Need help with LED light height!

Batcountry44

Hello everyone I am new to this site and LED growing. I have a red 880 grow light most of you know what that is and I am having problems getting any stretch from my plants. Beans popped around Nov 22nd to 25th Critical and Bubba Kush:lot-o-toke: they were under t5s for two weeks and then put under LED, and they are only 10 inches tall from dirt with 9 tightly stacked nodes. I topped at 7th node so side branches would grow more, but I can't get any height or width out of them yet. Soil is Pro Mix temps 82 max day 75 night they are in 3 gal pots light height is around 30 inches feed twice then just water once and I repeat in that order. Also using GH nuites. Any help with light height or anything else to get them to grow faster would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello everyone I am new to this site and LED growing. I have a red 880 grow light most of you know what that is and I am having problems getting any stretch from my plants. Beans popped around Nov 22nd to 25th Critical and Bubba Kush:lot-o-toke: they were under t5s for two weeks and then put under LED, and they are only 10 inches tall from dirt with 9 tightly stacked nodes. I topped at 7th node so side branches would grow more, but I can't get any height or width out of them yet. Soil is Pro Mix temps 82 max day 75 night they are in 3 gal pots light height is around 30 inches feed twice then just water once and I repeat in that order. Also using GH nuites. Any help with light height or anything else to get them to grow faster would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've never grown Critical, but I have run pre 98 bubba in the past, and for me it was a very slow growing plant. I think if I can remember correctly I vegged it for 2 1/2 - 3 months and it only got about 20" high. When I flowered it it stretched very little and maybe in total was 24" high from the soil. It was a very compact tight plant with very little branching, only I think 3 or 4 secondary branches. I remember not liking it because of that, it seemded to take forever to get large.

So it could be possible that its strain related? Never grown Critical before so can't comment on that one.

How often are you watering? does the soil dry out between waterings?

Any leaf discoloration issues? PH issues?

Any pics?

You could try moving the light down by about 6" or so to around 24" and it may help to speed things up a little.

not sure what else to suggest, maybe others would join in.. I know bubba for me grew really slow..

I am watering about every 5 to 6 days I let the pots get pretty light and dry before water/feeding again. My PH has been between 6 to 6.4 water temp at feeding about 65deg and ppm around 600. No leaf problems just barely burned tips 3 weeks ago with ppm of 700 so went back to 600 color is nice dark green and getting 11 finger leaves. I have trimmed of quite a few of fan leaves for better light penetration also. I'll try to move the light to 24 inch and see what that does. Sorry for no pics not to good with computers and how to upload them from my phone. Thanks for the info!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom