Need help with my closet set up

diedr037

Im not looking to spend alot more money or
get a bunch more stuff but can someone help
me out on what I should do to make this set up
better. It seems to be working ok but any improvement
would help. I have 5 grow lights (2 on top for the
smaller plants and 3 underneath for the bigger plants),
a small room humidifier and 2 small fans.

:roorrip:
1021090211-02.jpg

Hey dude im with screwnuts more lights and such but 4 now make the best of what have but if u have a few bucks go hit walmart and get a box of cfl's for about $13.do u have any thing n the house u can convert in to a chamber like the dresser n the pic that should help u use a lot of those wasted lumens wit the lights all over and help u focus the light were u need it.but they look better than my first grow good luck

Also I would

A. keep the lights on 24hrs
B. cut the top half of that plant off. those cfls will never reach that far, ya need more of a bush.
C. Move all the lights to the top. Side lighting does not work good at all for flowering, especially the first 3 weeks.

Screwnuts33
My humidity is around 80% and the
temp is around 75 degrees. I'm using 0.7-0.1-0.3
premium potting soil and I repotted the bigger plant
into a 5 gallon bucket.

bigman151
Do you mean taking the drawers out and
putting the plants and lights in there?

MeanBean
When do you recommend changing the lights back to 12 and 12?

Im defiantly a beginner so thank you guys for the advice.

When do you recommend changing the lights back to 12 and 12?

Honestly, i would cut at least the top third off. those cfls will never penatrate that low, plus you wont lose bud becasue it's not flowering yet. A plant will flower as much as the light provides...

Think more of a bush less of a stick. The plant will re grow to the height that your at now once you switch back to 12/12

I would switch in about 2 weeks depending on how fast it grows and how low you cut it...

Also, I would put all your plants and lights in one place "lights all on top of plants.". the shorter ones you can prop up on somthing, but it looks like light will be your limiting factor. If you move all of them together you can make more intense use of the lumens....

And if you have any $ left I would get more 2ft cfl balasts and bulbs. the cheapest ballast I can find are at lowes, like 23 bucks for a 2 bulber. then bulbs are 10-20 bucks. get the flowering style if you can, the plants need the boost then the most when using cfls.

cfl.jpg

ebay got ArgoMax there good.

What is the light schedule now?

Get a liquid pH tester before you do anything else!

Also do what meanbean suggested and invest in CFLs, they're cheap and effective plus they put out a lot of light for a fluro. You'll find they're much easier to work with than the tubes you currently have.

I'm not saying lose the tubes but CFLs is the way to go for a budget setup.

Look here ====>> Boss's Poor Mans Grow

Ok I cut off the top third of my big plants today. Wat humidity should the room be at? Around 70%? I switched to 24-0 schedule and they are starting to grow more out than up.
Thanks you guys

Sorry about the wait. I've been away from my comp for awhile. I changed the setup in my closet. I moved the dresser out and put all the plants on one level. I have the smalled plants in a semi insulated box on the right with 2 tube grow lights above them. I have 2 tube lights above the bigger plants and im waiting for my cfl lights to come in so i can get more light in there. Tell me wat u think.
1119090150-00.jpg

:thanks:

I would say cut the top 1/3 off the largest ones ready for flower on left. then in a few days or once your CFL'S come I would go ahead and put them on 12/12.

As far as the smaller ones "on right", leave them on 24. Cut the head cola off these ones, just the top budling.

make sure the light from the small ones on right do not shine on your larger plants when the larger ones are in 12/12 mode and in the dark.

Now with that setup you have some plants making buds and some more getting ready for the next grow. "the smaller ones"

Lastley prop those 3 smaller buckets up to the otherplants. make sure the of CFLSare within 6 of the top of plants" . "even the shorter ones up with the green bucked ones."

If you have any questions about my sugestion just let me know... Trimming these plants now will save you massive headaces in the future, when they flower you will see them shoot back up!

:grinjoint:

Ok thanks alot! Do you think both of the green buckets are ready for flowering or just the bigger one? Or should all 5 bucketed ones be put on 12/12 lighting?

I would say there all good to go. I mean if you had bigger lights you could grow bigger plants but you NEED short bushy plants. thats why I think You should cut them shorter. The plant will send the bud horomes into the lower shoots below the cut and make more buds!

That will be a great starting point for you:

#1. you can flower "12/12" 3 diffret size plants, so you can see which size you like best.

#2. you will have plenty of plants ready to move in the flower area "12/12" when yer smokin the first crop.

After you get that all setup we gotta wait a week or two to see which ones are male. gotta look for pre flowers then. you have to remove the males so you don't get seeds. Just let me know if you got any questions.

This is my new setup. I am putting all my plants on 12/12 lighting. How's it looking? Any improvements I can make?

1220092110-00.jpg

These are the smallest 3 plants.

1220092108-02.jpg

1220092108-03.jpg

1220092108-01.jpg

1220092107-00.jpg

Back
Top Bottom