Need help setting up 2x6 grow closet

if it is possible to have mother and clones in same room

It looks big but in reality mother plants needs more space unless you want to keep them bonsai small, but that would not be enough to provide the number of clones for perpetual cycle. Perhaps experience can offer better advice. From what I'm seeing, the top is ok for clones (short clones). I'm also worry about the heat, which floats up, and might dry out the clones above.

Building a space will give you more room to work with and house both mother and clones. Also you'll be able to control the temperature much effectively. Another option would be instead of having two flowering tents below, have one for veg and one for flower if the above isn't enough room for veg.

ya im just going to do one tent for flower, then use the rest of the space for veg/mother/clones.

It looks big but in reality mother plants needs more space unless you want to keep them bonsai small, but that would not be enough to provide the number of clones for perpetual cycle. Perhaps experience can offer better advice. From what I'm seeing, the top is ok for clones (short clones). I'm also worry about the heat, which floats up, and might dry out the clones above.

Building a space will give you more room to work with and house both mother and clones. Also you'll be able to control the temperature much effectively. Another option would be instead of having two flowering tents below, have one for veg and one for flower if the above isn't enough room for veg.

As far as your room space that your working with, and the diagrams you provided, very nice job on those by the way :) I would definitely 2nd what Twelve12 said. If you were to do a total of 4 large flowering plants, putting 2 into your flower tent about every 5 weeks, this would enable you to get around a 1/4 to 1/2lb every 5 weeks from your grow...depending on how much you train your plants :) You might even be able to fit 6 flowering plants in that size tent, but it may be a tight squeeze. Great advice Twelve12!! and its excellent to see you so excited and enthusiastic about getting the right setup the 1st time :) awesome job your doing so far Cpt Chronic!!

thanks bro i really appreciate all the input from everyone. without it this would be still be at step 1.

just ordered this tent.

36"x20"x60" MYLAR HYDROPONICS GROW TENT ROOM 3'X1.7'X5' CLONE T002 | eBay

i am putting it on the very left. then i am going to vent out and have the carbon filter hanging on the hanger bar with some zip ties or something. should i put mylar around the other 2x3 area that will be left for the vegetative cycle?

as for the lighting in the veg area i decided upon this

24" 2 ft T5 Grow Light Hydroponics 4 Lamps 6500K Veg Bulbs Sun 96W HO Used R24 | eBay

i would have gotten the 3' but i think it would be cutting it very close to the edge of the tent and i havent really gotten the tape measure out i measured with my shoe. would the 4 bulb 2' fixture be good for a 2x3 space? also the 3ft fixture is $320 more than the 2' o_O.

thanks bro i really appreciate all the input from everyone. without it this would be still be at step 1.

just ordered this tent.

36"x20"x60" MYLAR HYDROPONICS GROW TENT ROOM 3'X1.7'X5' CLONE T002 | eBay

i am putting it on the very left. then i am going to vent out and have the carbon filter hanging on the hanger bar with some zip ties or something. should i put mylar around the other 2x3 area that will be left for the vegetative cycle?

as for the lighting in the veg area i decided upon this

24" 2 ft T5 Grow Light Hydroponics 4 Lamps 6500K Veg Bulbs Sun 96W HO Used R24 | eBay

i would have gotten the 3' but i think it would be cutting it very close to the edge of the tent and i havent really gotten the tape measure out i measured with my shoe. would the 4 bulb 2' fixture be good for a 2x3 space? also the 3ft fixture is $320 more than the 2' o_O.

That light should be perfect for you veg area and I definitely would suggest using mylar all around your veg area as well... Check out those reflective safety blankets, you can find them on amazon for really cheap, some are made of reflective mylar and I believe it may be a little bit cheaper. :)

I wasn't able to see the tent, cause the link has been taken down, but sounds like a perfect size for your grow area :)

Hey cpt, that's a nice looking tent. Great advice given here!

I'll chime in because I'm in your situation as far as space, and I run the same size tent give or take a few inches. Tents are perfect but the small ones get hot. I love my tent and if and when I have more space someday, I'll most likely always use tents.

I'll give you a rundown of what I've done. Not saying you should do it like I did or anything, to each their own. This is just from my experience with mine. I tried 400 watt HID, no go. Even with a 6" inline that kept me from sleeping, no way, too hot. Oh-mine came with 4" duct holes, I used my knife and made them 6".
Currently I run a 250 watt HID in a Sun System 2 reflector. I use a bathroom fan (quiet) rated at 100 cfm to cool the light. Fan is outside of the tent, on the floor. 6" ducting goes through the hood, out of the tent and stretches out of the bedroom door into my living space. If company is coming I just coil it up into the closet and shut things down.
I cut 3, 4" holes on the top of the tent and mounted 3, 70 cfm computer fans drawing air from the bottom passive intakes of the tent for exhaust and good air flow 24/7.

With all that being said my tent stays 5* warmer than my bedroom is, not too bad. A 250 watt hps lights that small, reflective space up real nice for flower!

Good luck to you! Keep us updated and link your journal if you start one.

i definitely will start a journal when everything comes in.

i am going to be using a 500w LED so I dont think the temperatures should be too hot in there.

so the 6" ducting with inline fan and carbon filter is going to be really loud?

can you suggest me a bathroom fan and how would i set that up

Buy a Panasonic whisperline, its about as quiet as you can get in a 6 inch fan. Add a speed bully variable speed control and you will be able to find a happy spot between not to much noise, not to much heat.

Yes-they are loud. Well, loud if they are in your living space. If you're going LED you'll just need to exhaust the tent, not air cool the light. One plant really won't need a carbon filter, I wouldn't spend the money unless you find you need it during the grow.

Okay I am going to order the panasonic whisperline 240 cfm as well as the variable control. do i connect 6" ducting to the top, attached to a carbon filter, then to the whisperline?

Okay I am going to order the panasonic whisperline 240 cfm as well as the variable control. do i connect 6" ducting to the top, attached to a carbon filter, then to the whisperline?

tent1.png

but im using LED....

I would suggest something like I have in mine...see photo... Or you could mount the fan externally as well, but inside the tent will give for better noise reduction.

With LED you wont need to "air cool" it with ducting... since hot air rises the heat from the lamp will be extracted if you have the carbon filter above it near the top of the tent. With the flaps below, cooler air will be sucked in from below which will give your plants a nice cool breeze. A fan speed controller is a nice addition, they run I think around 30$ and then you can tone down your fan on cooler days, or crank it up on hotter ones... thus lessening the noise :)

DSC04255.JPG

Very nice info here. I'm also in the process of setting up a grow room 1st time so just going to jump along for the info cheers :D

cheers my friend.

ice that looks like a 6" inline fan attached to carbon filter am i right?

cheers my friend.

ice that looks like a 6" inline fan attached to carbon filter am i right?

Yep, with just a little bit of 6" ducting to connect them

ok thanks bud. ordering the fan from the sponsor page. :D

Back
Top Bottom