mag, and we will be able to help and share the process with you :) Can't wait to see how everything starts out.. :)

Thank you but it is too big puff. I would like it all to be enclosed in my closet. I have revised my plans and is wondering if this would suffice.

QQQ1.jpg

from this

Untitled127.jpg

the 2 bottom tents are for flowering. the top shelf is for veg. the only problem i feel i have is would that not be enough room for the veg to supplement the amount of plants in the flowering room? if not I can do the cloner in like a stealth dresser or something.

how many mothers do i need?

twelve12 :D

The space looks good. The above space for vegging might be too small though to feed the perpetual flowering. You said there is another space for vegging? Use that and keep the top shelve free from plants and keep your tools up there. Or just keep clones rooting up there before they go into flowering tents below.

You can start on two mother plants and get them bush out then start filling one tent with clones, and slowly fill in the next tent until you have a full that are flowering. You might not have enough clones to fill the two tents with clones at first, so you can wait until you do, or start putting in clones to flower as soon as the mother plants produce them. It is entirely up to you. Either way with a separate vegging plant and flowering plant you will have a perpetual cycle after your first harvest.

i believe its big enough to have the veg on top. i can do seperate mothers/clone room in like a stealth shelf that i will be willing to build or buy.

Back
Top Bottom