Need help

Ufcfan66

So,this is my first grow,I keep the Temps around 68-75°and the humidity 50-70%,here is a pick of one of my girls,any thoughts on if she looks good or bad....thanks
20151108_154938.jpg
20151108_154938.jpg
20151108_154938.jpg

Remember that if you are doing things correctly that the plant will more than double in size after you start bloom. So when the plant is less than half way to 18" under where you can finally place the light you want to start bloom.

Since it is leggy you might want to start already.

If it is an auto then good luck my friend. Start a journal. You will get better responses to just "how am I doing" in a journal.

It very long and branchy. Move your light closer and shoot it with some nitrogen. She is in veggie mode and needs more nitrogen then anything to help her grow. When she starts to get "pale" green like that, it's a sign the she's lacking nitrogen ;) If you also want her to be more "bushy" instead of long and branchy try moving the light closer. Depending on size a general rule of thumb is;

400w HPS 1ft
600w HPS: 1.5ft
1000w HPS: 2ft

Hope this helps :Namaste::thumb:

It very long and branchy. Move your light closer and shoot it with some nitrogen. She is in veggie mode and needs more nitrogen then anything to help her grow. When she starts to get "pale" green like that, it's a sign the she's lacking nitrogen ;) If you also want her to be more "bushy" instead of long and branchy try moving the light closer. Depending on size a general rule of thumb is;

400w HPS 1ft
600w HPS: 1.5ft
1000w HPS: 2ft

Hope this helps :Namaste::thumb:

I thought that they needed the most nitrogen during flowering stage?

Nope. It needs nitrogen through all stages but minimal during bloom. Look on your nute bottles and check up the NPK ratings.

I thought that they needed the most nitrogen during flowering stage?
nitrogen deficiency fix, it’s best to use water-soluble nitrogen like Marijuana Booster to get the element directly to the roots. Other types of nitrogen (like urea) are insoluble and require breaking down before they can be used properly. Once fertilization has begun, any nitrogen-deficient plant will take in as much nitrogen as it can and the plant will regain its healthy Kelly green. Plants will recover in around 7 days, but the most-damaged leaves likely won’t recover.

Yes they do need more in flowering but the beginning of flowering less as time goes on... Sorry for my incompetence. I'm doing several things here at once, plus im baked as a coook. lol ( I think im a lil dyslexic :( happens to the best of us.)

Lumens don't really matter but there is a ton on this in the lighting section. What you care about is PAR. Lumens is a measurement of what we see not what the plant uses. Those lights you have likely wont get you good results. They are good for cloning I bet. Grow lights are called grow lights because they do not put out light in the frequencies that we see only like the light bulbs you buy anywher else. They put out light in frequencies that we don't like but the plants do.

If you know for a fact that it is a female then maybe taking clones and starting over is a good idea because that stick wont yield much at all. But get it healthy first before you chop it up. Get it back to a happy place and then take the clones.

A good plant will have new nodes very close. Closer than an inch apart. Below I will put a pic I took of a male I yanked out of a DWC last spring. I took the pic to explain something else but it shows what a decent nodal density looks like. I get that density in soil or hydro.

male54.jpg

Here is an auto flowering one I after about 2 weeks in the tent.
AF_small.JPG

So if you are not getting nodal density about like that you have a problem.

:thumb:

Dose your grow area get colder at night. If so how cold below 65 degrees will not really hurt the plant but will make the color at center of new growth a lighter shade of green the solution is the same a little more N

Back
Top Bottom